12 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

15 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

16 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

Songs that will surely get you a midnight smooch

The perfect playlist to plant a kiss on your cutie tonight.

Hey Girlies! Love to write songs? Then join my club 'Sassy Songwriters'! It's a great club for songwriters to hang out and share their ideas! Also come to get advice, feedback on Ur songs, and just to have a good time with other songwriters! I would love to see U there!(:
XoXo<3
Madi(: (Prez of 'Sassy Songwriters')

by *MusicGirl16* on 1/1/2012 8:01:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
This question could seem really typical but here goes;
I'm 15, a sophomore in high school, and I really want a boyfriend. I feel like I'm smart, I'm (kind of) pretty (I mean I have acne and glasses and braces, but my eyes are super blue and I have pretty blonde hair.) I'm kind, and funny. But I don't think any guys like me. The guys at my school are all really immature, (I'm super mature for my age.) and the guys at my youth group are too much like brothers to really get into a relationship with. Where can I go to meet guys? And how can I flirt with them to show that I am interested? (I suck at flirting?) PLEASE and THANK YOU!!

Hey girlie,

All of your great qualities might make you a star, but a guy won't know about them unless you get to know him better and flirt so he feels comfortable to grow closer to ya! So it's double-trouble: there aren't any "good" guys available, plus it's hard for you to get to know them because you're bad at flirting. But you can learn! First thing, read up on our flirting articles like this one and this one. Sooo helpful! Make a plan for flirting with guys and test it out (in your head, of course haha). Then, branch out - you can meet new guys by getting involved in a new club, scoring a part time job, organizing a hangout with your friends' friends, joining a local volunteer organization or travel sports team, etc. Try something new in the new year! You'll not only be broadening your horizons, you'll be helping yourself meet new people (and potential crushes) along the way <33
Lauren C.

by jesusfreakhrdcore on 12/31/2011 10:11:38 PM

I'll be playing "Sparks Fly" by Taylor Swift. I think it's the perfect New Year's Eve song!

by supersingershannon on 12/31/2011 4:23:06 PM

Please come to me for advice! I love to give advice and I check my advice queen page every day! No question is too embarrassing or awkward. Thank you! Smile

by emonkey4 on 12/31/2011 4:22:42 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD,
so I have a crush on a guy at school, and I like him for 1 whole year and still do. Do you think he likes me and notices me?

Hey girl,

It's hard to tell without knowing anything about him/your friendship. Try talking to him more, flirting a little, and seeing how he responds. If he seems into it and flirts back, that's a great sign! If he doesn't get the hint or seems to get kinda awkward, he might just want to stay friends. Get to know him better and you'll be able to read his behavior better too - that way, you can get a better idea of how he feels! <3
Lauren C.

by doraerine on 12/31/2011 2:28:42 PM

i wish i was hanging out with my crush tonight =(

by Grdogs on 12/31/2011 2:24:30 PM

MODMODMOD.please tell me if these are reasonable resolutions. 1.I wont eat BK,mickey d,etc. more than 2 times a month. 2.I will lose 15 pounds(i already know how much i need to lose,i am way overweight,my doctor told me.)3.Eat healthier. Oh,and one more thing,what are some good workout tips for an 11 or 12 year old

Hey girl,

Those are great resolutions!! Best of luck with them - I think they'll make you feel great in the new year! Smile As for exercises, scroll through our Workouts section. All of our workouts are perf for tweens and teens, so find the ones you love that will inspire you to work out a little every day!
Lauren C.

by snowver11 on 12/31/2011 1:39:20 PM

@tswiftluver13

thats like all she writes is love songs! so they're all good!

too bad i'll b @ home w/the fam. no kiss for me :<(

by soccerlover99 on 12/31/2011 1:34:00 PM

....Why do they assume we all like Justin Bieber?

by biffo on 12/31/2011 1:06:25 PM

Thanks so much Lauren C. You helped me a lot!

by LittleRockstar on 12/31/2011 12:09:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
i have this big crush on this one guy. i used to sit by him in science then the teacher moved us around. then one day in language he told me that he missed sitting by me.i said no. im so stupid. he also never talks to me now. and i thought he liked me from what he was doing. but then he goes out with a bunch of girls. does that mean that he never liked me please help.

Hey girl,

He may have liked you, or he may just miss sitting by you as a friend. Either way, if you think you were rude, you should apologize to him and say you liked sitting by him too. If you become friends, you'll see how he treats other girls and be able to tell if you should go for it or not.

Meghan D.

by ims on 12/31/2011 11:10:54 AM

Raise your glass is a really good song Smile

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds and Band Geeks.' it's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile go to my profile to join!

by Svds on 12/31/2011 10:30:02 AM

"Love You Like a Love Song" came on when I was giving my BGF (whom I have a crush on) a ride home from school. We just started mocking her voice! So NOOO way will I ever play that song at my NYE party! Also take out "Edge of Glory". Then I have my PERFECT playlist!
Thanks GL for more awesome music!

by fungirl123 on 12/31/2011 10:18:38 AM

MOD,MOD,MOD,
so I have this crush on a guy at school, (he & my friend had a thing but not anymore) anyway he's kinda a flirt should that keep me from datin him?

Hey girl,

If you want a relationship, make sure he's on the same page. But if you're okay with casual flirting, go for it! Just make sure you're both clear about what you want.

Meghan D.

by wxyz22 on 12/31/2011 10:18:31 AM

I'm never going to get a kiss, let alone a boyfriend. My dad likes to have complete control of my life :'(

by clem10 on 12/31/2011 9:45:50 AM

Awesome! Too bad I won't get kissed at midnight Frown

by Malgal22 on 12/31/2011 4:18:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Two questions but the first is more important than the second.
1. How can i celebrate new years eve? All my friends have plans so i have to stay home with my family and just be bored? I was feeling so festive this year too! How can i get into the new years eve spirit at home? Thanks in advance
2.I subscribed for a girlslife subscription (yay!) way earlier this month and i was wondering if i would be getting my subscription (i got the 2 year deal) starting January? Thanks!

Hey girl,

Why not watch a movie or plan a family game night? Sometimes it's fun to stay in! Or you could plan a trip to the movies, or somewhere like bowling or ice skating with your fam. Any time you get to spend together will be fun! Here's the link to the Subscriptions section of our site -- if you've got a question about when your first issue will come, you can enter your account number online to get the deets. Happy New Year! https://secure.girlslife.com/

Meghan D.

by starfan1 on 12/31/2011 2:25:14 AM

also i think sparks fly would be a good song

by tswiftluver13 on 12/31/2011 12:58:19 AM

enchanted and fearless are like my favorite taylor swift songs!!

by tswiftluver13 on 12/31/2011 12:57:53 AM

MODMODMOD
Well I'm kinda lacking self confidence. I have two bffs and they're absolutely awesome. But sometimes I can't help but thinking that they don't like me as much. They always act like they do. But they look so alike and I look nothing like them! I'm a different race too. How can I stop feeling so paranoid? Thanks soooo much.

Hey girlie,

Embrace those things that make you different! You say they look so alike... but what's great about being a copy of someone else? Sure, they are beautiful and have their own strengths and skills. But so do YOU - and you're unique, which makes you valuable. When you worry about them being better/not liking you as much, close your eyes and list your own strengths. You can run a mile, you have gorgeous curly hair, you got straight A's in math, you're kind, you're good with technology, you're creative...the list goes on and on, I know it! Remind yourself of all the good things about you. And if you're feeling a little lonely or like your friends don't like you as much, take your social life into your own hands and ask them to hang out with you. Play an active part and get to know them (and other friends/classmates) better. The closer you are as friends, the more inside jokes and comfortable moments you'll have with each other!
Lauren C.