1 HOURS AGO DC/MD/VA girls: You're invited! Join GL + @DCWax for @ZacEfron's *VIP* figure reveal bash:

2 HOURS AGO Asking your man out this weekend? Check out these flirty and fun convo starters:

3 HOURS AGO #GIVEAWAY: 5 score a touchdown in an NFL half-zip track jacket from @Kohls:

Dear Carol: My mom says I'm too young to date

I am 11, and my mother says I am way too young to date. It’s not like I even know any boys, but still my mother and...

your parents are just trying to watch out for you.
I think your parents are right you are a little to young.
I know people who went out who were 11 or younger.

by rachel5678 on 7/15/2012 5:46:50 PM

your parents are just trying to watch out for you.
I think your parents are right you are a little to young.
I know people who went out who were 11 or younger.

by rachel5678 on 7/15/2012 5:45:14 PM

I am 11.5 years old my parents said i'm to old to date. i've already hd 4 guys ask me out. what should i do? i wanted to say yes but i didn't.

Hey girl,

you should probably listen to your parents. They really do have your best interests at heart! There will be plenty of time to date when you're older, so focus on your friends and school for now!

Meghan D.

by sparkels on 6/8/2012 6:15:38 PM

Well If I am too young to start dating at 13 almost 14, you are WAY too young to start dating at like 11 years old!!

by naomi:) on 3/23/2012 4:54:45 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
I am in the same situation. It's been 2 years since I met my boyfriend. Before you say but you have a boyfriend let me say my parents don't know about us. I am terrified to talk to my dad about it cuz if he found out he would never let me out of his sight til I move out. My mom wants me to wait til I am 16 to date. I want to tell them but they are way over protective. What do I do? His mom found out but was fine with it.

Hey! because you waited so long to tell your parents, you have to accept that if you tell them now they might be mad. You just have to decide whether it would be worth it to you at this point

Helen S.

by RockInMe on 3/2/2012 8:39:05 PM

my parents won't let me date until i'm 15. i think that's actually pretty reasonable. : )

by iloveballet&singing on 2/27/2012 5:27:49 PM

I'm 14 about to turn 15 in July and I am also in the 8th grade. My parents do not approve of me having a boyfriend at my age and they say that my attention needs to be focused on my school work. I tried the whole dating thing a few years ago and nothing worked out in my favor.. and I lost nothing but my parents trust and respect. But I feel like I can maintain my grades and a boyfried at the same time now. My friend Matt who is a junior in high school had asked me if I would go out with him a while back. I told him that I wasn't allowed to date and that I was terribly sorry. Well the subject came up today and I really like him and I don't want to tell him no.. But I don't want to cause a conflict between my parents and I. I feel like I can handle this but.. My parents more then likely will look at me like I have 3 heads if I ask them for their permission. What do you suggest I do?

by syxela79 on 2/18/2012 12:54:08 AM

Mod! Mod! Mod! Im 12.5 years old and my mom wont let me date until im in highschool! not tht a guy has ever asked me out but just in case i wish she was ok with it. help!

I wouldnt worry about that. Give it time, youll be ready to date once youre actually in high school. For now just let it be Smile xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by swimminchica on 2/14/2012 8:39:41 PM

ask urself a q whats mom gonna do to me? thats what i asked myself and really she cant do anything about who u date its ur life i mean i should know i had the same prob and well lets just say my life=AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! so just date the guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats she gonna do walk strait up to ur bf and wrestle him????????????? yeah right Smile

by dawnya on 2/1/2012 8:29:19 PM

Hey I'm 11 too and at my school there's TONS of couples. I understand where your comeing from because I'm at that stage too. If I were you I would have that talk with mom or dad when you get asked out of you ask a boy out. If you do that before they'll think you're up to something. And if they still say no, theres nothing wrong having him come over to meet your parents! It wouldn't even count as a date. It's just a get together. If they still say no then respect their desisions.

by karli831 on 1/30/2012 7:43:54 PM

Do you watch movies online?

*Win* a trip to meet R5's Rydel Lynch!