11 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

14 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

15 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Fed up with being a "geek"

My friends and I are always made fun of for being good students...

So my crush is a close friend of mine. I liked him last year, and I told him last year, but he told me that didn't like me back. We're still friends, but I still like him. His best girl friend keeps flirting with him. What should I do?

Hey babe,

He already told you he didn't like you "like that," so there's not much you can do to convince him otherwise. Personally, I'd stay friends (because if you're crushing on him, you like him as a person) while also trying to branch out so you meet new people. Sometimes even flirting won't force someone to like us - we've all gone through that disappointment. But even though it's a bummer, it doesn't mean it's the end of the world! Join a new club, hang out with your friends-of-friends, get a part time job, or catch up with old friends who could be potential new crushes. You can't talk yourself out of liking someone (because we can't control our emotions sometimes), but keep an open mind so you can move on!
Lauren C.

by fashion34 on 1/15/2012 11:31:25 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
I know this has nothing to do with story.But i'm at my Breaking Point.I can't get along with my dad for nothing.I can't stand him sometimes and he makes me so mad. Me and my mom get along fine but my dad is just grumpy and annoying and i feel sorry for my mom cause she has to deal with him till me and my brother are out of school.My parents aren;t even married.Like today i made cinnamon buns and he was complaining how i need to clean every spot.He bickers and bickers all the time.I don't even come out my room that much,I try to stay out with my friends as long as I can, and i actually don't want to leave school.And sometimes he doesn't understand the things that come out of his mouth he called me fat one day AND IM NOT EVEN FAT.Like seriously who would say that to their own child.I'm not really asking for help to fix my father, daughter relationship i'm just asking for what can help with stress and just passing through the day.
Sorry it was long.

Hey girlie,

I totally understand where you're coming from. Sometimes it isn't easy (or even possible) to get along with family members, which stinks but is a fact we have to deal with. But he doesn't have to stress you out or make you feel upset! It sounds like you're doing a great job of spending time away from him, using your friends, school, and alone time as distractions. Good! There are some times when you can't avoid him though, so remember to take deep breaths to calm down. Even when he's trying to agitate you, don't get into any arguments with him - it'll only make it worse. Be very nice and pleasant - almost sickeningly sweet. Respect him and keep calm. Then, when you feel like things are boiling up to your breaking point, excuse yourself and go into your room. Shut the door and take more deep breaths. Write down your feelings in your journal or listen to a song and sing LOUD. You'll get your frustrations out and recharge yourself so you can deal with it more. You can also use your brother as an ally - swap your stories with him and you can use each other to vent since you're going through this together. <3
Lauren C.

by jazzyrock2213 on 1/14/2012 11:14:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
How I can I start up a babysitting gig while being safe? And I'm home-schooled so no passing flyers in school. Thank-you so much!

Hey girlie,

Get your parents on board to help ya! Ask them to talk to friends, coworkers, neighbors, and distant family members who might need a babysitter. They can spread the word to adults they trust, which will keep things safe for you Smile
Lauren C.

by iluvmusic♥ on 1/14/2012 10:26:55 PM

Those people - ARE jealous!
Would you rather be known for being a good person, or be known as being a bad person?
In the long run, you and you're friend will become sucessfull in life, whereas those bullies just might become you're employies.

P.S. IF you MUST try to change their minds just a little have you and your friend do something DARING. Suprise them all!. But most of all, have FUN and LIVE your LIFE - the way YOU want to!

by AJWMusic246 on 1/14/2012 7:03:47 PM

I love being in the GT program! It's so much fun and I have some really good friends in there with me. But some of my friends who aren't in the GT classes with me found out when I registered that we would have possibly had classes together had I not gotten into GT and they said I should transfer out of it so that we could be together. Not that I didn't want to be with them, but GT is something that can help me stand out and get into a college and I don't know that they understand that, which is fine because going to college might not be something they want. But I would love to play softball for my college and my only way to get into college is on a scholarship and I'm working REALLY hard for an athletic/academic scholarship cuz it's the only way I can afford it. Being in GT isn't a bad thing and good grades are NOTHING to be ashamed of. Just remember that ur haters are ur biggest fans

by ParamoreRox13 on 1/14/2012 5:29:49 PM

Hey Doodle600, the way to overcome a fear is to face it. So make yourself sing in front of other people. You could start by performing for your mom and BFF, and then start auditioning for shows. Everyone gets a little nervous before performing, but you can't let those nerves ruin your performance. The more you practice, they better you will get. Good luck! Xoxo

Mod Mod Mod
At the moment, I can hear my sister practicing her audition piece for her next play. I really want to do a play, but I don't because I am too shy. It's really weird, because I am not a shy person at all. I will talk non-stop with my friends and family, and I have played solos on my flute in concerts, but singing. . . The only person I sing in front of is my sister--not even my BFF or my mom! I can sing, but I have a broken range, and I am just too scared too. I love to sing, dance, and act, but I don't think I could do it on the stage!I hate presenting in class and singing in front of people. How can I learn to be more bold? Lynae P.

by Doodle600 on 1/14/2012 4:30:38 PM

Hey MiNNi, if they were your real friends they wouldn't believe those rumors. The ones who are your true pals, will know you're happy for them and admire their intelligence. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
My friends are all really smart and they at all in my schools mentally gifted class. I feel stupid because they get srait A's while I would be lucky if I didn't get a C. They go on a trip every Friday and when they are gone, I have to sit by myself. People always ask if I miss them and I say no because they are only gone for one day. Then they say that I hate them and now people at school think it's true. Only 1 of my friends believe it because I always stay with her forever. What should I do? Lynae P.

by MiNNi101 on 1/14/2012 3:50:48 PM

Hey imposible2, the next time you guys are arguing just agree to disagree. Trade the arguing for flirting. Once he sees your softer behavior he'll start to get the hint. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD***
There's this guy that I like and I can't tell if he likes me, were kinda friends so I don't want to be too obvious in trying to get the point across, but we don't see eye to eye very much and we argue a lot so is there any way to get around this and maybe get to be BF/ GF? Lynae P.

by imposible2 on 1/14/2012 2:49:12 PM

OMG GIRL LIKE MY TOTES BFFZ 4EVEZ JUST SAID (girlygirl5202003) WE ARE ALL DIF CAUSE AVALON IS CHIC AND HALLE IS GEEK BUT THEYRE STILL BFFZ 4EVZ!!! OMGG I TOTES LUV U ALL!!1!11!!!!1!1!!1!111!
And bailtr , if you're so smart, why not type like it? Wow...

But to the OP, I feel for ya. Embrace you're smarticleness though! It comes in handy and impresses guys a lot more than bimbos. Smile

by belleoftheboulevard17 on 1/14/2012 2:24:31 PM

@LudaKrys i agree with u! i mean i'm like one of the smart people in my class and whenever i answer wrong they act the same way! i mean really, THEY don't know it ethier!

by sugar7410 on 1/14/2012 1:27:35 PM