11 HOURS AGO Get a lil mysterious with 4 non-verbal flirting tricks: http://t.co/NbbiVk3aZP

14 HOURS AGO 5 #DIY options for your Thanksgiving table centerpiece: http://t.co/NS6hhu9ckR

15 HOURS AGO 5 Xmas smoothies that prove holiday treats CAN be healthy: http://t.co/YDVZvghmQg

COMMENTS

Fed up with being a "geek"

My friends and I are always made fun of for being good students...

Don't worry about it too much. One day you'll be well off and most of the kids who made fun of you will likely still be living in their parents' basements.

by [reinventlove]♥ on 1/12/2012 12:53:46 PM

i'm smart and get strait straight a's. no one bothers me... all my friends are awesome nerds too. i actually don't care if people call me a nerd. Smile

by amileofroses on 1/11/2012 10:56:32 PM

Don't worry! Someday you'll be living in a big old city and all they're ever gonna be is MEAN! Also, us geeks are WAAAAAY cooler than other snobs Smile

by naedog1227 on 1/11/2012 8:31:14 PM

The people making fun of you arent going to get into college for being stupid :p

by winzers22 on 1/11/2012 7:26:23 PM

paris_mi4 im 4'9" and 13

by winzers22 on 1/11/2012 7:24:35 PM

Don't worry! I used to get made fun of for being a geek, because I had glasses and had super short hair that DID NOT look good with my glasses; I also got straight A's. Before I came to this school for "geeks" (you have to pass a test to get in) I took a test for the highly capable program in fourth grade and passed, but then I changed to the testing school. After that, I ditched my glasses and got contacts and grew my hair out in a stylish fashion. Now, I don't get made fun of because everyone at my school are nerds Smile

by echri12 on 1/11/2012 3:16:34 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
Im 14 and really sensitive about my size i'm 5'2 is that normal???

Hey girly! It is okay to be conscious of your size. Every girl has some insecurities but there is nothing to obsess about. You are fine the way that you are and should not let others influence how you think of yourself. If you really want to feel better try working out and eating right, the healthy way.
Ana D.

by paris_mi4 on 1/11/2012 7:29:10 AM

I'm a straight A student and proud. Just remember you are who you are.

by katgrace11 on 1/10/2012 8:09:38 PM

Being a geek isn't a bad thing, (just check out my club below Tong), so embrace it! Play it up with geek chic glasses and adorable high waist-ed sailor shorts with a tucked in flowery tank. But laugh and don't talk about grades or the like.

by svds on 1/10/2012 8:07:47 PM

Hey! I so know how you feel! I'm also in the gifted program, and me and my friends get the top grades too. We don't brag, but in my school, the other kids think that we are also snobby, and it's sort of a segregation between us. People have called me a geek and nerd before, and more commonly, "giftie." I take these comments with grace, and smile, and walk away. I usually speak what I'm saying, and get to know some of them better. There's always one student that isn't like others, calling you a nerd. So try to scope out those people, and befriend them, and just slowly get to know the other people and soon, they will accept you like nothing happened. What I did was with my friends, ask them if I could play soccer (my best sport) with them, and we dominated them, and they totally respect us now, and we all get along.

by Qwertypus on 1/10/2012 6:31:14 PM