3 HOURS AGO 3 teas to cure your cold: http://t.co/zYSGlhia8d

4 HOURS AGO Happy Halloween! #turnup #hocuspocus #halloween http://t.co/6wS0e0H4cs

4 HOURS AGO Tired of your mom nagging you for relaxing in your free time? http://t.co/UoPmqT3cfV

COMMENTS

Rock the mile this year!

Better tell your classmates to watch out. They'll be eatin' your dust.

MOD
I want to go from a 9:55 to at least 8:55. Is this realistic? And also whenever I'm out in the heat I get exhausted quickly and throw up after running because of this. I feel like if I push myself when I run I'll throw up or faint. I know it's not dehydration because I drink a lot of water. Any tips?

Hey girlie, it's totally realistic, but you have to keep in mind that it could take time. Just slowly start running faster until you feel more comfortable running the full mile at that pace. The heat can do that, so it's best when it's warm outside to run early in the morning or later at night when it's cooler. You'll have to push yourself some to improve, but you don't have to push yourself too hard. If you start to feel sick slow down.

Lauren T.

by 12coco on 11/4/2012 6:10:17 PM

Heyy!! I was wondering that if a daily mini work out everyday would work (25 curl ups/ 5push ups/ stretching to increase flexibility) which increases or stays that number depending on how much I can do that day, is that. Good mini workout if I shower everyday(which I do)....
I trying to lose weight (177 and want to be 140-150) if I continue that for a year or more and I eat healthy foods by watching what I'm eating, how much and calories Will I be able to pull that off??
Are there any other things I should add to my work out like 40jumping jacks or something??

Hey icegal, yup I think that workout will work. It's really good you're staring out with an exercise regimen that works for your body, that is most important. You never want to force yourself to do exhausting exercises because that will only cause you to loose interest. I think adding music will help you. Music gets the heart pumping and gets you excited. Also begin visualizing yourself in your perfect form in the clothes you'd like to wear. Try that twice a day, for a few minutes in the morning and at night. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by icegal on 9/6/2012 11:22:13 PM

I'm in volleyball at school so I run at least a mile at least twice a week but unfortunately we run at 1:00 pm do its over 100 degrees and there isn't a cloud in the sky Tong today after volleyball when we had been running one of my guy friends in boys athletics came
Up to me and eas like guess what we get to do Monday run in 60
Degree weather before the suns up I was so annoyed when he said that Tong lol

by Myipodrox16 on 9/6/2012 10:53:01 PM

My best mile time is 8:02, but I want it to be at least 7:30 by the end of the school year since I'm going to a do a 5K in summertime. Smile

*****************Join Swim Chicks club for all things swimmish!!!!****************

by foxface911 on 4/12/2012 11:04:37 AM

MOD!
I want to start running. I don't know when would be the best time, or what the best temp. would be. I live in the midwest and we don't have a treadmill. Soooo, Idk what to do.

Hey girlie,

The best time to start running...is NOW! Depending on the person, different times of day work better for exercising. Some people love starting their day with an early-morning workout - running gives you a jolt of adrenaline, aka energy, which is perf for the morning! Other people like to do it after a long day to release stress and sort out their thoughts. Give these both a try and see which works best for you. Don't worry about temperature - just make sure you wear weather-appropriate clothes that are loose/easy to move around in. And go for it!!!
Lauren C.

by DreamSinger on 3/3/2012 9:36:11 PM

I run a mile in gym and have a time of 9:30 and I want it to be 7 minutes. I am also ____ pounds and I really need to lose at least 10 pounds. I also here you must work leg and stomach muscles. Is there an advanced routine that can help?

by selenahayley on 2/28/2012 5:23:45 PM

I want to try to run my mile in under 9:30 in gym class. Now, we stopped running the mile but I want the time of 7:20. I also hear that you must work your leg and stomach muscles. Is there an advanced workout that will help me and burn lots of fat.

by selenahayley on 2/28/2012 5:20:19 PM

MOD, there's a track near my house of about 3 miles. It's open on Tuesdays, and I go there every week. I do a mix between jogging and running. I've been going for 5 weeks. It takes me a little less than an hour to do one lap. I'm not so sure; do you think I can do two laps? I have a bit more than two hours every week there before I have to go home! Thanx!

If you want to do two laps go for it! But don't over exert yourself and be sure to stay hydrated.
Amanda P.

by ibtiwiptywoo on 2/22/2012 2:18:04 AM

you think im doing that well im actually not doing "1 mile" im doing "10" for charity beat that!

by princess of ice and fashion! on 2/12/2012 7:49:30 AM

MODMODMOD
Hey mod! well i run track and cross country and absolutley adore running. i hav 2 running sitches tho and i was wondering if u could help me? this october me and 3 friends are running the baltimore marathon as part of a relay team and i hav 2 run 7 miles for it. do u have any ideas to help me prepare? and also i really wanna break the mile record @ my school, which is 5:43. i got a 6:13 back in the fall, do you hav any ideas to help me drop the 30 seconds? thank so much mod sorry that this post it so long!
xoxo Emily

Hey Emily,

That is so cool! I have lots of friends who have run the Bmore Marathon and they had a great time. To run 7 miles without stopping, you'll have to do lots of preparation before the big day. Start now and run as much as you can in one workout. See how long it was - 2 miles? 3 miles? Since you run cross country, you'll probably be even more prepared than you think! Every week from now til the marathon, try running slightly longer with each workout. If you can run at least a little every day, it'll help! Then, by October, you should be able to run 7 miles easily without stopping. It'll take some discipline to increase your workout every week (or to push yourself slightly beyond what feels "comfy" to you when you're running), but you can do this!! As for breaking the record...to be honest, I'm not great at running with FAST times. But I'd imagine it's about pacing - take the first half of the mile slow and steady, then push yourself as hard as you can for the last half. Keep training and trying hard! <3
Lauren C.