7 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

8 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

9 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

60-Second hair we heart: Looped-under ponytail

Expert tips on landing a posh pony.

Ok so, I've won a gold key from a national, prestigious art competition. I have to go tho a Banquet and an awards ceremony at a really good art college, and I don't know what to wear. I'm going shopping this weekend and my style is very classy,bohemian, chic, lets just say I get way too much In Style Magazine, I want to look good and artsy, and metropolitan, but HOW!!!??? THX FOR THE HELP!!!!!
<3 maggiemay1703

Hey fashionista!

Seems like it might be the time to whip out a LBD (or LWD) and a colorful accessory, to go with your classy style. Dressy pants and a chic top is also a great option. Hope that helps!

Krupali D.

by maggiemay1703 on 1/20/2012 9:45:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have thin hair, and I can never use a bobby pin! They are always loose and not secure, even if I use two! They never stay no matter what hair style!Do you have any tricks or other products I can use? Thank you!

by mrs.mellark87 on 1/19/2012 9:00:53 AM

Not my favorite GL article....

by stylishlyflauntingit on 1/16/2012 4:26:24 PM

Hey girls,
Need advice on anything? Visit my club, kkgirl4life, and I'll answer you as fast as I can Smile
xoxo-kkgirl4life

by kkgirl4life on 1/16/2012 3:03:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So this summer, I want to get a perm. (To curl my hair?) Because I've been living with dark, pin-straight hair my entire life and I just want a change. Are perms healthy? If not, what are some other ways to get my hair curly? (And curling it with a curling iron will NOT work... my hair just becomes straight again in 10 minutes!!!) Also, I always wear my hair down, because I don't like it when it's in a pony-tail. Are there some cute hairstyles that don't require having my hair in a ponytail? Thanks! (Sorry this was so long!)

Hey girlie,

I have super straight hair too so I TOTALLY understand wanting curls, but perms? They are NOT healthy, girl. They're actually the opposite: they put a lot of stress on your hair and really damage it. Plus, perms are permanent. There's no deciding you made a mistake and want your old hair back: there's no way to mix it up until it totally grows out again. Personally, I've embraced my straight hair and all the fun styles we can do with straight hair that curly-haired girls can't! Check out the following series of articles with hairdos and give some of them a try. There are so many ways to mix up your look, like new styles, bangs, layers, headbands, etc. Don't do something so damaging and permanent!

Lauren C.

by cupcakesrkewl123 on 1/15/2012 11:40:43 AM

Mod Mod Mod
So, whenever i take a shower my hair gets frizzy and has kinky curls which i HATE!!! I've been using my Aunt's super amazing straightener but today I can't use it and I have to use the one i have and it is probably the worst, cheap hair straightener ever. It get's most of the curls out but remains semi-frizzy. My cousin is sending me a good straightener but it's coming from Europe & will probably get here in a few weeks, but I don't know what to do in the meantime and I need to use it tonight, also. Is there any tips to getting hair super straight without and products & just using a cheap straightener? Thanks!

Hey babe,

We have lots of hair tips to squash frizz, smooth hair, and make styling a breeze. But since your hair is SUPER frizzy/curly, you might wanna call your hairdresser. Ask them if they recommend a certain frizz-control oil or cream. You could also go to the drugstore and take a look at what they have on your own. If you have a trusted brand (I love Garnier Fructis for my own hair), see what options they offer! Personally, I'd probably use these couple weeks as a way to mix things up - let your hair go natural or slightly curly (by using these less powerful straighteners), with the help of some hair products to smooth things over Smile Good luck being patient for that straightener to arrive!
Lauren C.

by teamjacob3236 on 1/12/2012 11:55:22 PM

I do this already Smile

by Chloe<3 on 1/12/2012 10:39:57 PM

Hey Girlies! Love to write songs? Then join my club 'Sassy Songwriters'! It's a great club for songwriters to hang out and share their ideas! Also come to get advice, feedback on Ur songs, and just to have a good time with other songwriters! I would love to see U there!(:
XoXo<3
Madi(: (Prez of 'Sassy Songwriters')

by *MusicGirl16* on 1/12/2012 6:40:31 PM

ohh ive done that before

by koohuh on 1/12/2012 6:36:56 PM

Hey! I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail too much lately and now my hair is really damaged. It is dry, frizzy, and some strands are breaking. I'm trying to wear it down more, but whenever I wear it down, I have to straighten it or it looks terrible. What can do to fix my damaged hair?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Definitely start by conditioning your hair after shampooing during every shower. Try using a deep conditioner twice a week to really get moisture back into your hair. (They're designed for you to leave them in longer, then rinse out so they have more time to moisturize.) Avoid putting your hair in ponytails and, instead, wear it long! Also avoid using hair dryers, straighteners, curling irons, etc...anything that would put extra stress on your hair. Lastly, don't brush it while it's wet - it can cause more breakage. Treat it well and it'll heal itself as it grows out!
Lauren C.