Bridget M.

is modding

6 HOURS AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

9 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

10 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

I have a zit--just in time for NYE!

I have this really gross pimple on my face, and I have this super important event coming up...

Hey strawberryangelcake10000000000, it could be that you aren't using the right moisturizer. Try Burt's Bees acne cleanser. That helps me and it's only about ten bucks. Be sure you are washing your face day and night. Drinking water helps too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Hi, I'm almost eleven and I have about ten pimples on my fore head five on my chin and like one hundred black heads on my nose,I use facial cleansers in the morning and at night but I just can't get rid of them any ideas on how to fix it, cuz I need help!! Lynae P.

by Strawberryangelcake1000000000 on 5/26/2012 4:12:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just read this article and it talked about what to do if you have acne, but I never get acne! I have a really bad pimple in the crevice on my chin (and some small ones on my noes, but those aren't that noticeable). What product should I try to get rid of it quickly? I have had one of these things before and someone at the salon helped me by taking this little circle tool thing and like digging the "root" out. If it's big and hurting and stinging me now, should I have this done again? (I'm looking for products that won't hurt me as bad as that experience did...) I saw an AD in maybe the last issue for something that reduces redness in 4 hours?? Should I try that?? I've tried concealer but it becomes white on the pimple and looks almost as bad as it was without it. I'm washing and moisturizing, and it STILL won't go away. I'm totally stumped. PLEASE HELP ME!

Hey girl,

There are a lot of choices for getting rid of uncomfortable acne! You might not be using the right kind of wash for your skin. Try using a wash with salicylic acid and then use benzoyl peroxide cream. Don't go too crazy applying a lot of different products to it. If you still can't get that stubborn pimple to settle down, talk to your dermatologist.
Kelly G.

by 2bluetopaz on 5/21/2012 4:04:39 PM

great advice! of anyone is wondering i m starting a club soon all abbout wonderful u and your wonderful bod.this is leading mostally 4 middle schoolers. so anyways great article!

by mandapanda10 on 4/9/2012 7:44:19 PM

Dear Rarataytay, im only 11, so my mom really isn't into me using much makeup, but my aunt got me a makeup kit that isnt like the makeup you find in Walmart, etc, and my mom is OK with it.... the brand is abbreviated MM, but i cant remember the name.....oops

by ostar21 on 4/7/2012 9:22:09 AM

if you have bad acne, i SOOO recomend using Nuetrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser..... things like proactiv do work, but its a lot more expensive and is very harsh to your skin.... I def. wouldn't recomend AcneFree, it takes like 2.5 MONTHS to work.

by ostar21 on 4/7/2012 9:12:16 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
I have had acne since i started getting my periods, only this is all the time, not just once a month. I dont want to spend a lot of money over something that doesnt work, but im getting desperate! I have tried a scrub and Nature's Cure, and want to try AcneFree next... any advice? i RRRREEEAAALLLYYY hate my acne!

Hey girl,

If you're using salicylic acid, try benzoyl peroxide, and vice versa -- different people respond better to different products. But the best way to cure acne besides over-the-counter products is to see a dermatologist and get professional help, so talk to your parents about getting a referral from your doc.

Meghan D.

by WhoAmI? on 3/24/2012 12:20:09 PM

MOD MOD
how do you hide a pimple on your chin and one by your nose?

Use concealer

Amanda P.

by Fish_Lover28 on 3/19/2012 4:17:24 PM

MOD MOD
i have a lot of blackheads on my nose and i have tried using a few diffrent face washes to get rid of them but they dont seem to help! What should i do?

Hey girl,

Try using a face wash with salicylic acid. If it's your nose, you should also try a nose strip like Biore -- they're like magic!

Meghan D.

by peacenluv22 on 3/17/2012 12:58:45 PM

@baby-k-rose I tried it n it worked! Thanks SO much!

by r1n2s3 on 3/16/2012 1:43:12 PM

Mod mod mod
My friends are really nice and popular, but they cuss a lot. I don't wanna sound like a loser and say "that wasnt very nice" but it's kinda annoying when u cant have a normal, non-cussing convo.

Hey girl. Just let them know that not every word they say has to be a cuss word. If it really bothers you let them know and if they are really your friends they will try and cut back.
Ana D.

by r1n2s3 on 3/16/2012 1:37:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i've have acne for about 2 years Frown, and i've been using proactiv for a little over a year. And all the really bad red pimples are gone and so are most of the marks left behind. But i still keep getting acne no matter how much i don't touch my face or how much i drink water instead of soda. i'm sick and tired of it, please help!!

Hey babe,

We all have our never-ending problems with acne.  Your best bet is to ask your parents about going to a dermatologist.  They can make decisions on what products to give you based on your specific skin situations.
Jordan S.

by strawberriesgf on 3/5/2012 8:32:31 AM

MOD, MOD!!!!!!!!!!
i need to know something, during puberty my face was doing alright, then all the sudden i broke out! i need to know if its a stage, if it means something, and how i can stop it! P.S i clean my face every night.

Hey Girl,

Skin changes, not only during puberty! See if switching your face wash helps. Also, try peelings and limit your make-up use for a while. If your skin doesn't get better, schedule an appointment with a dermatologist. Hope this helps Smile

alicia m. alicia m.

by taytaydance13 on 2/23/2012 1:41:08 AM

during puberty my skin was doing just fine, then all the sudden i just broke out! is this a stage, does it mean something, and how do i stop it! p.s i clean my face every day.

by taytaydance13 on 2/23/2012 1:36:08 AM

MUST READ TIP!: If u have dry or rough skin, use St. Ives black head and blemish control. Its a exfoliating wash that leaves ur skin unbelivebly smooth. So, I tried it about a week ago and use it every time I take a shower (every to every other day.) Unlike most acne products, it doesnt dry out ur skin. Instead, in just one use, it left my skin literally silky smooth and reduced pimple size and redness. Please try it, u wont regret it!!!

by baby-k-rose on 2/18/2012 4:23:02 AM

My parents won't let me wear dark makeup, or anything, because they say that i look to old with it on, but almost all the other girls in my grade wear it, any makeup brands that my mom might be willing to try out?

by Rarataytay on 2/11/2012 10:38:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD!On my forehead I have a few zits but the rest are just little bumps. How do I get rid of those little bumps and are the little bumps considered as zits?

Hey girlie,

I usually call those little bumps "blemishes," not "zits." My zits are always red, they get big, they kinda hurt a little, and they're super noticeable. But those little bumps are there more often and are way less noticeable. So for blemishes like that, try an exfoliating gel once a day to remove makeup and oil, open the pores, and give yourself clean skin. It'll also help to use a mask once a week - grab one at the drugstore and follow the directions or make your own (mix oatmeal, water, and a bit of honey together until it forms a sticky paste - then leave it on your face for 10 minutes) for even cleaner, more open pores! Smile

Lauren C.

by pixiedust5 on 2/11/2012 9:39:50 PM

What does modding mean haha? I seriously have know idea

Hey babe,

Modding = my job! I'm a mod, so me and a whole team of older girls approve your comments before they go public, answer advice questions, etc Smile
Lauren C.

by ashpay14 on 2/9/2012 4:36:52 PM

i dissagree. neutrogina is the best. my whole fam uses it and we cleared up like that. me my 2 sistrs, and all of my friends <3 it

by iluvjb12 on 2/8/2012 10:24:38 PM

MOD!!!
i was wondering, i have a little bit longer than shoulder length hair with side bangs and i was wondering if u have some good ideas for my hair at school?

Hey girlie,

Of course we do! Check out this series of hairstyle articles, which is probably my personal fave on GL.com. See which styles work for you! Since your hair is a good length and not too short, you should be able to do most of them! And don't forget.. practice makes perfect!

Lauren C.

by hermionelover on 2/4/2012 10:32:42 PM

MOD!! I have those pop-out pores a lot(black and white heads). Whats the fatest way to get rid of them!!!! I wash my face with nutergena 2 times a day. I dont have any acne so I use the normal wash. Please help

Hey candycharms, using the acne wash may actually help get rid of those pores. Try it out! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by candycharms on 2/3/2012 4:59:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
2 questions!
1)I have a spelling bee in front of the entire school tomorow! I tried to drop out cuz i freak when im in front of ppl. I couldnt drop out so my teach said to get the first word wrong and im done. But im even scared to do that! Help me overcome my stage fright please!!!
2)I have a gross pimple right under my nostril and its huge red swollen and it hurts alot! How do i Take care of it?! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Hey babe,

1. Uhhhh, that's silly! I know it's stressful to stand in front of a bunch of people, but it sounds way more embarrassing to fake it and get the first question wrong...on purpose. Doesn't it? Don't sell yourself short. Get up there and focus on the task at hand: spelling the word. Don't think about the people watching or your nerves. Take each step at a time and just think hard on the word, the letters, saying each individual piece of the puzzle. It's easy to let your nerves get the best of you, but with a little focused thinking and paying attention to the right thing, you'll be able to get through it!

2. Check out the first paragraph in this article! This pimple, even though it's close to your nostril, is just like any other pimple. There's not much you can do about it right now (don't pick at it! don't pop it!), other than taking a Tylenol to ease the pain and using cold, like an ice cube wrapped in a washcloth, to cut down on swelling. Otherwise, try to wait it out and cleanse your face with blemish-fighting ingredients to prevent it from happening again Smile
Lauren C.

by paramoregurl on 1/19/2012 6:34:07 PM

those girls look like 9 and are wearing foundation and eyeliner... what the heck?!

by PandaPrincess♥ on 1/17/2012 2:21:11 AM

say your name 10 times say your moms name 5 times say your crushes name 3 times post this to 4 other quisses.if you do this youll be kissed by your crush the closest friday but if you dont youll have bad luck.send this to 5 quizes in 143 minutes and when your done press f6 and your crushes name will apear in big letters on the screen. its freaky how this actualy works.

by Jojobean on 1/16/2012 2:55:09 PM

i had a zit and i popped it but it kept coming backk so i put peroxide on it every day and now its gone

by lilmissbieber123 on 1/16/2012 12:38:49 PM

BTW ppl, sometimes using or scrubing your face, gives ya pimples, and even worse ones.

THIS ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR SKIN! Smile

by Minaxoxo on 1/16/2012 9:23:01 AM

__________QUESTION OF THE DAY! __________Tampons or Pads? Why? Answer on my profile!!!

by melaniegrace<3 on 1/15/2012 6:12:26 PM

Um... Is it just me or are the girls in the picture like, 10 and wearing TONS of makeup?!?

by Grace_Louise_Mabel on 1/15/2012 12:25:36 PM

Hey sugerdog40, try using an acne solution on your legs. Burt's Bees, Neutrogena, Clearasil are really good products. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so I have really pretty legs, and okay skin so i was really upset when suddenly these THINGS popped up. There like whiteheads but on my legs. They r red for a base then have this white puss coming out. If i scratch at them enough, the white things come out. But loition dosnts do anything, just keeps them away for a few minutes. What do I do? What are they? Lynae P.

by sugerdog40 on 1/14/2012 8:45:35 PM

This guy that I really like (and I think he likes me too!) wants to hang out a lot, but every time he asks, I can't. I'm afraid I'm sending him the wrong signals, even though I really want to hang out with him. How do I send the right signals that let him know I like him?

Hey girlie,

When you do turn him down, emphasize the fact that you wish you could. Saying, "I have basketball practice, sorry" sounds wayyyy less interested than, "Ugh I wish I could! I have practice, can we plan for another time? I'm disappointed Frown" See the difference? Contacting him to ask him to hang out is also a good way to return the favor and show you're interested too <3
Lauren C.

by jayhawk94 on 1/8/2012 12:32:16 AM

Hey 426love, mhmm I don't know what that could be. I think you should call your doctor and scheldue an appointment. It's probably nothing serious, but a professional will be able to tell you what it is. Hope you feel better! Xoxo

Soooo my discharge is dark brown with like black streaks in it.(for two days today and yesterday) Ive had a lil tiny isty bitsy very light pink spot. My mom said it might be my period. Ive been googling what it is for awhile. Ive gotten a couple of different answers. (including poop) I was hoping you could give me answer. Smile thanks tons Smile <3 Lynae P.

by 526love on 1/7/2012 4:52:25 PM

Again... The picture at the top of the article is inappropriate... Can you guys PLEASE use photos that do not show seven to twelve year old's doing things that they shouldn't even worry about? You guys are just adding to the media fire of little girls acting like they're twenty.

by nosynewt on 1/7/2012 4:22:44 PM

Hey guitargirl7321, check out this link for a list of great sunscreens. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/05/21/bonus-blog-summer-skin-savers-it-list.aspx xoxo

mod mod mod
hi!!! what you you say is a good sun screen I should use, and what should the spf number be? (i have olive skin, if that matters)Thank You! Lynae P.

by guitargirl7321 on 1/7/2012 2:43:18 PM

my mom wont let me wear makeup
i think she thinks i will go lady gaga overboard but i wont
the only thing I'm aloud to wear now is lip gloss. How can i persuade her to let me wear make up
thx!!!

Hey girl,

Ultimately, you have to respect your mom -- there will be plenty of time to wear makeup later on in your life! For now, respond to her by being mature and not fighting, and maybe that will make her see that you're grown up enough to wear it!

Meghan D.

by matkins8 on 1/7/2012 11:36:01 AM

Whew!
I'm so glad that you guys finally mention
"You’ll also want to follow each face wash with a moisturizer. It’s a common myth that people with oily or breakout-prone skin shouldn’t use moisturizer because it will make your skin greasy, but the opposite is actually true! If you don’t use moisturizer, your skin feels dry and starts producing more oils than it needs to, which causes pimples"
I think it's really important for teenage girls to know this, because it's so true and no one believes it!
You go Girlslife!
~Zabc*a

by Zabcia on 1/6/2012 3:23:08 PM

That sucks...
The girls on the pic look really young!

by kayla9 on 1/5/2012 6:27:19 PM

Hey georgetownroad, I think that's just discharge. No worries, you're fine. Your period may be on it's way though. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Yesterday I found a brown sticky spot on my underwear that dried yellow. So, I decided to wear a pad just incase.Well, I found a small brown spot on the pad. No blood, at all. Is it my period? PLEASE! I need help! Lynae P.

by georgetownroad on 1/4/2012 8:50:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just lost my best friend, who moved away and me and my other friend are growing apart because she's in another class and now I have no one to enjoy my year with except a couple of classmates I am not exactly close with. They're fun, but they sometimes ignore me and what I have to say and if what I am saying isn't clever or funny enough they won't talk to me. I feel like I have to change myself to be able to talk to them. But other than them, I literally have no one. There aren't that many girls in the class and other than them, there's another group of girls that are kind of a bad influence.

Hey girl,

Sorry your classmates are ignoring you -- is there someone else you can talk to? They might be as afraid to look uncool as you are, so why not invite a classmate or two to hang out one weekend? If they get to know you better, they'll probably open up more during class, too. Most friendships don't last forever, so it's never too late to find new pals! If you're not clicking with the girls at your school, try meeting other girls through community activities like group sports or church groups. There are plenty of chicas out there who would love to be your friend!

Meghan D.

by lemontwist213 on 1/4/2012 3:00:13 PM

At first, when I saw this article I was like "thank god this doesn't refer to me", then the day before school I got a huge pimple right on my cheek! Haha Smile

by lemontwist213 on 1/4/2012 2:55:31 PM

Any questions about how to feel or do better in your favorite sport or why something unexplained happens whenever you workout? Do you have alot going on and you stress over it too much? Do you put yourself down when life doesn't go the way you want it? Well I'm a varsity cross country, and track runner that is full of randomly helpful facts. Ask advice from me, and I'll point you in the right direction. Just Join the club: ActiveTeen101

by da-runner on 1/3/2012 1:02:30 PM

if u have acne you should stick to 1 routine becasue your face luvs routines and it will take your skin about 6 weeks to get used to new products u use, and pimplse/zits have a life span of 6 week (that means inside you skin 2) u should just take vitamins, drink 8 glasses of water aday, use a morning cleanser, a mosturizer, a facial scrub w? benzoyl or salisylic acid, and use a spot treatment at mingh. got it!!!!! it work 4 me

by iowa2468 on 1/3/2012 9:07:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
My bf told me he loved me but idk if i feel the same way yet but i dont want to break up with him! And he thinks im gonna say it back to him but i dont want to hurt his feelings! What should i do and say!?
Please and Thanks!

Just tell him you like him a lot. But youre not sure you love him yet. As long as he knows you care about him and are on your way to loving him you two are completely fine. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by HorseGirl2998 on 1/1/2012 8:23:33 PM

i use neutrogena scrub face wash and i use on the spot cream from neutrogena and the pimple goes down in one night and if i really need to cover it up, i put a little bit of foundation to cover it up

by twinkle99 on 1/1/2012 11:16:04 AM

I use a TandaZAP and i love it! Got rid of my massive zits in like 2 days or less. Smile

by treble_clef998 on 12/31/2011 7:13:02 PM

by treble_clef998 on 12/31/2011 7:10:37 PM

Those girls in the pic look 7! What 7 year old wear make-up?

by TeamAlice33 on 12/30/2011 5:07:20 PM

if you take asprin(1 pill) and put in your hand with water,dab it into a paste(still in ur hand) and apply it on thepimple/zit before yoi go to bed,it will be gone or at least smaller by the next morning ;)

by lalaloveyou on 12/30/2011 2:20:47 PM

I use a Norwex rag but it doesn't seem to work and b4 that i used dove soap and that didnt work either...

by kewauneegal on 12/30/2011 9:47:17 AM

Mod Mod Mod!
My new year's rez is to get rid of the skin problems and change up my style! I have NO idea how to!
(Let go of the old new and try on someone new this year, Virgo. Resolve to turn over a new leaf…by changing your ‘tude, making new friends or revamping your style)

Hey girlie,

Definitely take our skincare tips and work them into your routine! Washing your face, keeping your hands away, drink lots of water, etc. As for changing up your style, try buying a couple "key" pieces to shake things up. A statement necklace, a pair of heels, a blazer, or new glasses could really make a huge difference! You could also start the new year off fresh by clearing out your closet, room, or locker - clean up something and organize it. It's amazing how FREE that makes you feel! Smile
Lauren C.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 12/29/2011 10:18:52 PM

MOd MOD MOD !! I have like 6 pimples right now and I dont know what to do !! I wash my face every night with loreal 360 cleanser and when i get acne i use astrigent too !! And new years eve my bestie and ALL her fam are coming over and my Crush will be there but i don't know what to wear or how to do my hair HELPPP !!!

Hey girlie,

Since New Years is so soon, tips on face wash/skin care routine won't really help ya clear up this problem quick enough. Instead, we're gonna tackle this one with makeup - cover those pimples and you won't have to worry about them all night! Start with a liquid concealer. Dab it onto the spot, then use your fingertips to smooth it around and blend it in. Use a makeup sponge to apply foundation, then set with a bronzer/powder once it feels blended 100%. It'll help tone down the redness and make the pimple less noticeable!
Lauren C.

by barngirl on 12/29/2011 8:22:51 PM

MODS!!!  so this summer i want to wear a bikini especially because im going on a big rrip this summer! but i have a little extra weight, mostly around my stomach. when i hold in my stomach i really dont look too bad. so i think i only need to lose about 10-15 pounds. i am convincing my mom to get me a treadmill, so do you think running for 45 minutes would be effective? i also am eating healthier. and on the treadmill i would do running, jogging, walking, and marching, making like a routine. please answer, i really need it! thanks!!! <3

Hey girlie,

That's a great exercise plan! You need to balance eating healthier with getting active a little each day - do some cardio in the form of walking/running, yoga, kickboxing, swimming, playing sports with friends, etc. Mix it up so it stays fun for you and you'll definitely see results!
Lauren C.

by bubbles3956 on 12/29/2011 8:21:49 PM

I am on my 2nd period and it is already lasting 7 days!
Should I be worried?

Hey girl,

Nothing to be worried about at all. Periods can last anywhere from 3 days to 8 days. Some could be 2 days, some could be 7. There's nothing wrong here!
Lauren C.

by milk&cookies on 12/29/2011 5:52:35 PM

Do you have any suggestions for haircut styles for heart shaped faces?
Thanks!

Hey girl,

Any hairstyle with long, side-swept bangs looks awesome on people with heart-shaped faces. Reese Witherspoon is known for having a heart-shaped face, so try Googling pictures of her hairstyles!

Kathryn S.

by ckse820 on 12/29/2011 3:12:02 PM

So it says in this article to exfoliate every night, but I thought you were supposed to exfoliate 2-3 times a week! Which method should I use if I have oily/dry (combination) skin? Thanks!

Hey girl,

You are absolutely right. Normally, you should only exfoliate two times a week. The article however is about girls who are breaking out. When your skin is oilier than normal, it is recommended to exfoliate more frequently than two times a week. If you feel that your skin is excessively oily, I would recommend exfoliating more frequently than the recommended two times a week. Hope I helped! Smile

Kathryn S.

by fallsb-ball on 12/29/2011 2:28:05 PM

Have clearaisle stuff cause that just happened to me

by millia7 on 12/29/2011 2:04:43 PM

MOD!
last night i washed my face with Noxzema like usual and then i put on this cream that u have probably never heard of called Juinie cream and my face doesn't usually react to it and then i put on burts bees blemish treatment, but then my face totally went crazy red and blotchy!i now it was bad but it was gone when i woke up, and now a lot of my pimples are gone. should i keep doing this even though my skin freeaks or should i do something else?
oh and when u get ur period do u count 28 days after ur period finishes or the first day u get it?

Hey girl,

I would try using a different acne treatment next time because your skin should not be reacting like that. There are plenty of other blemish treatments on the market for you to try. And as for your period, count 28 days after your most recent period to determine when your next period will be.

Kathryn S.

by hermionelover on 12/29/2011 1:43:06 PM

MOD Mod!!!
On new years eve im going to a jazz club and a bonfire and i have no idea what to wear!!! help!

Hey girl,

If you have time to change in between the two events, I would wear black dress pants and a nice top to the jazz club, and jeans, a long-sleeve top and a warm winter coat to the bonfire. If you don't have time to change in between events, however, I would just wear the black dress pants and top to both events.

Kathryn S.

by glennal123 on 12/29/2011 1:14:25 PM

Oh I hate when this happens!!

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' it's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile go to my profile to join!

by Svds on 12/29/2011 11:44:31 AM

Perfecta wash works great! (you can get it at ulta)

by nerdisthewurd26 on 12/29/2011 11:38:10 AM