5 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

8 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

9 HOURS AGO What would you do if your mom blogged all of your private (& majorly embarrassing) moments for the world to see? http://t.co/CFJM3Sv1B4

COMMENTS

Not feelin' so hot? Turn up the tunes

Research shows that music might just make pain disappear…

MOD MOD MOD!!
So lately I've been having scary chronic migraines where the whole left side of my body goes numb, I drink lots of water and i never skip meals, do you know what is causing them?

hey! well i know migranes can sometimes be genetic, so like if your mom or dad gets them you might too. the only way to know for sure though is to ask a doctor. sorry I can't help more!

Helen S.

by taytaychicken331 on 8/27/2012 7:04:53 PM

Music makes me feel better no matter what.

by soccerbabe3 on 4/13/2012 3:30:45 PM

is it safe to draw on ur arm or body with nontoxic pen? i want to but my parents said not to.

Hey girl,

You really can only get ink poisoning if the pen's ink gets into your bloodstream or if you eat it. But honestly, why risk it? If you have a little cut and it gets into it, it could really mess you up. Your pores will absorb oils from the ink though and that could cause breakouts! Personally, I'd avoid it and doodle on paper instead Smile
Lauren C.

by beaglegal on 2/10/2012 9:25:10 PM

why does it take like a week or more for coments to show???

by casserdiddle on 1/30/2012 8:48:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I dont know what's going on. I'm starting to not talk to my friends as much, I'm feeling more angry and sad ALL the time, and I am tired a lot. My friends say I'm depressed but isn't depressed like, a million times that? I'm starting to think they're right, because today I barely said anything. This is different than PMS, and I ended a week ago so it can't be that. I don't want to tell my mom because she always twists it into making me feel worse and more dumb than I already am. I tell me dad, but he lives far away. Maybe it has to do with the guy I think Im in love with, but we're just BFF's that flirt with each other and now I don't get to see him very often. I don't know what to do, and I want it to go away ):

Hey girl,

We all go through phases where we feel like we're in a "funk" and don't feel like ourselves. We might feel moody, we might lose interest in people or things we love, we might feel sad or frustrated. Whatever it is, don't hold it in! Try talking to your friends about how you feel. If they aren't great to talk to, try talking to a trusted teacher or school counselor. They're really good at helping you talk about your problems, work through them, and make yourself feel better <3 And don't think that your problems aren't "big" enough to talk to other people about them. If they're making you feel bad, they're important to clear up!
Lauren C.

by randomducky on 1/27/2012 9:53:21 PM

Hey hermoinelover, well the average weight for a girl your height and age is between 111 and 128 pounds, so you're fine girl. Everyone's bod is going to be different, so instead of trying to achieve a certain number someone said you should, be comfortable in your own bod. Own all the physical things that make you you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD!
i dont want u to just say " oh go to the doctors and talk about this" if i could go to the doctors i would but im here to talk to u, im feeling really fat lately, i am 5 foot 3,12 years old and i weigh 115 almost 120 pounds. i have been feeling so self conscience that i have not been eating as much but am i really overweight? Lynae P.

by hermionelover on 1/20/2012 6:02:37 PM

I listen to Taylor Swift every time I break up with a guy... Somehow, listening to her dissing guys makes me feel better. (Plus, I sometimes put the guy's name in when I sing along.)

by samstitute on 1/17/2012 7:25:17 PM

I always listen to music ;)

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 1/16/2012 7:52:35 PM

Hey girls,
Need advice on anything? Visit my club, kkgirl4life, and I'll answer you as fast as I can Smile
xoxo-kkgirl4life

by kkgirl4life on 1/16/2012 3:04:13 PM

Yeah! Go MP3 players!

by New_York_City on 1/16/2012 11:34:41 AM

Music = Life <3

by LilyHannah Love on 1/15/2012 8:12:49 PM

MUSIC IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by lgraciarod on 1/15/2012 12:39:16 PM

I listen to music when I go to the doctor! I'm deathly afraid of needles, veins, even my own heart beat, so when I have to get blood taken or a shot, I just bring my iPod and turn it all the way up while the nurse does her job.

by beaniebag12 on 1/14/2012 8:10:17 PM

Hello people! Myself and many other people all ready do that!Smile

by LudaKrys on 1/14/2012 5:38:25 PM

by krazykotabug on 1/14/2012 1:36:22 PM

I definetly can not live without music. It's done a lot of good in my life. If it wasn't for music I woulf have never joined band, then I would have never have met my bf, & idk what I would do without him. Wink <3

by CMTerrific3 on 1/14/2012 8:40:56 AM

Life without music is nothing. <3

by 98Snickers on 1/13/2012 8:30:16 PM

Hey novlist1307, nope it's not bad for your body at all. In fact is purpose is to bring pleasure to oneself. If you're not comfortable talking to your friend about it, then let her know. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I need help. I have a friend who masturbates. She claims it's no big deal. Is it bad for your body? Or is it just a bad habit? What should I tell her? I don't know how to handle it, and I really don't want to bring it up to my mom or hers. Please help.
Thanks!
<3 Lynae P.

by novlist1307 on 1/13/2012 8:26:39 PM

Hey cornpie21, you could try using fabric softener on your clothes. There's a lavender scent from Downy that comes in a purple bottle and smells great. Make sure your perfume says eau de parfum instead of eau de toillete, because the parfum is a little stronger and lasts longer. The fragarences from body mists won't last at all. Spray the perfume on each sides of your neck and do a squirt on the back of your wrists. Bring cold bottles of water to class to keep you from getting so hot. Try to wear lightweight clothing to stay cool also. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
It's REALLY hot in our school. Some oft he rooms are moderate temperature, but some are like 80 degrees. I think its because of th heating system--it messes up a lot. The people who work there say that there is no way to fix it, some rooms are hotter than others. Well, because of this, i have a little problem. I smell. Like sweat. I'ts not fair. I use deodorant and perfume and i change my shirt for gym all the time! I take a shower every night, but i always seem to have pit stains and smell bad. Is there anything i can use to stop the sweating (besides a better deoderant?) Lynae P.

by cornpie21 on 1/13/2012 6:52:28 PM

Hey way2qt4u, I had a sitch like this with one of my besties too. I told our other friends about this date she had gone on, and I didn't know she didn't want me to tell them. I apologized to her and vowed to never tell something like that again. So let her know you're sorry, you made a mistake and won't happen again. Since she isn't talking to you may have to send her a text, email or voicemail. Hope this helps! Xoxo

My best friend found out that I told my other best friend who she liked and my other best friend is mocking her and blaming me for everything. I feel terrible and now she won't talk to me. I broke a promise and now I'm sure she hates me. Please help I think she is never going to forgive me. What should I say to?? please help me!!!!
Thanks
Sarah Lynae P.

by way2qt4u on 1/13/2012 6:52:26 PM

Hey fanpire1, check out this website for some cute shoes. http://www.barefoottess.com/ hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMOD!!! I have huge feet 12-13 in women do you know any place i can get cute shoes for a dance and even everyday cute shoes im sick of living a life of guy shoes and old lady shoes!!! Ahhh! Lynae P.

by fanpire1 on 1/13/2012 4:48:06 PM

I am going to the Dominican Rebulic in 11 days and I realized I am supposed to get my period the day that we leave! I'll be with my parents and my best friend and her family. I am not going to mention it to anyone because I'd never hear the end of it if I did. How am I supposed to deal with my period there? I have tampons and pads and I usually have a light/regular tampon and a pantyliner combined. But in the Dominican we will be in the water a lot. Thanks!!

Hey girl,

If you usually combine the tampons and pantyliners, maybe you should try a more absorbent tampon for the water because you can't really wear a pantyliner in your bathing suit without it being noticeable. Make sure you change your tampon as often as you feel is necessary to avoid leakage.

Kathryn S.

by Aislinn120 on 1/13/2012 3:09:56 PM

this is totally accurate! I tore my MCL on wednesday skiing and I listen to music all the time. It made me forget the pain, thank god ! c:

by livi23 on 1/13/2012 8:53:05 AM

Hey I'm new to girlslife.com and don't really
Know how to mod, but I think it's in comments, so sorry if I'm not doing it the right way.
Modmodmod!!!! Well my mom won't let me shave my legs even though I REALLY need to.
I know I'm only 12 and she might be saying no cause of that,
But I really need to shave my legs. What should I do to convince her to let me?

Hey babe,

Try approaching it like this! Don't tell her "but all the other girls are shaving!" Instead, say something like, "Hey Mom? I know you said no before, but I really want to start shaving so I wanted to ask again. You might be worried because I'm only 12, but I really feel mature enough to commit to this. I'll shave often, do it right with shave gel so I don't cut myself, etc. I just feel insecure about having so much hair and know I'll feel more confident if I can take care of it. Please?" Be mature and calm about it! She started shaving once too, so she's not gonna be totally confused as to why you'd wanna start. Keep bringing it up and being honest about why you wanna start <3 She'll see your side if you stay persistent!
Lauren C.

by LilMissAmazing on 1/12/2012 10:33:07 PM

...music is my life....besides god....i knew music was good for something besides making a fool of myself with

by jessicalynn632 on 1/12/2012 8:20:42 PM

@scgogirl, that is interesting. Usually, people will start their periods about a year and a half after they start discharging, and about 2-3 years after their breasts start developing. Maybe it's the amount of activity you do, because a lot of exercise can delay or even stop your period for a while. Although the hereditary part is important, you may not be like your mom. You could be like your grandmother, or your aunt. My sister got her period when she was 10, I got mine when I was 14. I cannot tell you when you will start, but I can tell you that it seems like soon, and the day before you do, you will have MAJOR CRAMPS, and maybe a brown discharge in your panties. I suggest wearing a pantyliner at least, just in case it happens unexpectedly. I hope this helps!

<3 Kaya Marie

by kayah723 on 1/12/2012 8:18:58 PM

I already knew that music made shocks less painful, I discovered that last year when I hurt my knee. My therapist had to shock my quads to wake them up and when I listened to music it hurt less.

by catlover26 on 1/12/2012 7:14:07 PM

Hey Girlies! Love to write songs? Then join my club 'Sassy Songwriters'! It's a great club for songwriters to hang out and share their ideas! Also come to get advice, feedback on Ur songs, and just to have a good time with other songwriters! I would love to see U there!(:
XoXo<3
Madi(: (Prez of 'Sassy Songwriters')

by *MusicGirl16* on 1/12/2012 6:45:41 PM

Hey Ladies! Do you need advice? I would love to give you some! I will answer any questions, or just talk to you when you are sad. I can give you advice about friends, guys, family, food, sports, school,growing up, or even yourself! I would be absolutely happy to help! I will give you an honest answer ASAP, and hun, nothing is too personal so don't be afraid!Thank you(: ( Oh, and BTW, The four tags I have aren't just the things you can ask me about. Those are just ideas!)

by gracieb123 on 1/12/2012 4:31:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD !!
So yesterday was my birthday, and my boyfriend got me an amazing gift he got me a really expensive perfume set ! That is more than 70 bucks or so ! BTW : He is 16 and i'm 15. Anyway his birthday is in another 2 weeks, and i really wanna get him something ! But i don't know what to get him ! I have a range up to 50 bucks so i wanna get him something cool, but i don't wanna look cheap, maybe something personalized with our names or something? Plzz give me a gift idea and thxx a bunch XoXo <3

Hey girly,

Try thinking really hard about a really special moment that you both spent together. It could be your first date, or a fun night you spent together or something like that. Then try to see if there is a piece of that night that you can give him to help him remember. It's totally romantic and he will love it.

Catie C.

by rolapa on 1/12/2012 8:41:24 AM

I am wondering when you think i will get my period. not to be rude but please do not say like 'only time will tell' thanks.

-i am 13

-i am in 8th grade

-practically all of my friends have theirs

-i am 5ft 5in

-i am 100lbs

-i am bloating

-i have pubic (1.5yrs) underarm (6mo) and leg hair

-i am size 36A and have had boobs for 4yrs

-had heavy discharge for 2 yrs

-had on and off everyday lower stomach pains for 4mo

-had headaches

-sometimes feel nauseous

- my mom got hers when she was 11

-i am active

-i sometimes feel light headed and dizzy

by scgogirl on 1/11/2012 10:09:10 PM

I feel like music is the answer to everything.

by michipie205 on 1/11/2012 7:28:40 PM

Hey Drosedogg, I'm not sure why all the mags are taking so long to get to you girls. Im checking on it right now. I should have an answer for you guys soon. Soooo sorry about that! Xoxo

Mod mod mod
Where is my feb march mag am I supposed to already have it? Thanks drosedogg Lynae P.

by Drosedogg on 1/11/2012 6:37:40 PM

Music is my therapy <3

by Dawnstar on 1/11/2012 6:04:08 PM

Hey wakeboardchick7, yea that does sound like something hard to deal with. Just remember that this is being done for your friends benefit. So after all this she will be happy and healthy and a greater friend to you. And just think it could be worse. It could've been years before you could talk to her again but is only 15 days and 6 months. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Okay, so yesterday I found out that my friend had been transfered to a girls boarding house for girls with behavioral issues. I can't talk to her for 15 days, and when that 15 days is over, her 6 month-minimum starts. Taking this in has been really hard and I was wondering how to cope with this? Do you have any tips for me to not worry about her, and how to cope? Please help! Thanks!
XOXO
Madie Lynae P.

by wakeboardchick7 on 1/11/2012 5:34:29 PM

yes I agree with svds, we teens have always gone to music to soothe our pains.

by beachgirl324 on 1/11/2012 2:02:22 PM

Well... duh. Of course music soothes pain. And they are JUST figuring this out? Smile Speaking of check ups when I have to get shots I always listen to the song "Stronger" by Kanye West. Ya know, because getting shots makes you internally stronger? lol.

by MadiBoo:) on 1/11/2012 12:18:37 PM

I listen to music no matter what! I don't know how I would live without my radio or iPod. Smile

by emonkey4 on 1/10/2012 8:23:14 PM

Well....DUH!! Scientists may have JUST figured it out, but all teenagers already do that.

by svds on 1/10/2012 8:15:58 PM

-Making money
-Health
-Books and writing
-Feeling good
-Decorating
-Baking and cooking
And anything you can possibly think of!!! Just comment on my profile and I will get back to you ASAP.
XOXO, Kayla

by kayla9 on 1/10/2012 7:59:53 PM

I always listen to music if I'm not feeling so great.

by supersingershannon on 1/10/2012 6:47:02 PM