11 HOURS AGO Are you the kinda girl who goes with the flow? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/ukcFkXMyGl

14 HOURS AGO 5 tips for booting bad grades: http://t.co/kMlNTRGFos

15 HOURS AGO Wondering if you should you get back with your ex? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/6gYmS9fe3s

COMMENTS

How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors

It's so not true! What do I do?

Well try to figure out the prob.!! Find out who spread the rumor and scool that person or ignore it, u know its fake and if your buds will stick with you if they r real buds

by Lollypop994ever on 3/2/2012 10:03:10 AM

I was talking to my friend today and she told me that everyone know that I like this boy, and I know she was telling the truth by the way she said it. She said that everyone catches me staring at him, so I know that I'm spacing out too much. But I don't want everyone to know and I don't want HIM to know!!! I have no idea what to do! Please help! Thanks!

by cityduck on 1/6/2012 9:56:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
How do I convince my parents to let me date. All of my friends can date, their parents and mine are good friends. My dad thinks that 21 is an appropriate age to start dating, but I wanna start in highschool. My dad is also over protective about everything. Please help

Hey girl,

The best strategy is not to use the argument, "Everyone else can date already!" That's not the way to go. Instead, be mature and show them you're good at getting to know people before making judgements about them, respecting yourself, and taking things slow. Try getting to know a guy before you fight for the right to date. Flirt, grow closer as friends, and discover all his amazing qualities. Then approach mom and dad. Tell them you've been getting to know this guy for __ months now and he's just great: he's respectful, makes you laugh, protects you, is studious and gets great grades, is dedicated to his sport, treats his mom well, etc. Show them all his great qualities and why he would be a good BF for you. Then tell them, "I know we had agreed I couldn't date til I'm 21 - and I totally respect your rules. But I wanted to let you know that I found someone really great, and I'm worried about losing that. I really want to date him and see how it goes. I feel old enough to handle it now - I know I won't take things too fast, I know I'll respect myself, I know I'll treat him well and expect him to do the same." See how it goes - this is a totally mature, classy way to handle the situation and I think it'll help your parents trust you more!
Lauren C.

by Kui on 12/31/2011 8:29:33 PM

I really want a boyfriend but my parents won't let me. I'm in middle school. My dad thinks that I'm gonna start dating when I'm 21, but u know that's not gonna happen. Guys have already asked me out before but I had to say no. How can I show them that dating isn't bad. All of my friends can date. Please help

by Kui on 12/31/2011 8:26:11 PM

MOD MOD
I was in class the other day, and my friend and i were talking about our term project grades. I told her i had done really well, and then this boy next to her jumps in and says, " you didn't do it buy yourself, your parents must have helped you". i told him i did it myself, and he replied, "then your boyfriend helped you." so sarcastically, i told him "yes, my boyfriend helped me." and i turned away. some girls around me started to laugh and look at me funny. Since then, that boy is constantly staring at me and it is getting uncomfortable. he will randomly walk by my desk and it's starting to bother me. Should i tell him to stop?
thanks in advance.

Hey girlie,

Absolutely - if it goes on too long and is starting to overwhelm you, be confident and tell him off. Say something like, "What are you looking at? Cut it out." Who knows why he's doing this (could be a crush, could be he thinks he's funny), but be strong!
Lauren C.

by caligirl95 on 12/29/2011 9:26:54 PM

MOD!! MOD!! MOD!!
kay, so me and this girl have been bff's forever but now that we have started high school (grade 8) she's been acting all wierd. It has always felt like we have been in one big competition between eachother but now its like we cant stop. I got my first bf last year and she hated him but idk why, we broke up but we r still great friends. My other friends are always happy for me but its like she never is. And now she has all of a sudden become bff's with my enemy!! She has also been really rude to me. I've called her on it a couple times because its gotten really bad!! I have a new group of freinds now but she still bugs me. Plus she hates my new friends and bf and it really annoys me. I have moved on, but obviously she hasnt! What should I say to her without hurting her feelings but not being super friendly like I want to make up completely??
Please answer quickly and sorry for it being so long!!
~HorseGirl2998

Hey girlie,

It sounds like this friend is going through some things right now, growing up and exploring friends/personalities/life. It's normal for besties to grow apart as they get older because it's natural for this experimentation to happen! If you're sure there's no chance to make things right again, just try distancing yourself from her altogether. Don't chat online, don't text, don't try to hang out. Don't consult her before making decisions or even listen to her if she's criticizing a crush/friend/hobby/outfit. Just let her go. It'll be hard at first because you're so used to having her around, but it'll be much healthier and more peaceful for you to do so <3
Lauren C.

by HorseGirl2998 on 12/29/2011 5:24:17 PM

Hey masquerade, i've had this same problem before. I found the more I tried to deny having feelings for the guy, the more they teased me. So just go along with it. It defintely won't be much fun for them if they aren't embarassing you. Maybe let your guy friends know ahead of time your friends will be planning on telling them you like them. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 6:51:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!

Okay, so my friends they tease me about liking some random guy and whenever i denis it they keep teasing; its really annoying. One time my friend was like Do you want me to tell him you like him? she said it right in front of the guy! And I'm like I don't like him, but they don't believe me. The problem is they'll pick any random dude that I'm friends with. It bothers me I keep telling them to stop but they won't listen to me. What should I do?

by masquerade on 12/28/2011 5:35:36 PM

i think guys make up lies to seem cool in front of there friends. I just wish they wouldnt make up the lies and maybe do something else to seem cool.

by toribear101 on 12/27/2011 8:58:22 PM

Mod mod mod ok so I like this guy but there's this problem everytime I like a guy they figure it out and start ignoring me or being jerks.....how do I stop that from happening this time I've only told my 3 closest friends

Hey girl,

If you don't want a guy to know you like him, try playing it cool and talking casually instead of trying to drop hints! If he does figure it out and start being mean, he's not worth your time anyway!

Meghan D.