12 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

16 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

17 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

My mom says I'm too young to date!

But I'm ready now! Can I change her mind?

Hey LoveU4Life, mhmm introducing them to someone you might change their mind. If they meet the guy you like in person, they'll see how great he is and change their minds. You could invite him and maybe even his parents over for dinner. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD!
Hi I'm 15 (going on 16 in a few months) and I really like this guy who is shy, cute and a bit nerdy (which I like). But the thing is my parents won't allow me to date till i'm out of college!! I don't want to be in my mid 20's and trying to find my first boyfriend that might end up as my husband! For, me I think of dating as good practice for the future, but my parents think otherwise. I've tried to sit down with them and talk this over but they don't want to hear it! What should I do?? Frown Lynae P.

by LoveU4Life on 1/20/2012 6:59:33 PM

I am almost 15 and my parents won"t let me date until I am 18!

by skatingsecrets101 on 1/20/2012 3:57:21 PM

Mod Mod!
I like this guy but he's not the cutest guy on earth...(well i think he is(; ) but my friends make fun of me for liking him sometimes cuz he's not that cute and i get kinda embarrassed when they do that... what should i say back to them when it happens again?

Hey girl,

Who cares what they think? It's your life and you're allowed to like whoever you want! And personally I feel that the best kind of guys to date are not the most attractive ones, because other girls won't constantly be flirting with them. As long as you find the person attractive, other people's opinions don't matter. The next time your friends tease you about it, tell them you don't care what they think. Show them their teasing comments won't get to you. They'll stop after awhile. And if they don't, it sounds like they're not good friends.

Kathryn S.

by softball6 on 1/20/2012 3:16:12 PM

yaa uhh 11 is reallyyyyyyyyyyy young to start dating. even if u did start to date, the relationship might not last that long.

by zeus11 on 1/20/2012 3:11:12 PM

Hey I'm 14 and I can date till I'm 16 and I don't mind I don't fill like I'm ready because the guys at my school are to in to them self's and more in to bad things to really do much and u need to drive out of town to do something fun. But I have never been asked out before and I don't know if its because they know I cant date or if its because of my dad if I was a guy I take one look at my dad a run for my life. Everyone says hes scary idk if that's y or what. I think u can date at any age but do u really want to kiss a guy at a young age like really the older u get the more u will under stand like u will become closer to guys and like them more then just friends. But wait till your ready to date. Don't just date because everyone else has a bf wait till ur guy comes for u if its at a party, school,dance,or the store he will come and you will be happy. Krupali D.

by mazzie on 1/20/2012 1:40:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD...I have a close problem im 12 and im not ready to date but if someone asks me i would perfer dont having to say "i have to ask my mom" it just sounds dumb.Anyway my mom says i cant date till im the age my brother starts dateing and it wouldn't a problem exept my brother is 15 and still hasn't dated anyone and i dont think he will soon.What should i do.
HELP me!!!!!!

Hey babe,

Instead of saying, "I have to ask my mom," you can use another excuse like: "That'd be so great, but we should get to know each other better as friends first!" or "I'm not allowed to date for a little while longer - we should get a group together and hang out this weekend!" That way, you're always offering another solution. That way, you make it clear that you could be interested and you want to stay social, but you aren't going to be dating him right now. As for your bro, I'd talk to mom again about that one. Be patient and stay calm (aka no yelling), but try bringing up the fact that he hasn't dated anyone and you're worried you're not going to be able to date til you're like 18! And remind her that you're two different people, that you have different priorities, social lives, etc. Give it a try and things could change Smile
Lauren C.

by PInkoverload11 on 1/19/2012 11:29:50 PM

Trust me, you may think that you're old enough, but you're not. I'm thirteen and I feel to young to date. So don't freak out about it. Guys aren't even into asking out girls at your age (in my school anyway)

by Katisha on 1/19/2012 8:49:40 PM

My mom does not let me date but if udid i think its kinda a waste of time cuz u can't drive or anything or go places!

by softball6 on 1/19/2012 3:59:00 PM

Mod Mod Mod! ok so i'm 13 but my mom says i'm too young to date but ALL my friends do and i think i should be able to... what do i do?

Hey girly,

I'm sorry hun, but you mom is right on this one. While it's natural to have crushes at this age, going on dates requires maturity and more worldly knowledge, such as the effects of doing things just because 'everyone else is'. You'll get plenty of time to date once you're older, so just enjoy your interests, learning and time with friends.

Krupali D.

by softball6 on 1/19/2012 3:26:10 PM

I think 13 is a good age to start dating. When you're under 13... dsting isn't really "dating"... it's just saying "oh, yeah, that's my boyfriend". Nothing else. Girlies, dating isn't all that exciting, and you should wait until you're a lil older so it's actually considered dating...!

--Kayla