AN HOUR AGO So, you wanna be team captain this year? Learn how to nab that top spot: http://t.co/PX9vcyHJ3w

2 HOURS AGO 2 tech cuties secure a @motrrmotrr Galileo robotic dock for iPhone/iPod Touch: http://t.co/myxUcmZB6N

3 HOURS AGO The best headphones to rock at the gym: http://t.co/1VEs3uhAWj

COMMENTS

Fed up with being a "geek"

My friends and I are always made fun of for being good students...

MOD! I have had glasses since I was in 4th grade and I have never wore them cause the eye doctor made me choose from the kids case and the adults ones fit :/ while I was wondering now that im going to the eye doctor..how can i talk my mom into letting me get contacts? and I have to go to the dentist what 2 color of braces look good on someone with brown hair green/hazel/brown eyes and is 13...THANKS!<3

Hey girl,

Just make a good argument and say "Mom I've had glasses since I'm 13 and I think I'm responsible enough to start wearing contact lenses." In terms of the braces colors, I don't think you can really go wrong- I would just pick your two fave colors!

Kathryn S.

by mtf1998 on 1/13/2012 9:23:27 AM

I am in that same situation. I get straight As, I always make it into music programs (that's my PASSION!) and I'm in the higher group for dance. But, people take these things the wrong way and get jealous. All of my classmates, have talked about me behind my back, and I'm pretty sure my bestie has, too. But, you know what? Who cares?! They can say what they want, but if you're nice to them, they'll regret what they said about you. Keep that head up high and be proud of your accomplishments! Don't let words bring you down Smile

by cub122506 on 1/13/2012 6:16:36 AM

Damn I don't get why people do make fun of smart students. They must feel bad about themselves. I wish I was a genius. Tong lol.

by Chloe<3 on 1/12/2012 10:48:12 PM

Wow, I'm in the exact same situation- my GT group is always called snotty....wow, this article really makes me feel better!

by rachelrox123 on 1/12/2012 9:48:31 PM

Don't worry about them. You are who you are and that's what they gotta live with. One day all that smartness you have will come back in life and they will be amazed at the amazing, smart, and talented person you are. Keep up the good work!

by Bubbles xD on 1/12/2012 9:04:45 PM

MOD
So (this is an addition to my last post because of the 1000 limit) I want Jordan back as my Best Friend. But we hav barely talked since the breakup and his friends are jerks to me. They all hate me and yell at me when I walk past and whenever I say "hi" to Jordan they tell me he hates me. I stopped saying hi. Jordan got upset. He wanted to know why we didn't talk. I didnt answer. he is being a jerk to my BFF (his xgf too)and tells her that everyone hates her. I called him and yelled at him cuz tht rlly hurt her. He was confused and said tht he never meant to hurt me. I called him a jerk and he asked why so i told him about how he always treated me that way. He said he would never hurt me. But he did. Again and again. What bothers me the most is that peopl say Jordan broke up with me was because of Brody (my bf) liking me. I am confused and kinda mad at Brody for this because i miss Jordan!! What is going thru Jordan's head right now??

And continued... you can't judge Jordan based on his friends. And you also can't judge the breakup based on what OTHER people say about it. You gotta go straight to Jordan. If you wanna be friends again, try talking to him one-on-one - online, via text, catch him with none of his friends around, etc. Just let him know that you do want to be friends and you'd love to start fresh. (Although the fact that he was being a jerk to your bestie is kinda a deal breaker for me...) He sounds like he's making excuses and you are too, blaming that breakup on the fact that Brody liked you. Jordan sounds like HE doesn't know what he wants either and is trying to cover his tracks, blaming all the hurtful things he does on other things. Like I said on your last post, take some time to seriously think about this stuff before rushing into anything!
Lauren C.

by enhorselover101 on 1/12/2012 8:05:45 PM

MOD
I am so confused!!! I have a bf (Brody) and I kinda like him. It's a little awkward because he hits on every girl and I don't really know why he asked ME out! What bothers me is that my ex-bf (Jordan) dumped me and I dont know why! People tell me it was because Brody liked me and some how convinced him to tell me that we were through. I like Jordan a lot still (maybe even a little more than I like Brody!) but I still love Brody. But then there is this guy who I talk to day and night who goes to our rival school (Kyle). I know for a fact that he likes me and I like him too. I am so confused because I want Jordan back, I dont want to break up with Brody because I dont want to hurt him, and I want to be with Kyle but i hav only ever txtd him. I would never be able to hang out with Kyle either!

Ooooh girl... you gotta make some decisions here! First of all, consider the fact that Jordan dumped you. It doesn't matter why - he decided he wanted to let you go, which is crazy. Plus, you don't know if you could have a CHANCE of getting back together if you broke up with Brody, so you have to ask yourself: is it worth the risk? Either way, the fact is... you can do better! So keep that in mind. Next, think about Brody. If he's your BF, he really shouldn't be hitting on other girls. Does he treat you well and do you talk/hang out a lot? Do you feel a connection that makes you happy? Consider your relationship with him and if it's what you want. Thinking about Jordan and Kyle while you're Brody's GF... doesn't seem like a good sign. Personally, if I was this confused, I'd probably take some time to be single. That way, I could really consider what I wanted and figure out what to do!
Lauren C.

by enhorselover101 on 1/12/2012 8:00:52 PM

I have straight A+'s and I am actually really popular! I may not be in the Gifted program, but i have had gradeslike this since Kindergarden. I'm sorry, but the people annoying you will be loser with no life, yelling at their mom to make them Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets! Hope this helps u!

by Singeratheart on 1/12/2012 6:54:58 PM

I personally would take this as a compliment, but it could be becasue I'm a nerdfighter <3 ;)

by babygirlilla on 1/12/2012 6:49:59 PM

Hey Ladies! Do you need advice? I would love to give you some! I will answer any questions, or just talk to you when you are sad. I can give you advice about friends, guys, family, food, sports, school,growing up, or even yourself! I would be absolutely happy to help! I will give you an honest answer ASAP, and hun, nothing is too personal so don't be afraid!Thank you(: ( Oh, and BTW, The four tags I have aren't just the things you can ask me about. Those are just ideas!)

by gracieb123 on 1/12/2012 4:33:24 PM