Bridget M.

is modding

8 HOURS AGO First time runnners: This is how ya get prepped for your first race! http://t.co/Fj5hMpOn7r

11 HOURS AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

12 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

COMMENTS

My mom says I'm too young to date!

But I'm ready now! Can I change her mind?

Umm, Im 11 too and I admit I like boys, but 11is still too young to date! Wait until your bf has a car and then you can go on an actual date! Until then, flirt away! Smile

by bean7280 on 1/17/2012 6:38:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD....ok well there's this guy who likes me and I like him back he always smiles and sometimes tries to talk to me but when he does someone always gets in the way and ends the conversation. How do I talk to him without doing something weird or dumb and getting nervous because whenever I try to talk to him I do something weird or just freeze there & say nothing..please help Smile

Hey girl,

Try talking to him when there aren't a lot of people around so that you won't get interrupted. Just try to relax when you talk to him- it might help to take a big deep breath before you go over to him. Ask him how his weekend was, or if he's seen that hilarious movie you just saw the other day.

Kathryn S.

by dancer0014 on 1/16/2012 1:29:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! I have a similar problem. I'm 13 and I want to be able to date/ have a boyfriend. Me and my mom aren't super close. How do I talk to my mom about it without it being to awkward??
Thanks!!
Callie

Hey girl,

Just say "Hey mom, I feel that I'm old enough to start dating but I just wanted to make sure that you're ok with it." Hopefully your mom will be supportive! Smile

Kathryn S.

by Callie620 on 1/16/2012 12:43:21 PM

Girls where I live "date" in grade school now and I think it's ridiculous! I mean what happened to the good ole' fashioned cooties anyway? They take it seriously too, as if a fifth grade boyfriend is the love of their life. I think kids should just take the time to be kids...

by kittenluv28 on 1/16/2012 5:01:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD! so theres this boy...but theres this other boy too! lets call them s and j. So s likes me...his parents wont let him date for 2 more years. i think hes really nerdy buuut he makes me happy and i think his nerdiness is knda cute. but then theres j who ive liked for a couple months. he flirts with me all the time but idk if its a joke cuz hes kinda way outta my league. i dont know what to do! i like them both but i cant date s for 2 more years so i dont see a point in going for him till later. so it seems logical to go for j. but i really like s too! what should i do?!

Well i would go for who ever makes you happier. If s makes you way happier then stick with him despite the 2 years because flirting or going for j may put him off and make him stop liking you. However its your choice and if i were you i would go for whoever i like more. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by a10isgrl07 on 1/15/2012 6:14:48 PM

My sister is only 9 and we live in different countrys. I'm 12 and she is allowed to date, but I'm not. She has already kissed her bf at the movies and I think that she is WAY too young to date, but I don't have the guts to tell her that. I want to change my parents minds, what should I do?

by hugs4free33 on 1/15/2012 12:23:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I went to a party, and my friend introduced me to this guy. After I left she texted me and told me that he thought I was cute and asked if she could give him my number. I said I would think about it and get back to her, but IDK what to do. I did think he was cute, and I'm flattered that he likes me, but I don't know a lot about him, and I've never had a boyfriend before so IDK how to handle this. Please help me!!!

Hey girl,

Giving him your # does NOT mean he's automatically your boyfriend! It's ok to get to know him a little, possibly become friends, then decide how you feel from there. Giving him your digits won't force you to rush into anything - just chat with him and take it as slow as you want. But it could be a good thing to get to know him better and branch out! <3
Lauren C.

by purpleluver716 on 1/14/2012 11:24:45 PM

goodness what would you do on your first date? hold hands in the hall, sit together at lunch? lots of people are now confusing dating with hanging out, you want to at least be old enough for him to be able to pay for something more romantic than McDonald's.

by actress13 on 1/14/2012 10:58:51 AM

Wow, 11 is WAY too young. I wouldn't even bother trying to talk your mom into allowing you to date at that age. I'm 12 now and I can't date AT LEAST until i'm 14, and it can't be serious or anything.

by MusikRox1999 on 1/14/2012 1:24:39 AM

Well so many people have different rules, my friends sister who is 11 went on her first date tonight with her bf and its true they cant drive so her mom took her to the movies with my friend and another one of her friends. I would have went but I spent time at my bfs house. I will probably hear what went on later but it just seems so weird, 11 just seems so young for that.

by luckykel on 1/13/2012 10:05:43 PM