6 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

9 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

10 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

How To: Wear glittery makeup on New Year's Eve (without going overboard)

See the tips on getting just the right amount of sparkle.

Heyy guys- I'm new.... this is my first post!(:

by penguin995 on 2/5/2012 6:25:23 PM

Hi! Oh, I can't wait to start wearing makeup! I get to start this summer! Yay! Smile

by New_York_City on 1/23/2012 10:30:53 AM

If you want super glittery nails then get sally hansen gem crush nail polish. I got it in the greyish blueish color and its so pretty!

by Andrea<3_16 on 1/6/2012 11:54:55 PM

Whose cheek's naturally sparkle?

by ♥purplexing♥ on 1/3/2012 4:23:24 PM

I really really REALLY recommend this nail polish set! It's called the: Nails Inc Special Effects Overglaze. (I have the Donmar collection... it rocks!) So basically it comes with a base coat (the Donmar comes with a black/plum color) and this AWESOME top coat. The top coat is kinda holographic-y and it has little clear flakes that have color in them. So it's really not like a sparkle, but it's sparkly. I hope this makes sense! A lot of people complimented me when i was wearing this nail polish!!! Smile

by cupcakesrkewl123 on 1/3/2012 9:54:13 AM

on my YouTube post, there is like over 30 bleeps, no lie

by MaxRide15 on 12/30/2011 8:07:34 PM

@Everyone*who*reads*this
Got to YouYube and look this up X-Factor:: Crazy Girl. My jaw was dropped for the whole vid. and not in a good way

by MaxRide15 on 12/30/2011 8:04:51 PM

you ever notice that the crazies use all of this at once no matter what anyone says? (I don't make any sense I know, I'm just bored...)

by MaxRide15 on 12/30/2011 7:52:26 PM

Hey Girlies! Love to write songs? Then join my club 'Sassy Songwriters'! It's a great club for songwriters to hang out and share their ideas! Also come to get advice, feedback on Ur songs, and just to have a good time with other songwriters! I would love to see U there!(:
XoXo<3
Madi(: (Prez of 'Sassy Songwriters')

by *MusicGirl16* on 12/29/2011 8:14:57 PM

I want the eyeliner. it looks pretty

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 12/29/2011 7:01:09 PM

I am def going to try glitter liner! Looks great Smile
Hey please check out my blog, it's for girls like you! It's called the Elite Society of Girls! esofgirls dot blogspot dot com Smile

by glamgirlteen on 12/29/2011 2:08:32 PM

What about theses nail polishes...

by Nerdyprincessxo on 12/28/2011 7:49:14 PM

Hey stars2010, you should try Sally Hansen's nail hardener. It keeps your nails from splitting and makes the, grow. Be sure to take a break from constantly changing your nail design. Keep them polished the same color for about two weeks, to give your nails a break. Hope this helps!!! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 7:27:07 PM

Hey rocketqueenxo, mhmm that's strange. I'll defintely let someone know. We'll handle it. Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 7:09:41 PM

Hey thepinkyyyyyy, you could get a bunch of your friends together at your house, have sparkling cider, dance to music, eat cake and watch the ball drop on tv. Of course them giving you gifts will be the best part of the night. Hope this helps and happy almost birthday!!!! xoxo

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 7:07:36 PM

Cute ideas, but I always spend NYE with the fam.

by Malgal22 on 12/28/2011 6:31:09 PM

mod mod MOD!
Hiya moders! okay so um i have the weakest nails you can ever imagine. (Im a nail art freak so i always chage my designs weekly) My nails keep splitting. Can you recommend me advice of such? My mom says the nail polishes that say that help don't work. do they?
thanks! ^_^

by stars2010 on 12/28/2011 6:18:30 PM

MOD! I keep telling you guys about this but no one's been able to help me yet.
So this summer I went on vacation, and when I got home in September, I checked my GL profile and found that it said I am the president of 3 different clubs, and I'm the only member of these club-the thing is, I never created or joined these clubs. I tried e-mailing the e-mail address that you have in the FAQ section to delete them, but I e-mailed it about 5 times already since September and the clubs still aren't deleted.
Could you please do something about this? It's really bugging me now :/

by rocketqueenxo on 12/28/2011 5:58:50 PM

All of these New Years Eve things sound fun (parties and stuff) but nobody I know has parties. They're more like high school things, so I end up spending it with my family. Maybe this year a friend will sleepover!

by miaboo123 on 12/28/2011 5:57:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! my birthday is on New Year's day and I'm kinda late on the planning for figuring out what I'm gonna do with my friends what are you're suggestions? thanx for helpin and Happy Holidays and a Merry New Year! ;D

ThePinkyyyyyyyyy

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 12/28/2011 5:54:50 PM

Hey stuff_lover, that dress sounds really cute! You could wear a cute black heel with your hair in a sleek ponytail with black eyeliner, light eyeshadow and pink gloss. Or you could pair colorful shoes, like pink or blue with the dress, still keep the lack eyeliner and wear your hair down. Hope this helps and have fun!

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 5:52:57 PM

I have been thinking about trying a glittery eye liner for a while. For NYE, I'm probably going to just do my shimmery browns pallette which is from Covergirl and it's not too shimmery it just looks kinda shiny. It's natural so that means I can go a little more dramatic on other makeup. Anyway, Black liner(maybe blue or green), my blush which is kinda shimmery which I luv(it's from wet n wild and it makes my skin glow!), and maybe a lip gloss the color of the one in the article. For nails, black shimmery nail polish with a multi-colored glitter top coat. Nails is the only place I really go big and bold when it comes to makeup.

by Art Crazy52 on 12/28/2011 4:58:15 PM

I love the Ulta nail polish and the Urban Decay glitter liner the most! On NYE I'll prob try the glitte liner! Thanks GL!

ATTENTION ALL FASHION & BEAUTY LOVERS OF GL•

Here's a club you'll enjoy: Fabulous Fashion! (And Beauty)

Fabulous Fashion! (And Beauty) is a club to learn new trends that real girls just like you are starting! We each post our fave fashion and beauty trend every week, and then I (SuperrGirliie) will pick one for the 'Fashion Trend of the Week' and the 'Beauty Trend of the Week'.
So join today and blog on my friends! (:

- SuperrGirliie

by SuperrGirliie on 12/28/2011 3:50:33 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD

Hey Mod! ok so i have this black dress with sequins allover that has like regular tee-shirt sleeves and it hits at my knees, i want to wear it new years eve, i'm going to a party at a friends house but it wont be to fancy, how can i stil look super cute but not over dressy? hair and makeup to please! Thanks!

(p.s. its going to be really cold)

by Stuff_lover on 12/28/2011 3:30:35 PM

Sephora also has great dry glitter liners by Urban Decay. I like the gray and the brown cuz they aren't too eye-popping so they're perf for parties and school. They're $18.00 + tax

by soccerlover99 on 12/28/2011 3:20:21 PM

Funny how my nails are painted with puirple glitter polish right now. ;)

XOXO~Courtney <333333

by cmn5297 on 12/28/2011 3:18:35 PM

Don't get the ELF color stick. It's not that glittery and I personally think it smells nasty. It smells kinda like laughing gas you get at the dentist, but not in a good way and others have agreed with me.

by mystic_artist22 on 12/28/2011 2:28:43 PM

On New Year's, I will probably wear pink eye shadow that has a little bit of glitter in it, but keep the rest of my makeup natural.

by supersingershannon on 12/28/2011 2:22:29 PM

I love the Urban Decay eyeliner! I love all of there eyeliner!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 12/28/2011 1:41:25 PM

Hey for x-mas my mom gave me a certificate for a $100 shopping spree! I'm 13 and I'm going to: Forever21, Hollister, Sephora, and Abercrombie. What are some other stores that I should try/ things I should buy?
Thx!

Hey Doll,

Lucky girl, you're going to all my fave stores! Sounds like you have everything covered, but maybe you want to add a shoe store or something like H&M? They have lots of cute clothes for cheaper prices. Have fun!
Rachel N.

by PandaPrincess♥ on 12/28/2011 1:38:55 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!
Okay so I don't know whats up but my face has been really dry and getting red spots on it in my cheek areas and chin. I don't know why it's happening but the spots remind me of acne but really they are just red spots. I want my face to be clear again and especially since I got a ton of new makeup for Christmas!Frown Any advice? Thank you!

Hey Doll,

Your red spots might be a form of acne, so you should see a dermatologist to see what's wrong. Until then, you can use basic cover up or concealer to hide them and don't forget to wash your face every night. Certain facewashes are made for redness, so look through your drugstore to find one.
Rachel N.

by cutiegurlxo on 12/28/2011 12:37:45 PM

Gret ideas! Love them! Laughing If you're not allowed to wear makeup, you could also do a sparkly top or body glitter Smile But then again, body glitter might make you look like Kesha! lol Laughing

by kaylarocks2000 on 12/28/2011 12:25:48 PM

hey how do you get glitter nail polish off easily?

by meganbenedict on 12/28/2011 12:25:02 PM

**********ATTENTION**********

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say there are some clubs that I would love for everyone to join like The Walking Dead Fan Club,Gym Class Heroes Fan Club,Wrestling Divas Only and my new club Adele's #1 Fans so plz join those clubs Laughing thx

by Princess Keziyah on 12/28/2011 12:21:16 PM

Thanks GL I usually go overboard when it's New Year's Eve. Now I can look nicer with your ideas! Laughing

Join my club Ariana's Grandies if your a fan of her. Check it out on my profile

by da:DaeSHINES on 12/28/2011 12:02:01 PM

What is the new black..... SPARKLES!!!!!!!!!! I love sparkles. I wish make up was free! then i would love life so so so so so so so so MUCH!!

by cet on 12/28/2011 12:00:40 PM

Cool ideas! I'll definitely try them!

by Maddie Style on 12/28/2011 11:56:07 AM

MOD! Why do you always post things about makeup when It's not OK for a lot of us?

Hey Girl,

There are actually many GL Readers that are at the make-up wearing age, so we would like to provide makeup tips for our readers that do wear makeup.

Kathryn S.

by vanillaflower on 12/28/2011 10:41:27 AM

I'm not allowed to wear makeup.....but I love nail polish!!

by vanillaflower on 12/28/2011 10:40:35 AM

I am deffinatly going to use this, my birthday is New Year's day so this will be perfect!

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 12/28/2011 10:07:38 AM

Lip gloss doesn't look good on me-Bleh!! Plus my hair always gets stuck on my lip! Tong

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' it's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile go to my profile to join!

by Svds on 12/28/2011 9:58:53 AM

I'll probably only go as far as the nail polish lol. I don't wear make-up (yet).

by sweetooth on 12/28/2011 9:58:51 AM

First Comment.... I think

Sweet ideas! I'll ask my 'rents about that glitter/shimmer stuff!
Not your best ideas, GL. They could be better... Frown

by caseysister2001 on 12/28/2011 9:11:06 AM

ugh im sick, so im going to be wearing pj's. otherwise i would keep it simple cuz id be with friends

by hahaha2005 on 12/28/2011 9:00:45 AM

If you love Nail Art, Nail Polish, or just need tips and ideas, Join the club Nail Art! We have nail art tutorials, surveys, and more fun things! Check it out!

by ellie hills on 12/28/2011 8:21:07 AM

Perfect! I love the polish, lipgloss-well basically everything! I'm not gonna go to overboard with the sparkles, I'll look crazy!!!

by EliseLovesMagazines on 12/28/2011 8:14:53 AM

i soo want that nail polish and eye liner!

by j4zm09 on 12/28/2011 2:23:18 AM

We have been visiting my big bro this Christmas and today his dog came to stay with us. My dad was walking him and he got loose and we haven't been able to find him since 3:30 so it's been 7 and a half hours. That dog was my brother's whole life and the dog saved him from a really depressed time and now WE are the ones who ruined it because my brother came home from work and we had to tell him we lost his best friend. I'm afraid my brother is going to fall back into depression and possibly hurt himself if we don't get that dog back. Plus, the dog is unregistered so if animal control finds him they could put him down! Someone might've stolen him... He might've gotten hit by a car, too. I'm so upset and angry and guilty. How do I cope with all this?! I'm so worried my brother is going to resent us forever and slip back into depression.

Hey girl,

It hasn't been a full day yet since the dog went missing, so keep calm because he could still turn up. Dogs run off  all the time but many times know how to find their way back. If your brother is dealing with depression, that is a problem that most likely has nothing to do with your dog, but is something that he should get help with if it is a serious problem. You really can't blame yourself for the dog running away- that was no one's fault. Things like that happen. Hopefully the dog will turn up soon, and if he doesn't and you are worried about your brother, I would talk to your parents about how you can get help for him.

Kathryn S.