5 HOURS AGO 5 steps to follow in a friend fight: http://t.co/kh28xT5dTJ

7 HOURS AGO Magical school dance moments we heart from movies: http://t.co/B8F8A0Ukhs

7 HOURS AGO How to kick that your horrible nail biting habit for good: http://t.co/JqjwhgZWxM

COMMENTS

Fed up with being a "geek"

My friends and I are always made fun of for being good students...

I am a straight A student and I like my teacher a lot but some kids call me a teachers pet. I know that I really shouldn't care 'cause they're just some random kids in my class but sometimes I think that I might really be a teachers pet. I don't want to be a teachers pet.

by 53781 on 1/10/2012 6:24:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I think I might be sending the wrong signals to my crush. I'm really shy but not when I'm around my friends or family. But when I'm with my crush I can't even cough up a word. And when I look at my crush and he looks back I turn away, but I'm worried that he thinks I don't like him. Oh, and he also is "dating" someone I know. What should I do?

Well any boy whos taken is not something you should be messing with. It will just lead to heartbreak for most of the people involved. also start with small things like holding his gaze for a bit longer when he looks at you. Small steps will get you to stop being so shy and work up the nerve to talk to him. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by cloudyday on 1/10/2012 6:09:37 PM

Well, I'm fed up with being in the "dumb" class. We have the same classes as the other class except they have Honers Algebra and we have regular Algebra. Even teachers have called our class dumb. I know I could be in Honers because I have like a 95 in math, but I just didn't want all the stress! It's very annoying to always be called stupid and dumb when you know you aren't. Also the other class thinks they are so much better than us and I have higher grades than most of them. I'm not saying that people in Honers or Gifted programs are all snobs. If you spent a day at my school you would see that mostly everyone is a snob...even if they aren't in Honers.

by Georgie 4 on 1/10/2012 5:20:28 PM

MOD
Ok i have 3 probs
1: My sister does not do well in school so when my mom talks to her about it she heas suicidal thoughts and cuts herself then she lies and says its cat scratches.
2: I turn 11 and I'm not as little as i was before i just feel diffrent and how can i tell my mom im ready to give up baby things.
3: I get money a lot and save.My mom and dad ask for money and when they pay me back i get more then i need so i have a lot of money. I want a phone since it's my money but how do i tell my mom that and my dad my dad gets mad easily with a wrong anwser that i give him
HELP HELP HELP!

1. I would talk to your mom about this issue and let her know whats up. Telling a trusted adult will help you figure out what to do. 2. Just bring it up to your mom! Tell her specific baby things you dont like and i'm sure she will listen. 3. Just bring it up casually. Ask what they would think about you having a phone. Then go from there. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by fashionguru6 on 1/10/2012 5:13:08 PM

Um I don't think she meant that at all, author of this article. She seemed to want advice on how to make them STOP. I've been in her place before. None of what you suggested will probably help. There's nothing wrong with anyone but the kids who are making fun of her. They are just jealous, though. But personally, some advice to whoever asked this: don't take being called a nerd or geek as an insult. No one calls an idiot a nerd or a geek. If you're called one of those, obviously you're smart, which is more important than being "popular" or having tons of friends, particularly ones who make fun of you for being smart. Stick with your friends who don't make fun of you.

by HogwartsStudent on 1/10/2012 4:34:46 PM

first of all i think she meant how can i get them to stop making fun of me second it sounds like there blaming it on her for not trying to make friends maybe she tried and they made fun of here which sucks

by sparkle and shop on 1/10/2012 3:23:52 PM

Okay, so my friends always tell secrets right in front of me then talk about them for days and won't tell me what they're talking about. I have never told anyone's secrets before, and I don't understand how they could be so rude. Is there anything I can do or say? Thank you!

Hey girly,

You need to let your friends know how you feel. They are totally not respecting you and you need to calmly tell them this and give them a chance to fix it.

Catie C.

by Fly1213 on 1/10/2012 3:20:00 PM

Ugh... I know how that feels Frown Once I was reading vampire diaries with my friends and some guys called us geeks just because it was a big book!

Hey girls! This is Kayla9, and I wanted to let you know that I give advice on:
-Making money
-Health
-Books and writing
-Feeling good
-Decorating
-Baking and cooking
And anything you can possibly think of!!! Just comment on my profile and I will get back to you ASAP.
XOXO, Kayla

by kayla9 on 1/10/2012 2:03:38 PM

This is the same situation, however we're not all in the same classes and some of us like performing etc..

Yesterday we got called "geeks" for discussing paradox's. Seriously, what's wrong with talking about a paradox?

by xaddalyn on 1/10/2012 12:06:51 PM

You really shouldn't worry! Either you can ignore them or, if you want to be friends, show them that you're just a normal chick!
I was bullied for years because I was smart. I decided not to change myself, and now I have a bunch of cool friends, my grades are good, and I have the time of my life!

It'll all work out!