5 HOURS AGO RT @kelliberglund: So this insane basket of candy from @girlslifemag will be the death of me 🍭🍉 is this a good or bad thing..? http://t.cpic.twitter.com/JZOK8EZ3IB/…

6 HOURS AGO So you have an online crush—now what? http://t.co/eBmMKqi04G

9 HOURS AGO Rock earrings—without the piercing part: http://t.co/rbL8f0elte

COMMENTS

GL's 60-second secret to snacking right

Quick Q: How can I eat healthy when I’m tempted to gobble up my fave foods?

For as long as I can remember I have been trying to get fit. I've even made full books with diet and workout plans! I dont know why, but I just cant keep to any diet. And when I go to snack I eat what ever then feel guilty(haha). I but healthy food but I just cant bring my self to eat the fruits and veggies instead of grabbing the box of cheese-its. I know how cliche it sounds, but help! Please? Smile

by GirlsSoccerLife on 3/13/2012 10:44:56 PM

Mod Mod Mod! im a chocoholic! im fine normally but when i go 2 my dads i eat tonsa chocolate cuz he always has some in the house! how do i stop???

Hey swimminchica, you just have to force yourself to stop eating the chocolate. Ask your dad to hide it when you come over. That way if you can't control your urges, you won't be able to find the chocolate. Good luck! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by swimminchica on 2/4/2012 5:42:30 PM

i now oficially hate eating thanks to gl !!!! check out emrconstructionemr.webs.com

by tuesday33 on 1/31/2012 7:42:12 PM

Hey Chicas!(: Need Advice? I'm here for U, girlies! Nothing is too embarrassing to ask(: I give advice on Boys, Fashion, Beauty, Money-Making, Friend Problems, Baking, Growing Up, Hair Styles, Makeup, Drama, School, Music, Studying, Getting Good Grades, and SO much more!(: So head over to my Advice Queen Page & Plz become a Fan!<3
Luv,
Madi(:

by *MusicGirl16* on 1/30/2012 10:40:11 PM

ok so whats hilairious about this is that one night when me and my 2 besties were playing just dance we got hungry and grabbed 3 packs of cookies from the counter and ate them all we were up til like 2 in the morning!!!!

by tampagirl<3 on 1/30/2012 7:51:15 PM

I'm 14 years old and weigh 114. My BMI is just over the over weight line. I just started on 1/27/12 doing softball conditioning, so I have my workouts, but its my eating. I eat great healthy meals, but its my snacking. I am more than picky. I don't like trying things to new unless its similar to something I already have tried. I like sweets but i'm afraid that the low or non sugar foods will taste bad. What are some delicious low calorie affordable snacks I can suggest my dad in getting? I'm picky and he's cheap Laughing. Thnx

I suggest you eat more fruits and vegetables for snacks. Theyre healthy and always taste good Smile good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 1/29/2012 7:26:11 PM

I HAVE THESE LITTLE PIMPLEY BUMPS ON MY ARMS THE ARE ALL FULL OF PUSS AND I HAVE A BAD HABIT OF PICKING AT THEM. IM STARTING TO GET SCARES FROM SCRACHING THEM AND POPPING THEM ALL THE TIME
HOW DO I GET RID OF MY BAD HABIT AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THE STUPID LIL BUMPS

by 2-cute-2-b-true on 1/28/2012 6:15:25 PM

MOD
Well, I just went bathing suit shopping yesterday, and I always feel fat. I was with my cusions, and our friend, and we ended up buying a lot of candy, I ate a lot, and then I felt guilty. Do I have binge eating disorder?

Hey girl,

It's fine to treat yourself once in a while if you're usually eating right and exercising. If you think you have an eating disorder, it's important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a teacher, guidance counselor, doctor or older family member right away. Check out this post, which has hotlines and resources with more info. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx
Meghan D.

by sunnybubbles on 1/28/2012 10:56:50 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod,
Ok so I was wondering how to resist food cravings. So Today I ate a lot! A breakfast sandwich, yogurt, apple, half a cookie, a bite of cupcake, pasta, croquetes, meatball sub, chocolate, and Pizza. Today I ATE ALOT! I;m still hungry I normally eat a breakfast sandwich pretzels and few nibbles of things here and there cereal and diner. Am I having a growth spurt? How do I stop cravings and do you think I'm fat? I'm 5'2 __ pounds, and on the muscle scale pretty mussily! Thanks for the help!!!!

Hey girl,

We're not qualified to tell you whether or not your weight is healthy. If you're concerned, that's a question for your doctor! He/she is a professional and can tell you what a healthy range is for your height. As for cravings, it's all about making better choices. It's not horrible to snack throughout the day, but instead of choosing cookies, pizza, chocolate, cupcakes, etc., choose more responsible things. A handful of almonds, a yogurt cup, a granola bar, some chopped carrots with ranch dressing, dried fruit, a piece of actual fruit, a hard boiled egg...these are ALL healthier and won't make you feel as guilty! And still totally yummy! Let yourself indulge a little each week so you don't feel deprived. And stick with it! Every time you crave a snack, ask yourself: am I hungry? Is my stomach rumbling? Chances are it's not, so use willpower and talk yourself out of making bad choices. You can do it!!
Lauren C.

by topez12 on 1/27/2012 8:49:18 PM

I'm terrible at math, and it doesn't help that my math teacher hates me!!! For the new semester I reeeeally want to do better and build a better relationship with her tips?

Hey girl,

Try reading this article about teacher troubles. Take those tips to make the situation better and I think you'll start next semester on a better foot!
Lauren C.