8 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

9 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

9 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

7 cute products keep your skin glowy

Say goodbye to pale winter skin with these blushes and bronzers.

MOD MOD MOD !
well im allowed to wear makeup!but i dont wanna mess up my face which kind of makeup brand do you recomend ?please help Laughing

hey! Lush and Origins both make great products that keep good skincare in mind Smile

Helen S.

by cyndylubsyew on 10/20/2012 3:14:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm a tween and I have a lot of zits on my forehead. They're really small, except for a big one here and there, BUT the whole area is red. I've tried Buf-Puf, Neutragena, and Oxy! When I wash my face, I only get more red! What's the dealio, and can you help me? Thnx. Smile

Hey girl, there's a chance it could be rosacea, which is caused by blood vessels breaking and is easily treatable with antibiotics. That's more common in older women, though, so your best bet is to see a dermatologist about this one.
Carrie R.

by Christiangal345 on 6/13/2012 1:12:38 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

by fashion456 on 5/21/2012 8:56:50 PM

@OceanWavez thank you

by smileyface101yea on 3/3/2012 5:34:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! Please!!!!!!!
Hi! Well I <3 make up and own tons but I'm not allowed to wear itCry I am thirteen and have slightly pale skin and dark dark brown hair. I have dark circles under my eyes sometimes so I sometimes wear consealer. I am allowed to wear lip gloss but that's it. Maybe once or twice a month I will wear blush but I don't think my mom really notices. Sometimes i get really bored with my face. I think that my mom doesnt want me to wear make up because she doesnt like me looking older and mature. I wish I could wear eyeliner because it makes my eyes pop. Do you have any suggestions for make up that might get my mom's OK? I also wanted to wear some blush and pink eyeliner for v day....how can I get my moms permission? And if not, do you have any suggestions on how I can change up my look when I get bored? Thanks! <3 u guys!

Hey girlie,

Mom is probably saying "no" to makeup because of the way it looks, not the ingredients in it. So giving you new types of makeup to try, natural recipes, etc. won't work. Try talking to her and telling her you totally understand her rule - you don't want to wear a lot of makeup either, because it looks unnatural and fake. But ask her if you'd be able to compromise. If you could wear makeup to school one day a week in a natural and fresh way, she gets total approval and you won't ask about wearing it more often, you'll do an extra chore, whatever you think will do the trick. Offer to show her your best natural look! To achieve that natural look, you should actually avoid eyeliner because it defines your eyes in a dramatic way. For school, go for an eyeshadow on the lash line in a neutral tone, like chocolate brown. Blend it into the lash line and up onto your lid. Dust a pale shimmery gold or a pastel pink over the entire lid. Finish with your normal blush and lipgloss combo - just enough to make a difference! To change up your look, you could always change the color of your lip gloss. That actually makes a big change: light pink vs. cranberry vs. nude tones can change your whole look Smile
Lauren C.

by CamTheGreat on 2/12/2012 4:06:03 AM

The NYX stick blush looks like something I'll try.

by ColleenMonster on 2/11/2012 4:21:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hi. I have semi-light skin and dirty blonde hair with blonde highlights. my skin is generally rosier than most to the point where i can't even wear blush. its almost like i put too much blush all over my face. how can i fix this? Thanks Smile

Try using a tinted moisturizer. It will cover your skin enough to mask some of the redness but not all of it. Having naturally rosie cheeks is a good thing. You will save so much money on blush!
Amanda P.

by AquaMasquerade on 2/8/2012 4:31:21 PM

@smileyface101yea

Mineral powder works great, and like what the MOD said, blotting linens are good too. Try using a toner in oily areas to help keep oil at bay. Try looking for products formulated as "oil-free" and/or "mattifying." Hope I helped ;)

by OceanWavez on 2/4/2012 9:05:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
what is a good not so expensive foundation that wont clog pores and what is the correct way to apply it without making your face seem shiny during the day...it always happens to me especially around my nose since i have combination skin where my tzone is oily and the rest is normal or dry

Hey girl,

CoverGirl and Neutrogena offer some great natural foundations that you can buy at the drugstore, but if this is your first time wearing makeup, don't be afraid to ask for professional help at a beauty outlet like Ulta or Sephora! It's natural for your T-zone to get oily, so try using oil blotting sheets and a powder throughout the day to keep your skin fresh.

Meghan D.

by smileyface101yea on 2/4/2012 11:05:45 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
y dont my questions ever show up or get answered

You need to be a little patient because we do answer each question, one at a time...and there's only one MOD working each shift! So sometimes, things get a little busy. But I don't see any other questions from you waiting to be answered, so go back to where you posted them and I'm sure you'll find the answers.
Lauren C.

by smileyface101yea on 1/29/2012 10:19:06 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD!
Hi, so I have a question. There is MAC, Nars, Clinique, and other expensive brands. And then there's CoverGirl, Maybelline, e.l.f, that is SOOOO much less expensive, and the colors seem identical when you compare them to other high end brands. Is the quality the same too? Because why spend $33 on a NARS bronzer when you can get THE SAME COLOR (pretty much) in CoverGirl for only $4? I don't get it...

Hey girl! Makeup is just like anything else--some is worth the splurge, and some is not. The difference between the expensive and inexpensive products is the ingredients that are used. High-end makeup products tend to use better ingredients that make the product stay longer. For right now, I'd stick with buying the cheaper stuff so that you can experiment a bit and see what products you like best. Unless it's something that you wear everyday, I would save your money and go with the makeup you can buy from drugstores.

Colleen K.

by New_York_City on 1/23/2012 10:40:28 AM

Hey Girls! Join my club: You're a Natural Beauty!
P.s. the ! is a part of the name

by I<3VolleyBall13 on 1/22/2012 9:45:32 AM

Hey lolhugluv1, to get rid of the dark circles you can place a cold tea bag below your eyes for 15 minutes, put a cold rag or bag of ice on your eyes. Doubling or tripping up on pillows may help stop fluid from flowing to your eyelids. Be sure to drink lots of water too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So I have really bad dark circles under my eyes, and I have had them for years! I can't get rid of them!! I have tired everything, all different types of concealors and stuff, but it wont work. I have been researching online about stuff to do, and i have been trying to get lots of sleep, but they just wont go away. Any tips?? Lynae P.

by lolhugluv1 on 1/21/2012 2:35:39 PM

is it just me or does the ones from E.L.F and Bonne Bell look exactly the same???

by glass-tears on 1/20/2012 6:44:37 PM

TIP: if ur not allowed to wear eyeshadow (like meSmile ) use whatever concelear you use and put it on the fold where your eyelid ends. It brightens up your eyes!!!!

by <3basketball on 1/19/2012 11:03:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! I try everything with makeup but the thing that bothers me is i have green eyes and i hate them is there any makeup to make them look blue or grey thnx!!! Please help!!

Hey girlie,

There's no way to make your eyes appear a different color, but there ARE ways to enhance your natural eye color and make it look gorgeous green! Eyeshadow colors like purple, gold, bronze, and turquoise will really complement your eyes and make them look gorgeous. I have brown eyes and I so wish I had green eyes to play with... they can be so much FUN with makeup! Smile
Lauren C.

by rubyeve13 on 1/19/2012 8:46:34 PM

I love highlighters! The elf bronzing powder in luminence is awesome! kind of sparkly though... use it sparingly..

by khanhs on 1/16/2012 2:26:43 PM

I recommend Covergirl foundation good for any skin color!

by Tiger3211 on 1/15/2012 9:05:57 PM

Hey dancethenightaway, yup chicky!! Xoxo

the picture for the Bonne Bell is the elf one!!! I wouldn't have noticed except that they are the same picture..... Lynae P.

by dancethenightaway on 1/13/2012 6:06:49 PM

OMGHHKP! It doesnt have the right photo for the Bonne Bell Blush n Go Natural Blush!!!!!

by dancethenightaway on 1/13/2012 6:03:47 PM

MODMODMODMOD MOD MOD
...And what kind/brand should I use? It needs to be pretty inexpensive-medium priced unless it lasts a long time and is really good quality.
Also what kind of mascara should I use? I normally use mascara and curl my lashes, but what color? And I'm kind of confused about the different formulas, like thickening and lengthening. What's best for me? My eyes are a medium-dark blue and sometimes have green of gray in them.
Thanks!!! I know it's long, but please help!

To answer your new questions that I didn't answer on your other comment...

1) Try those "tried and true" brands like Maybelline or Cover Girl. They're moderately priced, not too expensive but not super cheap. Find a coupon to a drugstore or makeup store like Ulta to get a couple dollars off. That way, you know you're investing in a product that will last a long time and that you'll love! Smile

2) Start off with a plain mascara. I love Maybelline's Great Lash in Blackest Black or Medium/Dark Brown, depending on your hair color. Get the classic version and practice with that - it's my fave! Lengthening and thickening mascaras are fine, but personally I've never seen crazy results that made me head-over-heels for them. I think it depends more on the application brush than anything else Smile
Lauren C.

by smileybai13 on 1/12/2012 9:43:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok I am very pale, not like redhead/porcelain pale but just pretty pale. I've got a cute little sprinkling of freckles under my eyes and across my nose too. I've got big blue eyes, full lips and rich brown hair. I have pretty clear skin, sometimes the occasional pimple. (this is to give u an idea of what I look like)
What do you think I should wear for makeup? I don't know if I should wear bronzer or blush, of I need foundation, what kind and color of mascara etc. I don't want to be that bold, I'm aiming for a natural look. What do you suggest? It needs to be relatively cheap unless it lasts a long time.

Hey girlie,

Personally, I'd skip foundation and just use a bit of concealer to brighten up under your eyes and cover blemishes, if you get pimples. A cream blush on the apples of your cheeks could be cute too, for a sweet and romantic look! Your coloring reminds me of Zooey Deschanel, who looks AMAZING with natural makeup. I'd try a simple, thin line of liquid eyeliner on your top lashes (or a cream liner blended into a softly faded line, if liquid is too dramatic for ya), finished with a coat of mascara and a flirty pale pink lip gloss. It's super easy - and gorgeous!
Lauren C.

by smileybai13 on 1/12/2012 7:07:59 PM

Deedles1621- you may want to help but it could be considered rude to confront his parents about it. Perhaps Express concerns of any unusual behavior, and phrase it like this "Hey, I've noticed he seems to gulp a lot, do you think its a problem?" make them aware of his symptoms without playing doctor.

by smileybai13 on 1/12/2012 7:04:02 PM

blush is my obsession! i love benefit bella bimba. its a bit of a splurge but its soo pretty and def worth it.

by bakergirl508 on 1/10/2012 8:28:05 PM

Mod Mod Mod I have a question this will be my third time posting it. I really dont wanna be rude because I know you have to check all comments but here it goes. I have a presentation coming up in February and I need to dress up the whole day that includes the shoes. Where can I find a pair of heels that go with a black and white dress that I can wear the entire school day that wont kill my feet? Your answer is much appreciated Thanks!!!

Hey girly,

Try to find a pair of heels that are short and black. These should work perfectly.

Catie C.

by 15hayhay on 1/10/2012 3:32:49 PM

Mod Mod Mod !!
I wear Blush in the summer but im super pale and use powder and bronzer on top of it ! but I want to change what I use i've been using a E.L.F powder but want to use like cover-girl . Any Suggestions for a new makeup routine ?
also i just got my hair cut to my shoulders with long layers any good hairstyles ?

Hey girly,

Cover girl is a great brand! I would also suggest putting the blush on top of the powder and bronzer. As for hairstyles, I would try a half-back style. That would look really cute!

Catie C.

by barngirl on 1/10/2012 12:36:49 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!
I babysit this boy in my neighborhood. He's 4. He is very hyper and doesn't listen sometimes. In science Im learning bout syndromes. And I think he has tourettes. He blinks and gulps alot. And they say kids with tourettes can also have ADHD. I looked it up on wiki and he sounds like he may have it. I don't wanna go to the parents and be yeah ur kid has a syndrome but I don't wanna not say anything cause sometimes they Hav a hard time with him. I don't mind baby-sitting him if he does. What do I do??? Thanks so much

by Deedles1621 on 1/8/2012 10:22:25 PM

Try baby lips for your lips! AMAZING!!

by qtpie121 on 1/8/2012 8:42:33 PM

MOD! I'm going back to school tomorrow, and during the whole winter break I've been having trouble sleeping- I've been falling asleep between 3am and 4am, even if I go to bed at 9 or 10. I have to wake up at 6:45 tomorrow, so I'm gonna get only a few hours of sleep. How can I stay awake during school tomorrow, and how can I LOOK awake tomorrow?

Put light makeup under your eyes. Like a shade lighter than your complexion. That will brighten up under your eyes. As for staying awake just get some coffee or something and i promise youll survive the day. Plus being tire will help you fall asleep easier tomorrow night. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by rocketqueenxo on 1/8/2012 5:55:27 PM

There is a guy that I like but the problem is that he is in 8th grade while i am 7th. I cant date, but i do have dances. I have 2 classes with him and see him all the time in the hallway. Is there a way that i could get his attention?

Ask him to the next dance! But until then the best way to get his attention is to talk to him. Get to know him. Share stories etc and just learn more about each other. That will help you establish a friendship. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by madisklogg on 1/8/2012 5:14:57 PM

I use a lot of moisturizer in the winter so that my skin stays fresh. My favorite blush is this Cover Girl kind I have, and my favorite bronzer is MAC.

by supersingershannon on 1/8/2012 4:46:40 PM

Almay blush is great! It comes in lots of shades, but natural is one of the best. I love it! And, it's not crazy expensive like some of the stuff up there.

by cuteychica on 1/8/2012 3:32:40 PM

This is exactly what I needed. The winter is so bad to my skin. It's ridiculous! ;)

XOXO~Courtney <333333

by cmn5297 on 1/8/2012 11:26:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
What do you think is an appropriate age to start wearing makeup? and how do you convince your mom to get you some??
thanks!
Sarah

Hey Sarah,

The "right" age is different for every girl! Personally, I think you should start using makeup when you respect yourself/your body enough not to go overboard with it. This isn't Halloween - your goal should be to use a subtle amount to enhance your natural beauty, not cover up your whole face. If you think you're there and would use it appropriately, talk to mom. DON'T go with the argument, "But everyone else is using makeup!" Instead, tell her you feel old enough to use it once in a while and you want to get the basics so you can practice/get good at it. Tell her you won't use too much and she'll always have final approval before you leave the house. Bringing her into your decision and giving her some power will totally make her more willing to say yes! Smile
Lauren C.

by way2qt4u on 1/8/2012 10:58:51 AM

I Love NARS Blush It Works Wonders!

by Eddy Kala on 1/8/2012 10:11:21 AM

UHHH OR IF U DONT WANT 2 SPEND 40 DOLLARS ON A BRONZER, USE NYX NON-POWDER BLUSHER THAT IS A LIQUID! IT MAKES UR SKIN LOOK GLOWING AND U DONT BREAK THE BUDGET SINCE ITS ABOUT $3 AND I HAVE IT AND I <3333 IT!!!!!!!!!!

by legallyginger12345 on 1/8/2012 9:00:28 AM

bronzer is like my bestfriend! LOL i love how it had alot of shimmer in it

by j4zm09 on 1/8/2012 1:20:36 AM

HEY GUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLS! Like books like:
THE HUNGER GAMES
THE CLIQUE
TWIIGHT
HARRY POTTER
THIRTEEN REASONS WHY
PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THEIF
then join the club POPULAR BOOKS! we discuss the movies, the series, actors, characters, and other kewl things! :o)

by briana13 on 1/8/2012 1:02:44 AM

Mod Mod Mod
I love this guy... he's nice and funny. I'm 16 and in 11th grade so I'm thinking ahead into the future. I want to go to college and then become a writer, I want to write about love. Here's the thing, the guy I like is a farmer and will always be. He's happy where he is I already know he's is, which means he's going no where. He's everything I ever wanted in a guy though. So no what?
--Thanks

Hey babe,

It's great that you're thinking so hard about the future and planning your life so you aren't unprepared...but it's ok to stop, take a deep breath, and just enjoy the moment sometimes! Personally, I think that's what you should do here. You're in 11th grade so you have 1.5 years left in high school. That's plenty of time to enjoy your chemistry with this guy, get to know him better, and even date if things lead there! You know you'll want to move away to college and branch out, while he has plans of his own that are closer to home. But that doesn't mean you can't learn from each other, enjoy each other, and make each other happy for the time that you have! <33 Don't miss out on great opportunities just because they don't "fit" into your master plan or you're scared of them not fitting in the future. Stay motivated and driven toward your goals...but remember to have fun and relax now and then, too.
Lauren C.

by volleyballlovergirlie on 1/8/2012 12:30:26 AM

Too bad I'm not allowed to wear makeup yet... not even blush or bronzer! Frown

by kayla9 on 1/8/2012 12:22:41 AM

-Making money
-Health
-Books and writing
-Feeling good
-Decorating
-Baking and cooking
And anything you can possibly think of!!! Just comment on my profile and I will get back to you ASAP.
XOXO, Kayla

by kayla9 on 1/8/2012 12:19:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD:
I've been looking for a good makeup palate with tons of different colors and I saw one just like I wanted at Target for around $8.00. Seems pretty cheap to me. I mean, it would be WONDERFUL if it's a reliable makeup. Is ELF a good brand?
xoxo, thanks!

Hey babe,

ELF Cosmetics are on the cheaper end of the makeup spectrum, and the old saying is true - you get what you pay for. I like shopping ELF products for dramatic eyeshadow colors or eyeliners that I won't normally use. For a special occasion (like New Years or a birthday party or Halloween), getting the cheap stuff isn't so bad. They aren't horrible products - from what I've used, they work well enough. But if you're going to use it everyday, I think I'd probably spend slightly more to get better quality. Try Ulta brand makeup palates or a smaller one from Revlon/Maybelline, with a coupon from the drugstore you're at. Smile
Lauren C.