Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 nab @skullcandy's Sport Performance Method in-ear headphones: http://t.co/ChJZpGm0F4

1 HOURS AGO TODAY! Happy #bookbirthday to Fairest, 4th in the amazing #LunarChronicles series from @marissa_meyer! Get it here: http://t.co/WH55htkZek

13 HOURS AGO #MomentOfTruth: Can you lose weight too fast? http://t.co/Co1TdPSRIE

COMMENTS

Fed up with being a "geek"

My friends and I are always made fun of for being good students...

I'm a geek cuz i role-play, and you know what, when pepole call me a geek I'm just like thanks! because geeks are smart! it's funny :3

by raven.y on 2/27/2012 3:42:12 AM

To the girl who wrote this, I know how you feel. I get mocked a lot at swim practice because I carry my backpack around at school with me, I keep a daily planner, and I wear my flashdrive on a lanyard around my neck. But don't worry, because the G&T people are the one's who really count right now, and then colleges in the future who will more than appreciate your hard work ethic. Keep your head up, and be confident with who you are!! (P.S. There are many guys out there who REALLY dig the smart and dorky type)
(P.S.S I absolutely adore and appreciate your fake name, "A+nnoyed". Insanely clever, BravoSmile

by alibaba on 2/25/2012 6:32:38 PM

That's so weird! At my school, you are well-liked if you get good grades! And next time people say you are geeky or anything, just laugh and play along! It makes them so mad, and it makes you less mad, so maybe they will stop! Haha, good luck! Smile

by mcw99 on 2/24/2012 9:13:43 PM

i wouldn't call urself a geek. its awesome that u hav good grades! keep up the good work!

by myfatsquirrel on 2/18/2012 9:40:04 PM

Hey I know how you feel I consider myself as a geek too. Here's what I have learned over the years u need to reject the status, these people are just jealous of who u r, and for that u should be proud.

by smith0507 on 2/11/2012 9:20:08 PM

u shouldnt care about what there saying!! there making fun of u because ur smart??? there probably just jealous! and wait tell they work for u hun! PAYBACK!

by Lena1229 on 2/10/2012 5:04:29 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I have always been in all honors classes and am gifted and sometimes get teased for being "too smart". Just try to persevere, ten years from now you will be much more successful than everyone else. Smile

by skigirl8 on 2/8/2012 9:21:50 PM

Hi girls -
I can give you advice about anything and everything!
i probably have been in your shoes before! about boyfriends, family , divorced parents, living situations, hair styles,feeling left out, goth/emo problems, sports, periods, ect.. i have given many girls advice before and i am willing to help you! please take a moment to visit my page and i can talk to you and help you. if you can't tell your parents or friends because they might judge you I can help you and won't tell a soul i'm here to help you! alright hope to hear from you ! Sarah1200

by sarah1200 on 2/5/2012 5:29:33 PM

hey girl don't beat yourself up about it. I'm also in the Gifted and Talented program. Like you, I also get called "geek" "nerd" and "miss know it all". I totally feel for you. How I deal with it is I take them all in as complements. (It actually helps a little!) ;)

by lalalinds on 2/5/2012 10:06:42 AM

Hey, don't feel bad about being a geek. In my opinion, a "geek" is a really awesome smart person. I consider myself geeky all the time. In fact there are a few books about girls who consider themselves as "geeky" or "dorky." There is also a Disney movie that just recently went on Disney channel called "Frenemies" and the website these two friends make is called Geekly Chic. So like I said, don't feel bad about being a geek!

by Egirl973 on 2/3/2012 1:34:24 AM