AN HOUR AGO 4 ways to become a pro pet-setter🐶🐱�http://t.co/XB14QGj6r56r5

1 HOURS AGO Riddle time! What's better than edible lip balm that taste like Starbursts? (Hint: NOTHING): http://t.co/SJWsYTSGwz

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 chatterbox soars with Samsung's Galaxy S5 in Shimmery White: http://t.co/A0Dzja3yp2

COMMENTS

Fed up with being a "geek"

My friends and I are always made fun of for being good students...

@raniey, I totally relate. DO NOT ever play dumb, or not answer questions to seem "cooler" sacrificing your good grades is not worth it. But don't be condescending to others, if someone asks you how you did on a test you got 100 on, say really well rather than the actual number, and if they press, say your grades are your business. This way people will still know your smart, and people will always know that (it's a good thing) but by not sharing numbers you will lose any negative stigma. Hope this helps, and if you want to chat, check out my advice queen page: dragonsrox1000

by dragonsrox1000 on 1/6/2013 2:15:33 AM

Why is it bad to be called a nerd or geek!?!?! I NO GET IT.

by prettyotter on 12/28/2012 7:30:22 PM

don't worry about what other people say. when people call you a geek or nerd it just means you are very smart. And you can get very good tings out of being smart, like you will go to a good collage and you willget a good job. So if someone says you ae a nerd or a geek say thank you. Smile

by fairy farmer on 8/18/2012 8:04:01 PM

I can relate. I get 100% in almost EVERYTHING. My friends are super awesome about it and support me but others aren't. I sit in the back of the class yet STILL I can hear people talking about me calling me a "geek" or a "brainy-pants". Sometimes I worry that guys won't ask me out because I'm smart. All the popular girls who the guys like aren't that bright.

ADVICE ANYONE?

by Raniey on 6/6/2012 8:49:54 PM

I get an a on pretty much every paper I get and people call me a geek but the people who call me a geek get like a f on every paper so you should just shake off the people and think its great being a geek because i now im smart then and people calling me a geek probably are jealous of the grades i get.

by dancer for life!!! on 4/2/2012 7:37:01 PM

I'm sort of like that too
But I'm not any "uglier than the ppl who call me it
Mod
My crush likes my BFF
She doesn't like him
Wat do I do?

Hey girlie,

Remember you can never make someone like you. But since you know your BFF isn't a "threat," try becoming his friend and letting him get to know you better! Flirt a little, but more importantly be a really good friend. Swap music and movies, talk about hobbies, do homework together, text, etc. Give it a try - growing closer to the guy is the BEST way to win him over!
Lauren C.

by cupcakegenius on 3/29/2012 6:32:27 PM

Don't feel like a geek! I get good grades and I've gotten asked out six times in the past month!

by prettysister812 on 3/8/2012 7:22:56 PM

it doesnt matter what they call u... as long as ur happy with urself thats all that matters. Besides, I dont know anyone who's cool for being dumb.

by lalagirl777 on 3/8/2012 4:24:30 PM

No one said being called a geek was a bad thing. The next time someone calls you a geek say thanks cuz one day you'll be working for one. lol
btw im also considered a geek but i dont care i want a bright future so I have to work for it

by anerelis on 3/8/2012 4:21:11 PM

hey im only 12 years old and i really want to ask my crush out, but how? im only 12!!!! Please give me advice!

by kaeliestar on 3/3/2012 1:15:01 PM