3 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

6 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

7 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

My mom says I'm too young to date!

But I'm ready now! Can I change her mind?

Cherie
your parents are just trying to watch out for you.
I think your parents are right you are a little to young.
I know people who went out who were 11 or younger.

by rachel5678 on 7/15/2012 5:46:50 PM

Cherie
your parents are just trying to watch out for you.
I think your parents are right you are a little to young.
I know people who went out who were 11 or younger.

by rachel5678 on 7/15/2012 5:45:14 PM

I am 11.5 years old my parents said i'm to old to date. i've already hd 4 guys ask me out. what should i do? i wanted to say yes but i didn't.

Hey girl,

you should probably listen to your parents. They really do have your best interests at heart! There will be plenty of time to date when you're older, so focus on your friends and school for now!

Meghan D.

by sparkels on 6/8/2012 6:15:38 PM

Well If I am too young to start dating at 13 almost 14, you are WAY too young to start dating at like 11 years old!!

by naomi:) on 3/23/2012 4:54:45 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
I am in the same situation. It's been 2 years since I met my boyfriend. Before you say but you have a boyfriend let me say my parents don't know about us. I am terrified to talk to my dad about it cuz if he found out he would never let me out of his sight til I move out. My mom wants me to wait til I am 16 to date. I want to tell them but they are way over protective. What do I do? His mom found out but was fine with it.

Hey! because you waited so long to tell your parents, you have to accept that if you tell them now they might be mad. You just have to decide whether it would be worth it to you at this point

Helen S.

by RockInMe on 3/2/2012 8:39:05 PM

my parents won't let me date until i'm 15. i think that's actually pretty reasonable. : )

by iloveballet&singing on 2/27/2012 5:27:49 PM

I'm 14 about to turn 15 in July and I am also in the 8th grade. My parents do not approve of me having a boyfriend at my age and they say that my attention needs to be focused on my school work. I tried the whole dating thing a few years ago and nothing worked out in my favor.. and I lost nothing but my parents trust and respect. But I feel like I can maintain my grades and a boyfried at the same time now. My friend Matt who is a junior in high school had asked me if I would go out with him a while back. I told him that I wasn't allowed to date and that I was terribly sorry. Well the subject came up today and I really like him and I don't want to tell him no.. But I don't want to cause a conflict between my parents and I. I feel like I can handle this but.. My parents more then likely will look at me like I have 3 heads if I ask them for their permission. What do you suggest I do?

by syxela79 on 2/18/2012 12:54:08 AM

Mod! Mod! Mod! Im 12.5 years old and my mom wont let me date until im in highschool! not tht a guy has ever asked me out but just in case i wish she was ok with it. help!

I wouldnt worry about that. Give it time, youll be ready to date once youre actually in high school. For now just let it be Smile xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by swimminchica on 2/14/2012 8:39:41 PM

ask urself a q whats mom gonna do to me? thats what i asked myself and really she cant do anything about who u date its ur life i mean i should know i had the same prob and well lets just say my life=AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! so just date the guy!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats she gonna do walk strait up to ur bf and wrestle him????????????? yeah right Smile

by dawnya on 2/1/2012 8:29:19 PM

Hey I'm 11 too and at my school there's TONS of couples. I understand where your comeing from because I'm at that stage too. If I were you I would have that talk with mom or dad when you get asked out of you ask a boy out. If you do that before they'll think you're up to something. And if they still say no, theres nothing wrong having him come over to meet your parents! It wouldn't even count as a date. It's just a get together. If they still say no then respect their desisions.

by karli831 on 1/30/2012 7:43:54 PM

Hey izzygirl13, nope there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's better to wait and get in a relationship with someone you like, then to suffer with someone you have no feelings for. That wouldn't be fair to you or him. When the time is right, you'll find a guy. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Do you think it's normal or totally dumb that i haven't had my first BF and I'm 13??? I know there is no need to rush it but everyone seems to starting date more and more. I mean i have a crush and everything but i don't now if he will ever ask me out and I don't want to say yes to just anyone...HELP? Lynae P.

by izzygirl13 on 1/27/2012 5:39:51 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, I never really get in the subject of dating with my mom, and Im pretty shy to talk to her about it. ANyways, i like this guy and my BFF likes him too. But the thing is everytime i like a guy, f=my BFF likes the saem guy!! Like a week after I tell her i like him she likes him too? Is she really my friend? im starting to get kind of mad at her because i never show off about him or anything or talk about him and she goes ohh he was flirting w/ me and checking me out wich im sure he wasn't! Hes really nice to me though and thats good. But i odnt know how he found out i liked him, because i never told any ofhis friends. Im starting to think it was my BFF so she can get him to like her and for him to think im weird or something im very stressed out and dont know what to do b/c i dont want to hurt her feelings. and what do I do if he akss me out? i really like him but idk if my mom lets me date. And i want to say yes. Please help!

Hey girl,

Honestly, it does sound like she's trying to do the same things as you. Who knows why, maybe for attention or because she looks up to you/wants to "beat' you. But whatever the reason, it's super annoying! You don't always have to tell her exactly who you're crushing on though. I have friends that I talk about crushes with, then I have other friends that I talk with about other things (music, movies, etc). Try dishing about crushes with another friend and keep your convos with your BFF crush-free. That way, there's no risk of her stealing it or copying you! As for dating, if he asks you out tell him the truth: "I would love to go out with you! I just gotta clear it with my mom first - you know, parents!" Smile and really make sure he knows that you want to go out with him. Then, you'll have to ask your mom. It won't be nerves-free, but you can do it! Just tell her you've gotten to know this really nice, responsible, respectful guy and he asked you out, so you wanted to know if you could go grab pizza with him for dinner on Saturday (or whatever - keep it casual the first date...and not too late at night). Make sure she knows how great he is and how much you want to go on the date. It's worth asking!!
Lauren C.

by Kukutzy on 1/27/2012 12:35:58 AM

thnx lynae! but wat do i do about my mom? i just dont know how to talk to her! urgh!! and im 13!!!! so its not like im a baby anymore, but i dont think she sees it like that!!

by Queenbook on 1/26/2012 10:32:36 PM

My mother doesn't lemme date either. We are super close but i asked her once and she said no. I asked her again, no reply. Frown

by GettersLove on 1/26/2012 5:56:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have a problem like that I am almost 13 and I've had boys ask me out. I want to talk to mom about it. We aren't super close, and I don't want it to be awkward.... Do you have any suggestions

Hey Girl,

It's always an awkward situation to talk to the 'rents about your love life. But most of the time, moms act pretty cool about it! Why don't you just sit down with her and tell her about the situation and that boys have asked you out. Ask her what she thinks you should do and what age she was when she had her very first date. Maybe this conversation will bring you guys closer together! Have a little faith - it'll be just fine!

alicia m. alicia m.

by Callie620 on 1/26/2012 6:58:11 AM

My mom and I made a compromise that I couldn't date till I was 16. She said if there was a dance or party I was gonna go to with a guy was fine. We even talked about if I didn't want to go to a dance with a guy and figured a way to tell him nicely that I don't want to. Seriously, most if you talk about who likes you and the word dating, they'll open up and give you advice. Hope this helps!

by Gabriella123 on 1/22/2012 8:44:26 AM

Hey Everyonee. I Really Like This Post, Because I Can Really Relate. I'm Thirteen, And I Have Done Some Bad Things In The Past, Which Has Made My Chances Even Less Of Being Able To Date. I Really Want To Be Able To Date, My Parents Say They Don't Want To See Me Hurt, But I Feel There's More To It.. Please Comment, So I Can Know If There Is More People Out Their Like This(:

by browneyedgirlinlove on 1/21/2012 6:11:39 PM

So, I'm sitting here with my cousin and she and I agree on the same thing. We're both 12 BTW. So what we think you should do is see the situation from both of your points of view. Your mom is different, and dating probabaly means something different for her than it does for you. So try to explain to her what your (or our) version of dating is. If she still says no, give it time. By the time you're 13, your mom may see you as mature and trust you more. Before that, try to build a good relationship with your mom. Make her your best friend.

by Swiftie33 on 1/21/2012 3:28:30 PM

Hey Queenbook, just break it to him gently that you don't like him the way he likes you. Explain to him that your friendship is too important to you to have something romantic ruin it. As long as you're nice and clear he'll get it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I like this guy, and he's soooo cute, but my mom sez im too young to date! (im 13) But its not like i want SERIOUS dating! Just hangin' out is cool w/ me, but my mom wont hear it. But, just cuz my life is like that, there's this guy that i txt, and he came to me 4 advice on relationships, and now he's admitted that he sorta likes me!! I dont really like him like that, but i don't wanna hurt his feelings! What do i do? Lynae P.

by Queenbook on 1/21/2012 1:22:54 PM

Same here mazzie! I can't date till I'm 16. But if you really think about it, it would be hard dating in junior high. But it sounds easier to do in high school. All you could do is just say high to each other in the halls really. Frown

by Gabriella123 on 1/20/2012 8:53:06 PM

Hey LoveU4Life, mhmm introducing them to someone you might change their mind. If they meet the guy you like in person, they'll see how great he is and change their minds. You could invite him and maybe even his parents over for dinner. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD!
Hi I'm 15 (going on 16 in a few months) and I really like this guy who is shy, cute and a bit nerdy (which I like). But the thing is my parents won't allow me to date till i'm out of college!! I don't want to be in my mid 20's and trying to find my first boyfriend that might end up as my husband! For, me I think of dating as good practice for the future, but my parents think otherwise. I've tried to sit down with them and talk this over but they don't want to hear it! What should I do?? Frown Lynae P.

by LoveU4Life on 1/20/2012 6:59:33 PM

I am almost 15 and my parents won"t let me date until I am 18!

by skatingsecrets101 on 1/20/2012 3:57:21 PM

Mod Mod!
I like this guy but he's not the cutest guy on earth...(well i think he is(; ) but my friends make fun of me for liking him sometimes cuz he's not that cute and i get kinda embarrassed when they do that... what should i say back to them when it happens again?

Hey girl,

Who cares what they think? It's your life and you're allowed to like whoever you want! And personally I feel that the best kind of guys to date are not the most attractive ones, because other girls won't constantly be flirting with them. As long as you find the person attractive, other people's opinions don't matter. The next time your friends tease you about it, tell them you don't care what they think. Show them their teasing comments won't get to you. They'll stop after awhile. And if they don't, it sounds like they're not good friends.

Kathryn S.

by softball6 on 1/20/2012 3:16:12 PM

yaa uhh 11 is reallyyyyyyyyyyy young to start dating. even if u did start to date, the relationship might not last that long.

by zeus11 on 1/20/2012 3:11:12 PM

Hey I'm 14 and I can date till I'm 16 and I don't mind I don't fill like I'm ready because the guys at my school are to in to them self's and more in to bad things to really do much and u need to drive out of town to do something fun. But I have never been asked out before and I don't know if its because they know I cant date or if its because of my dad if I was a guy I take one look at my dad a run for my life. Everyone says hes scary idk if that's y or what. I think u can date at any age but do u really want to kiss a guy at a young age like really the older u get the more u will under stand like u will become closer to guys and like them more then just friends. But wait till your ready to date. Don't just date because everyone else has a bf wait till ur guy comes for u if its at a party, school,dance,or the store he will come and you will be happy. Krupali D.

by mazzie on 1/20/2012 1:40:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD...I have a close problem im 12 and im not ready to date but if someone asks me i would perfer dont having to say "i have to ask my mom" it just sounds dumb.Anyway my mom says i cant date till im the age my brother starts dateing and it wouldn't a problem exept my brother is 15 and still hasn't dated anyone and i dont think he will soon.What should i do.
HELP me!!!!!!

Hey babe,

Instead of saying, "I have to ask my mom," you can use another excuse like: "That'd be so great, but we should get to know each other better as friends first!" or "I'm not allowed to date for a little while longer - we should get a group together and hang out this weekend!" That way, you're always offering another solution. That way, you make it clear that you could be interested and you want to stay social, but you aren't going to be dating him right now. As for your bro, I'd talk to mom again about that one. Be patient and stay calm (aka no yelling), but try bringing up the fact that he hasn't dated anyone and you're worried you're not going to be able to date til you're like 18! And remind her that you're two different people, that you have different priorities, social lives, etc. Give it a try and things could change Smile
Lauren C.

by PInkoverload11 on 1/19/2012 11:29:50 PM

Trust me, you may think that you're old enough, but you're not. I'm thirteen and I feel to young to date. So don't freak out about it. Guys aren't even into asking out girls at your age (in my school anyway)

by Katisha on 1/19/2012 8:49:40 PM

My mom does not let me date but if udid i think its kinda a waste of time cuz u can't drive or anything or go places!

by softball6 on 1/19/2012 3:59:00 PM

Mod Mod Mod! ok so i'm 13 but my mom says i'm too young to date but ALL my friends do and i think i should be able to... what do i do?

Hey girly,

I'm sorry hun, but you mom is right on this one. While it's natural to have crushes at this age, going on dates requires maturity and more worldly knowledge, such as the effects of doing things just because 'everyone else is'. You'll get plenty of time to date once you're older, so just enjoy your interests, learning and time with friends.

Krupali D.

by softball6 on 1/19/2012 3:26:10 PM

I think 13 is a good age to start dating. When you're under 13... dsting isn't really "dating"... it's just saying "oh, yeah, that's my boyfriend". Nothing else. Girlies, dating isn't all that exciting, and you should wait until you're a lil older so it's actually considered dating...!

--Kayla

by SunnyDelite on 1/17/2012 6:44:17 PM

Umm, Im 11 too and I admit I like boys, but 11is still too young to date! Wait until your bf has a car and then you can go on an actual date! Until then, flirt away! Smile

by bean7280 on 1/17/2012 6:38:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD....ok well there's this guy who likes me and I like him back he always smiles and sometimes tries to talk to me but when he does someone always gets in the way and ends the conversation. How do I talk to him without doing something weird or dumb and getting nervous because whenever I try to talk to him I do something weird or just freeze there & say nothing..please help Smile

Hey girl,

Try talking to him when there aren't a lot of people around so that you won't get interrupted. Just try to relax when you talk to him- it might help to take a big deep breath before you go over to him. Ask him how his weekend was, or if he's seen that hilarious movie you just saw the other day.

Kathryn S.

by dancer0014 on 1/16/2012 1:29:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!! I have a similar problem. I'm 13 and I want to be able to date/ have a boyfriend. Me and my mom aren't super close. How do I talk to my mom about it without it being to awkward??
Thanks!!
Callie

Hey girl,

Just say "Hey mom, I feel that I'm old enough to start dating but I just wanted to make sure that you're ok with it." Hopefully your mom will be supportive! Smile

Kathryn S.

by Callie620 on 1/16/2012 12:43:21 PM

Girls where I live "date" in grade school now and I think it's ridiculous! I mean what happened to the good ole' fashioned cooties anyway? They take it seriously too, as if a fifth grade boyfriend is the love of their life. I think kids should just take the time to be kids...

by kittenluv28 on 1/16/2012 5:01:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD! so theres this boy...but theres this other boy too! lets call them s and j. So s likes me...his parents wont let him date for 2 more years. i think hes really nerdy buuut he makes me happy and i think his nerdiness is knda cute. but then theres j who ive liked for a couple months. he flirts with me all the time but idk if its a joke cuz hes kinda way outta my league. i dont know what to do! i like them both but i cant date s for 2 more years so i dont see a point in going for him till later. so it seems logical to go for j. but i really like s too! what should i do?!

Well i would go for who ever makes you happier. If s makes you way happier then stick with him despite the 2 years because flirting or going for j may put him off and make him stop liking you. However its your choice and if i were you i would go for whoever i like more. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by a10isgrl07 on 1/15/2012 6:14:48 PM

My sister is only 9 and we live in different countrys. I'm 12 and she is allowed to date, but I'm not. She has already kissed her bf at the movies and I think that she is WAY too young to date, but I don't have the guts to tell her that. I want to change my parents minds, what should I do?

by hugs4free33 on 1/15/2012 12:23:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I went to a party, and my friend introduced me to this guy. After I left she texted me and told me that he thought I was cute and asked if she could give him my number. I said I would think about it and get back to her, but IDK what to do. I did think he was cute, and I'm flattered that he likes me, but I don't know a lot about him, and I've never had a boyfriend before so IDK how to handle this. Please help me!!!

Hey girl,

Giving him your # does NOT mean he's automatically your boyfriend! It's ok to get to know him a little, possibly become friends, then decide how you feel from there. Giving him your digits won't force you to rush into anything - just chat with him and take it as slow as you want. But it could be a good thing to get to know him better and branch out! <3
Lauren C.

by purpleluver716 on 1/14/2012 11:24:45 PM

goodness what would you do on your first date? hold hands in the hall, sit together at lunch? lots of people are now confusing dating with hanging out, you want to at least be old enough for him to be able to pay for something more romantic than McDonald's.

by actress13 on 1/14/2012 10:58:51 AM

Wow, 11 is WAY too young. I wouldn't even bother trying to talk your mom into allowing you to date at that age. I'm 12 now and I can't date AT LEAST until i'm 14, and it can't be serious or anything.

by MusikRox1999 on 1/14/2012 1:24:39 AM

Well so many people have different rules, my friends sister who is 11 went on her first date tonight with her bf and its true they cant drive so her mom took her to the movies with my friend and another one of her friends. I would have went but I spent time at my bfs house. I will probably hear what went on later but it just seems so weird, 11 just seems so young for that.

by luckykel on 1/13/2012 10:05:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Heyy! So, this guy who likes me and I kind of like him back said I was hotter than Taylor Swift and I don't know what to say back. Any advice? Thanks, coldplay12

Hey girlie,

Play it cool and flirty - I'd say something like, "Aw! That's so sweet Smile" If you want to be really obvious about your crush on him, you could say something like "You're way cuter than Taylor Lautner." He's totally flirting with you - so if you wanna go for it, flirt back!
Lauren C.

by coldplay12 on 1/13/2012 8:49:59 PM

At 11 you start to grow up and it can be hard sometimes but I am 11 and I talked to mom and dad they said I could have a boyfriend and hold hands and hug maybe kiss but I can't date going on a date and having a boyfriend are two different things so maybe ask her about that in sted and try telling her you have a boyfriend already.

by petpet123 on 1/13/2012 8:06:52 PM

You're 11. How could it be called dating when you can't even drive? I agree with your mom, I'm 16 and dating isn't really all you'd think it would be, just wait a while. Have fun flirting and figuring out how to be a girlfriend or what a date really is. Kathryn S.

by adubb13 on 1/13/2012 10:22:41 AM

11?? That is too young. I'm not allowed to date until I'm 16.

by Catlover4723 on 1/13/2012 9:52:30 AM

I know what u mean and how u feel but at the same time you r still finding who you are and if you want to be known as more than that guys girlfriend you got to just forget about it until someone actually does ask you. I am 12 and i had a bf just a few weeks ago... we kissed, held hands, we hugged and we told each other we loved each other and we were in a serious relationship but guys they dont think like us, he began to forget about me. And it really brought me down. I wasnt myself any more all i wanted was for him to love on me the way he used to... i got caught up and it started to be the only thing i thought about. but then i realized why am i wasting my time with a person who wont spend any of their own time focused on me so we brokeup and yes i love him but no matter how much you love something if it holds you back you just got to let go.

by emmydindin on 1/12/2012 11:27:17 PM

Ok, I'm 14 and I don't even want to date until I get to high schoo, I have a crush but I don't want to date anyone until I get to high school and boys get more mature. Its totally ok to wait because i would rather have a more serious relationship, wouldn't you? Smile)))

by theatreluver26 on 1/12/2012 11:20:17 PM

i'm 12 years old(grade7)and almost everyone in my grade dates. even me. my mom says im to young to date too. but shhh, dont telll her! Smile right now there are 4 couples right and i see them kissing in the halls all the time! our school is weird. my bestfriend had a boyfriend(they broke up)and iv'e seen them kiss about 20 times. but your eleven, when i was in middle school, the clostest i got to a boy was a hug lol.

by chelseymarie-xo on 1/12/2012 10:54:06 PM

eww... What king of disgusting little 11 year old child wants to date? I'm 13 and I do like boys a lot but I don't date. You can't really expect an 11 year old boy to be a good boyfriend. I can't believe girls as young as that want to have relationships with boys.

by juicypeach09 on 1/12/2012 9:00:42 PM

I didn't have a boyfrien untill I was 13 and when my mom found out she said i couldnt until i was 15. It could be worse some can't date till 18. I think 11 is a little young to date.

by dray14 on 1/12/2012 8:38:13 PM

im in 7th grade and there is sooo much drama about friends, dating, and oh so much more. hahah well ALOT of the people date and even the 8th graders tell us we have WAY too much dating and drama going on XD i thought that was funny, just cuz the people in the grade above us cant elieve how many rumors and stuff go on! in the 8th grade they just blow that stuff off! ohh i wish thts how it was;) aha

by baileybluu on 1/12/2012 8:27:10 PM

Well at my school when I was your age "dating" was pretty much sitting by each other at lunch and you were concidered "dating" Even today thats the case sometimes (Im 13). If you want serious dating like hanging out after school then your a little young sorry to say Frown. But some kids at my school are in serious relationships, but not many Smile

by SarSar:) on 1/12/2012 6:49:35 PM

Hey Girlies! Love to write songs? Then join my club 'Sassy Songwriters'! It's a great club for songwriters to hang out and share their ideas! Also come to get advice, feedback on Ur songs, and just to have a good time with other songwriters! I would love to see U there!(:
XoXo<3
Madi(: (Prez of 'Sassy Songwriters')

by *MusicGirl16* on 1/12/2012 6:42:14 PM

I like 2 guys, John and Brandon. I like John a lot more then Brandon. Brandon recently found out I like John and he's been acting really different around me. Like he started teasing me about this guy that follows me around like a lost puppy (Sam) and saying stupid stuff about us dating and its stupid cuz i cant stand him. and he doesnt talk to me as much anymore. I still like Brandon tho.. how do I show him that I'm still interested in him? And how do I get him to stop talking about Sam? I want things to go back to how they were b4 cuz we could talk about anything and i felt really close to him.. and how do I get rid of sam? he has no respect for personal space and I've told him I dont like it but he wont listen.. Sorry theres a lot of questions in this lol. Smile

Hey babe,

No worries, that's why we're here ;) Brandon is probably talking about Sam and teasing you because he's noticed you like someone more...and he might like you back, so he wants to tease/talk about crushes in a round-about way. But he might also have backed off a little because he feels awkward, like maybe you don't like him the same way. (Or he does' t know how to deal with the fact that you like John.) Try talking more often and setting the tone: if you're comfortable and social around him, he'll be that way too. Joke around, flirt a little, and you'll give off the hint that you like him.

As for Sam, you might need to be REALLY firm with him. I know you might be worried about hurting his feelings but, if you've told him before and he won't stop, you need to be even more strong with your feelings. "Listen, I'm flattered but this WILL stop now. You need to cut it out because I think we should be friends, nothing more. And friends does not mean following me around so much. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is."
Lauren C.

by dancerchic_4 on 1/12/2012 5:25:54 PM

Hey Ladies! Do you need advice? I would love to give you some! I will answer any questions, or just talk to you when you are sad. I can give you advice about friends, guys, family, food, sports, school,growing up, or even yourself! I would be absolutely happy to help! I will give you an honest answer ASAP, and hun, nothing is too personal so don't be afraid!Thank you(: ( Oh, and BTW, The four tags I have aren't just the things you can ask me about. Those are just ideas!)

by gracieb123 on 1/12/2012 4:28:34 PM

I hate to say this girly but you really are too young to date. 11 is waaay too young. There is no reason for you to worry about guys right now. When you get older and you actually meet guys you like (you said you don't even know any boys right now) then you can start fighting but at the moment just don't worry about it. I have to disagree with EgirlH.97. DO NOT get interested in Justin Bieber or that's the kind of "guys" you'll be dating when you do start dating and do you really want to date a girly guy?
So anyway, girly just enjoy your childhood. It's too much work to think about boys at your age.

by dixiecowgirl on 1/12/2012 4:04:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD. What do you think an appropriate age to start dating is? Thanks a bunch!

Hey babe,

I think it's different for every girl! You gotta do some soul-searching and talk with your parents about it. It should be when you're mature enough to:

- never let yourself be pressured into going faster than you're ready to go

- treat a guy with respect and fairness

- stay calm and deal with disagreements without freaking out

- consider someone else's needs and feelings along with your own

- be honest with your parents about where you're going, what you're doing, etc.

The age varies for every girl, so try to listen to yourself and decide if you're honestly totally ready <3
Lauren C.

by gracieb123 on 1/12/2012 4:02:46 PM

11 is way to young! U should wait til ur in high school girl! Isn't 11 in 5 or 6 th grade? I am 13 and I haven't even had my first crush or think boys r cute yet! So sry but don't date. It's not a good idea yet. But it is ok to like a boy but no dating until ur mom or dad approve. If u visit my profile leave a comment about parent troubles. I can help. But there is so much more to life than dating.

by Fashion designer on 1/12/2012 3:34:56 PM

im 15 and my parents think im to young to date... if they only knew how much i like my bestest friend ever (my bgf)...

by HollaYo on 1/12/2012 12:09:41 PM

Chica, you really are to young to date. I'm 16 and I'm just now beginning to think about dating. Honestly, there isn't some secret competition on who dates first. You're in the beginning stages of turning into a young women. Focus on you, not arguments about something in the future.

by neon-glitter on 1/12/2012 11:27:08 AM

Really? 11? At 11 all you need to worry about is Justin Bieber and ponies. I'm 14 and I don't even WANT to date yet! Yeah, it's okay to like boys at your age, but wait until you're MUCH older, kay? I've recently been told that you shouldn't start dating until you're going to get married. What's the point of having a boyfriend you can't marry for 10 years? Just hold on and live your life without "dating"!

by EgirlH.97 on 1/11/2012 11:47:51 PM

Well 11 is kind of too young.. I think a good age to start dating is when your a freshman in high school. But until then you can still LIKE boys and admire them from afar LOL

by IThinkILoveYou... on 1/11/2012 11:27:29 PM

I had my first "boyfriend" at 11, but we never actually went out and we'd broken up by the end of the month. Now, I'm almost 14 and my last few boyfriends have been more real, i.e. actually GOING places! I wish I'd waited to date, though. Looking back I should have been more focused on my friends and school.

by fireworks1071 on 1/11/2012 10:51:47 PM

LOL, How do you tell an 11 yo who is boy crazy that she cant date? Personally part of me doesnt understand wanting to date so young because my mom was so against me having a bf or being around them until recently, but then I remember thinking about guys and becoming very interested in them when I was 11 and I didnt even want to tell anyone my thoughts. I know its a puberty thing but we have to follow rules and if our parents didnt want us dating then we should do what they say.

by luckykel on 1/11/2012 10:32:23 PM

Are you kidding me? 11 is WAY too young! I'm 14 and I'm not even aloud to date until I'm 16. There's NO point in dating so young. You're in what, 6th grade or so? At least wait until 8th grade at the earliest...

by mdo556 on 1/11/2012 9:35:57 PM

I'm eleven too... If you did know any eleven year old boys, you wouldn't want to date them. The ones I know are obnoxious, prejudiced, and obsessed with potty humor like second graders... Trust me... You won't want to date this year...

by THawesome! on 1/11/2012 9:29:03 PM

Hey ljlove, he was probably asking you because Kevin likes you. Why else would he ask you a random question like that and so close to the time Kevin said you were pretty? I think you should say something to him. You don't have to tell him you like him, but say or do something that will let him know you're interested. Maybe smile and wave at him the next time you see him or ask for his number. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MMOODDDMMMMOODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!
this guy in my science class (lets call him kevin) said i was pretty..what does that mean? and his friend (lets call him nick) has been asking me if i like kevin and (ido) but i didnt know if he diiddd like me or not so iv just been saying idk cuz i didnt just wanna say yes and now i really to but he stopped asking me yesterday and now i wanna say yes ssssssssssooooooooooooooo badly but if nick doesnt ask me agian then idk how to tell him and my friend said not to tell nick and to tell kevin because its better that way but idk if he actually does or notand then she aid then just ask him out but im not good at that..at alll andso any ideason that? im really stressing out about this more than i shud but i just have to get it out!! Lynae P.

by ljlove on 1/11/2012 8:33:39 PM

I'm 11 too and some people in my grade date. But it always turns out that something went wrong or someone got called a name or something. So I suggest you don't date for a while because it could really mess up your school work and it can make you less focused.

by username0000 on 1/11/2012 8:26:49 PM

haha im eleven and i think its dumb of all this whos dating who stuff at my school! why make a big deal out of something so dumb as that? Tong

by cutiepanda445 on 1/11/2012 7:47:25 PM

I was dating at 11. Its not like we were "going" somewhere. But then when we broke up, he was cussing at me.

by sunnybubbles on 1/11/2012 7:44:52 PM

psh. seriously. you have plenty of time to be dating and stuff like that. enjoy being a kid. i'm 14, and i've never had a boyfriend, which is slightly depressing to me sometimes, but honestly, almost no one i've liked has liked me back, and what's the point in going out with someone you don't like?
they're wrong about kids not dating at 11, though. at my school people started dating in 5th and 6th grade. im in 8th grade, and still people mainly go out for about a week and then break up. while i watch on the sidelines as the girls cry... >.< its pathetic

by biffo on 1/11/2012 7:43:39 PM

Hey beaniebag12, I think 14 is a good age to start dating, but it really depends on what your mom thinks. Sit down and talk to her about it. Be sure you have good reasons for wanting to. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I'm fourteen and I want to date. I think my mom would be okay with it, but am I still too young? Lynae P.

by beaniebag12 on 1/11/2012 7:31:47 PM

u cant go out when ur 11!!!!! its just not right. plus u cant even DO anything!!

by soccerlover99 on 1/11/2012 7:24:40 PM

Hey abbygirl12, see if your parents will let you go certain places with a guy. Certainly going to his house or any other private location will be off limits, but maybe you guys could hang out with a large group of friends at the movies, arcade, bowling alley etc. It may also help to introduce him to your parents. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod Mod
im 13, and never dated but might want to start.. cause this guy likes me and i like him. But im to nervous to ask them or bring the convo up. Also if i keep it a secret it will get eventually to my parents what should i do? Lynae P.

by abbygirl12 on 1/11/2012 7:08:47 PM

Haha i find it funny wen 11 and 12 year olds freak about dating. Im 15 almost 16 and, and personally i find dating kinda awkward and stuffy (guess i just havent found the right guy yet. Haha) instead i like (ok, love) having guy friends who i can chill w/ and talk to without being awkward Smile makes my day always better to know i have a guy behind me wen im in trouble Smile

by iheartu? on 1/11/2012 7:05:02 PM

I'm twelve, don't date and don't care too much. Of course, I wouldn't mind, but what Mom says goes.

by AlwaysDreamer on 1/11/2012 6:37:10 PM

when you're eleven you are in middle school

by GoldenWhite_sky on 1/11/2012 6:10:31 PM

when you're eleven you are in middle school

by GoldenWhite_sky on 1/11/2012 6:09:49 PM

i have the same problem my mom says im too young. i really lie this one guy but he'll probably never ask me out. oh by the way im 13

by ims on 1/11/2012 6:01:14 PM

Hey amyrose99, well look on the bright side you don't have that much longer to wait. Take this time to get to know your crush so when yo are allowed to date, you'll be ready. Xoxo

MOD
UNBELIEVABLE!! My mom said I can't date 'til I'm 16!! Is she for real?! Oh, yes she sure is! And that's outrageous! When I complained to my dad, he said 16 at minimum!! What?! I know 6-year-olds who date!! I feel like a loser. What's so bad about a 14 or 15 year old going on an innocent lil' date? Lynae P.

by amyrose99 on 1/11/2012 5:53:42 PM

Hey Mellamooluvu, instead of going for a small bikini top, get a tankini. A tankini just looks like a halter top but one made out of swimsuit material. Delias.com have some really cute ones, so check them out. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
so i know i have a while to go before swimsuit season but this year i really want to start wearing bikini's, i've been getting my body in shape so i look AMAZING but i have a problem when i was born i have my 2 normal boobs but then right underneath where my bra ends i have another one. It doesnt grow or anything it looked the same my whole life but it does look like it have a nipple on it and you can tell it aint just a birth mark. so what can i do to hide it????? Lynae P.

by Mellamooluvu104 on 1/11/2012 5:33:09 PM

That was some pretty short advice!!

by svds on 1/11/2012 5:31:20 PM

Eleven is really young. Wait until middle school hun Smile

by Malgal22 on 1/11/2012 5:30:51 PM

When I was in 6th grade people would say that there "Dating" when there really not they just say they are. It really made a lot of drama and was not worth it because I lost a lot of friends

by volleyballlovergirlie on 1/11/2012 5:22:18 PM

All girls want to date during 6th grade, but they never last long. Stick to just being friends with boys. Trust me, just hang more with your besties. Laughing

by Terra Rose♥ on 1/11/2012 5:08:32 PM

I still don't date and I am turning 15 soon. It's ok, it will happen when it is meant too. You will know it.

by topchef88 on 1/11/2012 4:57:47 PM

Hey uni301, if you think you can handle it and want to do it, go for it. You are obviously smart enough to handle such a challenging course, so yeah try it. Good luck! Xoxo

MODMODMOD!!
Ok, so I'm going into highschool next year (I think that means Im gonna be a freshman), and I'm currently in advance social studies, which is American History/Govenment class. We're getting high school course selection sheets, and ssince Im in advanced, my SS teacher said that he would be recommending everyone in my class for at least Honors Government, and only a few for AP. Well, my SS teacher took me aside today, and told me that he would be recommening me for AP Government, along with a few other people in another class, so I think that means Im the only one in my class being recommended for AP. My BFF says that Im gonna be under alot of stress next year, because my teacher says that AP is a challenge; there are quizes every day, and that you have to do work over the summer. Which frankly, sounds just fine to me. Since Im only gonna be a Freshman, do you think I should do it, or do you think it'll be too much stress? Thanks! Lynae P.

by uni301 on 1/11/2012 4:57:39 PM

I think 11 is too young to be serious about someone but just to be friends with a boy is fine. I wasnt allowed to even think about boys at that age even though I was. But have fun doing other things, one of my friends sisters who is 11 just got her a bf and her mom doesnt mind, my mom is 100% against it.

Dont fall into doing things too young with boys, we hear stories and some of it is sad and even disgusting what we hear about so just wait. Most of us on gl probably started dated much when we were much older.

by luckykel on 1/11/2012 4:41:13 PM

Hey blaisejj, he was probably kissing all those girls because he wasn't in a serious relationship with anyone. Once he meets that one girl who he wants to be committed and faithful too, he'll stop kissing around. So the more you two talk, he'll realize that's you, so you defintely still have a chance. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
soo i was just on fb and my bgf/kind of crush has mono so i just chatted him and asked who he kissed and he said he doesn't remember . it sounds like he has kissed so many girls. i haven't even had my first kiss. what do i do now i feel like i won't even have a chance now( he is a popular) Lynae P.

by blaisejj on 1/11/2012 4:07:18 PM

This is a crazy world more than I ever knew when I was youger. I feel so left out, not because my mom wont let me date. Not because i WANT to grow up, but because maybe i'm the only one who DOESN'T. I don't know about you, but I wish I could be younger, niave, and 100% optimistic. I wish I could say "EWW, Boys have germs!!" instead of saying, "Gosh, I really wish I had a boyfriend." I want to run around and be free instead of do Algebra homework. I want to see the world as one big oppertunity instead of wonder if I'm gonna make it someday. I want it to be cute when I make a mistake instead of being yelled at. I want to be a kid again, honestly. I'm 13, in eighth grade and to be truthful, I want to go back to being 11, not to the High School next year!! So for any girl out there who's 11 or 12 or even younger who wants to date, please consider what I'm saying. Take my advice. Growing up isn't all it's worked up to be. So stay a kid and ENJOY IT for God's sake!!!!!!!!!!!! Please....

by jennifer0709 on 1/11/2012 3:40:23 PM

-Making money
-Health
-Books and writing
-Feeling good
-Decorating
-Baking and cooking
And anything you can possibly think of!!! Just comment on my profile and I will get back to you ASAP.
XOXO, Kayla

by kayla9 on 1/11/2012 3:06:49 PM

Eleven is a tad bit young, but then again, it really isn't all that real. I'm almost 16 and I just started dating.

by mirror image on 1/11/2012 2:46:53 PM

I think eleven is young, and i think u should be 13 or 14Smile But, thats me so... And a lot of girls my age date, but it lasts for about a week. so whats the point?

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 1/11/2012 2:23:43 PM

I'm 11 too. Some kids in my grade date but stuff goes on with them that should not happen until they are WAY older. Like they get cheated on, and stuff like that. Trust me. Do. Not. Date.

by katgrace11 on 1/11/2012 1:57:55 PM

@Eilz001
that is the same thing i have to do!
but 11 is just a lil too young. maybe 13 or 14

by j4zm09 on 1/11/2012 12:31:02 PM

that is pretty young, I'm 14 and don't have a BF, though Iv'e never had this talk with my parent... but thats not my point, my point is that you don't need a guy to live a normal life,
just get your mind off of it, do some other activity, then in a few years bring the subject up again and your moms answer might change ;)

by horselover408 on 1/11/2012 12:24:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 13 and I have the same exact problem, my mom says I can date if she likes the boy, but my dad is a different story. How do my mom and I convince my dad to let me date? I know he doesn't want to lose his little girl but I really want to date!

Hey girl! If you want to show your dad that you can date a boy have your dad meet him and see how great of a guy he really is. If he likes your guy then he will trust you to go out with him.
Ana D.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 1/11/2012 12:12:16 PM

I'm tweleve and im allowed to date if my mom likes the guy so maybe you should try to comprimmise with her...

by Knerdalicious on 1/11/2012 10:29:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
My BGF who's dating wants to go out with my BFF, but I'm afraid it will go badly. What should I do?

hey girl! If they like each other there is nothing you can do to change it. You cant control their lives and tell them what to do. Just hope for the best and when it does end encourage them to try and be friends so that you all can still hang out again.
Ana D.

by girlygirl/tomboy on 1/11/2012 9:55:26 AM

11 is a little young. honestly, "going out". even when, middle schooles go out, its texting and sitting with each other for lunch. I think parents dont understand that, we don't really go out or "date" until high school, for the majority of us. So, to there view of what is dating and ours is normally pretty off. That means, we dont date like they think we would until we r as old as they want. That is, for most of us. there are some earlier bloomers if i can put it that way

by hahaha2005 on 1/11/2012 9:44:38 AM

I'm 15 (ima be 16 in a few months) n I have a bf, but I can't tell anyone in my fam bout it cos they'll kill me, cos I'm "too young" apparently.. Frown
So dnt feel upset if ur only 11 n ur not allowed to date Smile