AN HOUR AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

1 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

2 HOURS AGO 5 book babes who had #awesomesauce summer jobs: http://t.co/fbg3ePO9v9

COMMENTS

Keep your health rezzies this year! 5 dos and don'ts to get ya there

5 dos and don’ts for making—and sticking with—stellar New Year’s resolutions…

Hey Gessi(:, just be sure to constantly change your pad when you need to and bring extras just in case. Have fun!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD-
Okay, i know this is off topic, but I'm on my period right? My friend invited me to her house to sleepover and I didn't want to turn her down so I said okay. But I'm really nervous because I don't wear tampons (and don't really wanna). I'm just nervous cause it's awkward. I know she's been through what I am, but I still can't help but feel nervous. Help! Lynae P.

by Gessi(: on 1/6/2012 8:06:05 PM

mod mod mod
hi, wut is a healthy wieght for a girl who is 5'6 and a half, also, im twelve, almost thirteen (if that has anything to do with a healthy weight)

Hey girly,

According to Weight Watchers, a healthy weight would be somewhere between 124 and 155 pounds.

Catie C.

by guitargirl7321 on 1/3/2012 3:24:32 PM

Any questions about how to feel or do better in your favorite sport or why something unexplained happens whenever you workout? Do you have alot going on and you stress over it too much? Do you put yourself down when life doesn't go the way you want it? Well I'm a varsity cross country, and track runner that is full of randomly helpful facts. Ask advice from me, and I'll point you in the right direction. Just join the club: ActiveTeen101

by da-runner on 1/3/2012 1:13:32 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod
Ok so my new years resolution is to get a smaller stomach. I've been working on my abs for a while, and it's getting tighter, but I don't see great results. I'm 12, do you have any workout suggestions? Thanks!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Try the following workouts for harder abs! And remember to always combine your exercises with cardio workouts and a healthy, well-balanced diets full of veggies (and not full of junk food). Getting tight abs and defined muscles takes LOTS of time - there's no magic way to get them overnight! So stay patient and keep working hard. You can do it! <33

Lauren C.

by Foodiejr99 on 1/1/2012 9:50:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so I LOVE fruit! My mom buys the fruit that says "Light Juice". I know she does this because the juice in canned fruit is really sugary and bad for you. Is the light juice still bad for you? I ask this because in this article AND in another one it said to eat lots of fruits but I don't want to eat lots of unhealty fruits.

Hey girlie,

Drinking fruit juice (especially "light" juice) isn't bad for you, as long as you drink it in moderation! I'm sure the rest of your diet includes real fruits and veggies, plus a bunch of other healthy choices. So you'll be totally fine! <33
Lauren C.

by rissa99 on 12/31/2011 4:52:48 PM

mod mod mod
so last summer me and my friend checked out a book at the library and we put the books on my card.We totally forgot we checked out the books so i called her to see if she returned the 1 book she had .She said yes,i checked mine back in too.Then i get a library bill of like 30 dollars!She totally lied to me and now i think she lost the book!What do i do because i don't have her number well i do but it's on my phone and my phone is dead and i cant find the charger!!HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

Calm down! You've had the book for this long - this isn't a matter of life-or-death. Charge your phone, then give her a call and explain the situation. Tell her you totally understand and you aren't mad, but you think you both should chip in since you both checked out the book together. Offer to split the cost of the bill because you both forgot and you'll pay it off in no time! Smile
Lauren C.

by Random_Rainbow5 on 12/29/2011 9:22:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE HELP!
I really really like this boy Smile and I think he likes me back!! The problem is he's really shy around girls so idk if he would ever get the nerve up to ask me out! And I definitely don't want to ask him out. So how can I SUBTLY hint that I like him?! (text, in person, etc) I don't want to just flat out say it either!! Thanks so much xx

Hey girlie,

You gotta get to know this boy much better! Talk, text, work on schoolwork/projects together, get a group together and hang out, etc. Over time, try flirting with him to drop hints - compliment him, tease him, joke around, playfully touch him in ways that won't be creepy. These are subtle ways to let a boy know you're crushing! Smile
Lauren C.

by fireworks1071 on 12/29/2011 4:51:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!! PLEASE HELP!! Smile
Ok i wanna know if this is a good circuit workout:
15 knees, 10 pushups, 10 situps, 15 squat thrusts.
I would spend about 25 minutes (btw im a beginner) and see how many circuits i can do! What do you think?! Smile

Hey girl,

I am no exercise expert, but it sounds like you've got a solid workout plan there. 25 minutes seems like kind of a long time though, and since you are a beginner I would start by doing it for about 15 minutes instead and see how you do, and keep going for longer if you think your stamina can handle it. And remember to drink plenty of water both before, during, and after your workout so that you don't get dehydrated! Good luck!

Kathryn S.

by paramoregurl on 12/29/2011 3:41:18 PM

I stick to the one dessert a day eating plan and it works! I eat very healthy meals tho. I don't eat sugary cereal. burgers. chips. pizza anything like that. Sometimes I do, but thats not my diet every day. Every meal I eat I make sure to have at LEAST one fruit or vegetable. And then I can eat whatever dessert I want. Doesnt matter if its double fudge chocolate cake or jello. Whatever sounds good and is available I eat it! If you need anymore food or exercise tips post on my profile!

by bff61 on 12/29/2011 1:23:02 PM

My new year's reslutions are this: to watch what I eat and get a better mile time,to finish the whole Bible for the second time, and to get as fast as my dad at the drum set! Smile

by drummergirl133 on 12/29/2011 12:35:07 PM

@DaNcInGQu33N9812, I have that same resolution! I used to always focus on the scale, so I'm hoping that this year I get healthier and happier with myself. Smile Good Luck!!!

by peacerox21 on 12/29/2011 10:37:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD , 1. I really want to lose and i just Hate how my weight brothers me in the day and i cant exercise cause when i do i Over-heat and i get sick (i had the over heating prob. since birth) Anyways I hate it and I've gained pounds cause of it. 2. Whenever i eat i feel uncomfortable cause my dad tells me that im eating too much meanwhile if i dont eat i feel dizzy and he thinks im eating ''Way'' to much which im not Now when i was at school i dont want to eat. And im too afraid to go to my Doctor cause if he says im ove rweight i'll lose it cause i dont want to hear it i dont want to know. Any help Please!?

Hey Girl,

1. What if you tried a more low-key form of exercise, like going for a walk?

2. What types of foods are you eating? Make sure you are eating plenty of veggies and some form of low-fat protein, like chicken or turkey. Never skip meals, because it's really bad for your body- this will cause your blood sugar to drop, making you feel worn-out, and plus you won't be getting enough nutrients. And don't be afraid of your doctor- he's not there to scold you but to help you to get on track to becoming a healthier you!

Kathryn S.

by mozilla10 on 12/29/2011 9:13:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!! PLEASE HELP!! Smile
Ok i wanna know if this is a good circuit workout:
15 knees, 10 pushups, 10 situps, 15 squat thrusts.

by paramoregurl on 12/29/2011 1:03:09 AM

Hey nerdyprincessxo, I already answered your comment benath another article. Go check it out!

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 8:41:11 PM

These are great ideas! I'm mainly focusing on eating well and being healthy! Thx GL!(:

by *MusicGirl16* on 12/28/2011 7:44:34 PM

Hey orange24601, show your family all the fun and tasty things you can do with fruits and veggies. You can make smoothies, veggie burgers, and tasty sandwiches. They might like snacks like apples dipped in caramel, carrots and salad dressing, and celery and peanut butter. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 7:18:01 PM

These are really good ideas! One of my resolutions is, NOT concentrate on the #'s on the scale, but just get healthier. I think these will work out pretty well for me this year. Nice job, GL!

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 12/28/2011 6:43:37 PM

I lost 4 pounds in a week once when I went to the gym twice . . . I lose weight very easily.

by Malgal22 on 12/28/2011 6:30:21 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod
Okay, so my family doesn't eat fruits or veggies, and I need ideas to add them to our diets. We probably have f/v about once a week at dinner, and everyday at lunch on a school day. Any ideas?

by orange24601 on 12/28/2011 6:16:39 PM

Hey tori1016, you should be getting a text sometime between now and tomorrow. Thanx for signing up! ')

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 5:15:02 PM

This is so helpful!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 12/28/2011 1:43:02 PM

mod mod mod
hi, my resolution is to workout more, i made a detailed plan on what workouts to do on what day and ive got all that figured out, but what time is the best time to workout? ive heard that you shouldn't workout in the evening, is that true?

Hey Girl,

It all depends on your personal preference, but there are pros and cons to each time of the day for working out. Check out this post for the details!
Rachel N.

by guitargirl7321 on 12/28/2011 12:23:57 PM

Wow! That article really helped to inspire me. I have 2 questions. MOD MOD MOD MOD!
1.My favorite TV show is America's Next Top Model but my parents saw me watching it one day and now I'm not allowed to watch it! What should I do?
2.I want to gain 5 pounds because I'm going zip lining and you need to be 90 pounds. How can I do it in 2.5 weeks?

Hey girl,

1. Your parents are probably just looking out for you because America's Next Top Model may have some content in it they consider inappropriate for your age. Ask them if you can watch it in a year or two!

2. It's not healthy to gain or lose weight that quickly. You might have to sit this one out and go zip-lining sometime later on when you weigh enough.

Kathryn S.

by Maddie Style on 12/28/2011 11:51:47 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!! Ok so i just signed up to get texts from GL. When will i get my first text cuz i am like sooooo excited????????

by tori1016 on 12/28/2011 11:49:46 AM

I have a ton of resolutions this year and a few of them are health ones so this will definitely help!

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' it's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile go to my profile to join!

by Svds on 12/28/2011 10:05:19 AM

Thanks for the tips, GL!

by sweetooth on 12/28/2011 10:00:44 AM

So helpful! I always cant seem to keep my resolutions!

Do you girls love celebrities? Then join my club, "Celebrity News!" We give you the most up to date news on all celebs. Positions are now open!!

by EliseLovesMagazines on 12/28/2011 8:12:04 AM