14 HOURS AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

15 HOURS AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

16 HOURS AGO The shocking truth about flu shots: http://t.co/LX6Niz48FW

COMMENTS

GL's 60-second secret to snacking right

Quick Q: How can I eat healthy when I’m tempted to gobble up my fave foods?

For as long as I can remember I have been trying to get fit. I've even made full books with diet and workout plans! I dont know why, but I just cant keep to any diet. And when I go to snack I eat what ever then feel guilty(haha). I but healthy food but I just cant bring my self to eat the fruits and veggies instead of grabbing the box of cheese-its. I know how cliche it sounds, but help! Please? Smile

by GirlsSoccerLife on 3/13/2012 10:44:56 PM

Mod Mod Mod! im a chocoholic! im fine normally but when i go 2 my dads i eat tonsa chocolate cuz he always has some in the house! how do i stop???

Hey swimminchica, you just have to force yourself to stop eating the chocolate. Ask your dad to hide it when you come over. That way if you can't control your urges, you won't be able to find the chocolate. Good luck! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by swimminchica on 2/4/2012 5:42:30 PM

i now oficially hate eating thanks to gl !!!! check out emrconstructionemr.webs.com

by tuesday33 on 1/31/2012 7:42:12 PM

Hey Chicas!(: Need Advice? I'm here for U, girlies! Nothing is too embarrassing to ask(: I give advice on Boys, Fashion, Beauty, Money-Making, Friend Problems, Baking, Growing Up, Hair Styles, Makeup, Drama, School, Music, Studying, Getting Good Grades, and SO much more!(: So head over to my Advice Queen Page & Plz become a Fan!<3
Luv,
Madi(:

by *MusicGirl16* on 1/30/2012 10:40:11 PM

ok so whats hilairious about this is that one night when me and my 2 besties were playing just dance we got hungry and grabbed 3 packs of cookies from the counter and ate them all we were up til like 2 in the morning!!!!

by tampagirl<3 on 1/30/2012 7:51:15 PM

I'm 14 years old and weigh 114. My BMI is just over the over weight line. I just started on 1/27/12 doing softball conditioning, so I have my workouts, but its my eating. I eat great healthy meals, but its my snacking. I am more than picky. I don't like trying things to new unless its similar to something I already have tried. I like sweets but i'm afraid that the low or non sugar foods will taste bad. What are some delicious low calorie affordable snacks I can suggest my dad in getting? I'm picky and he's cheap Laughing. Thnx

I suggest you eat more fruits and vegetables for snacks. Theyre healthy and always taste good Smile good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 1/29/2012 7:26:11 PM

I HAVE THESE LITTLE PIMPLEY BUMPS ON MY ARMS THE ARE ALL FULL OF PUSS AND I HAVE A BAD HABIT OF PICKING AT THEM. IM STARTING TO GET SCARES FROM SCRACHING THEM AND POPPING THEM ALL THE TIME
HOW DO I GET RID OF MY BAD HABIT AND MORE IMPORTANTLY THE STUPID LIL BUMPS

by 2-cute-2-b-true on 1/28/2012 6:15:25 PM

MOD
Well, I just went bathing suit shopping yesterday, and I always feel fat. I was with my cusions, and our friend, and we ended up buying a lot of candy, I ate a lot, and then I felt guilty. Do I have binge eating disorder?

Hey girl,

It's fine to treat yourself once in a while if you're usually eating right and exercising. If you think you have an eating disorder, it's important that you speak to a trusted adult, such as a teacher, guidance counselor, doctor or older family member right away. Check out this post, which has hotlines and resources with more info. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx
Meghan D.

by sunnybubbles on 1/28/2012 10:56:50 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod,
Ok so I was wondering how to resist food cravings. So Today I ate a lot! A breakfast sandwich, yogurt, apple, half a cookie, a bite of cupcake, pasta, croquetes, meatball sub, chocolate, and Pizza. Today I ATE ALOT! I;m still hungry I normally eat a breakfast sandwich pretzels and few nibbles of things here and there cereal and diner. Am I having a growth spurt? How do I stop cravings and do you think I'm fat? I'm 5'2 __ pounds, and on the muscle scale pretty mussily! Thanks for the help!!!!

Hey girl,

We're not qualified to tell you whether or not your weight is healthy. If you're concerned, that's a question for your doctor! He/she is a professional and can tell you what a healthy range is for your height. As for cravings, it's all about making better choices. It's not horrible to snack throughout the day, but instead of choosing cookies, pizza, chocolate, cupcakes, etc., choose more responsible things. A handful of almonds, a yogurt cup, a granola bar, some chopped carrots with ranch dressing, dried fruit, a piece of actual fruit, a hard boiled egg...these are ALL healthier and won't make you feel as guilty! And still totally yummy! Let yourself indulge a little each week so you don't feel deprived. And stick with it! Every time you crave a snack, ask yourself: am I hungry? Is my stomach rumbling? Chances are it's not, so use willpower and talk yourself out of making bad choices. You can do it!!
Lauren C.

by topez12 on 1/27/2012 8:49:18 PM

I'm terrible at math, and it doesn't help that my math teacher hates me!!! For the new semester I reeeeally want to do better and build a better relationship with her tips?

Hey girl,

Try reading this article about teacher troubles. Take those tips to make the situation better and I think you'll start next semester on a better foot!
Lauren C.

by hermione&ron on 1/19/2012 6:11:13 PM

I know I haven't posted a question for a long long time!! Smile Well I'm back and I have a new question for ya'll!!
Do you have a boyfriend? If so, how long have you been going out? What age do you think people should start dating? And how should you tell your parents your dating?
If you want to answer be sure to answer on my profile!

by Joe7197 on 1/19/2012 4:51:34 PM

Hey New_York_City, I have been answering questions for a while and this is the first one I've seen from you. I apologize for taking so long to respond but there have been a lot of comments tonight, and I want to respond to everyone. What is your question, I'd be glad to help you put. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
How many times to I need to type MOD for you guys to see it? I've seen some people do it only 3 times but some people do it about 10 times! So I don't know what to type!
~New_York_City Lynae P.

by New_York_City on 1/18/2012 7:26:06 PM

Hey girlies! I'm Rosellen, and I'm a girlslife advice queen! Ask me advice on (and I mean it!) ANYTHING you have questions on! Any trouble you have, I'm totally here to help ya through it chicas! I answer everything from family trouble to boy drama, from shopping advice to friend trouble! Absolutely nothing will remain unanswered! Post your question on one of my advice clubs and I'll post the answer to your profile ASAP!
Ask away, and I hope you see you join my club!
Love ya bunches!
Xoxo
~ Rosellen Smile

by ziirnn on 1/18/2012 6:55:11 PM

Hey kayla9, I think blunt bangs would look great on you. Check out this link for pics. xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm thinking about getting bangs but I'm not sure what type of bangs would look good on me: I've got an oval face, layered, straight, fine, brown hair and I'm tall. Any ideas? Thanks Smile ! Lynae P.

by kayla9 on 1/18/2012 6:46:58 PM

Some things that you could ask your parents to put on the shopping list could include your favorite fruit, granola bars, nuts (like almonds), or yogurt. I really like mixing fruit and yogurt together to make a smoothie. It's healthy and delicious!

by 98Snickers on 1/18/2012 6:45:47 PM

modmodmodmod i have basketball practice tonight thats fine but i have a headach and kind of a stomacach and i dont think my parents will let stay

by millia7 on 1/18/2012 5:58:58 PM

Smart! Most people have this problem Smile

by svds on 1/18/2012 5:22:26 PM

thank you! this helped me a lot!(btw i love the hair on the girl!)

by peewee83 on 1/18/2012 4:40:46 PM

i love these tips! thanks GL!!! : )

by iloveballet&singing on 1/18/2012 4:01:18 PM

Hey girls! Are you looking for serious advice from someone who truly understands you? check out my advice queen page! For help on anything you need! Really! I'm on GL a lot, so expect your answers coming in in less than 24 hours!

Have a fun day!

*A_good_life*

by *a_good_life* on 1/18/2012 3:40:20 PM

Hey Emily241997, mhmm I'm not sure which move would be right. On the one hand you two aren't close anymore so it would be okay to go after him. On the other, they sound like they're really close to each other, so they could still be interested in one another and working towards a romantic relationship. Try subtly flirting with him and see where it ges. If he's reacting and flirting back then pursue him. If not I would let him go. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Mod Mod Mod
I was super super good friends with a girl let's call her Anna in elementary but for middle school i switched schools and she liked a guy, Sam, in grade 7. We're in highschool together now. I'm not sure if she still has feelings for Sam and i'm not close enough friends with her to ask her. I really like Sam though. He seem super nice.I don't want to hurt her feelings, if she does still like him. Would it be okay to flirt with Sam? And if you think so how could I get to know him without looking desperate for him? (btw Sam and Anna hang out all the time and are pretty good friends now ) Thanks <3 Lynae P.

by Emily241997 on 1/18/2012 3:24:27 PM

Hey purplefanastic1169, create an eating scheldue for yourself. Set times for your morning, lunch and dinner meals. Also insert times for snacks, this way you'll keep yourself on track. Hope this helps! Xoxo

My eating schedule has gotten really out of hand lately. I would survive on a diet of chewing gum and "zero" soda for two days, and then completely pig out on the third. How do I stop? Lynae P.

by purplefantastic1169 on 1/18/2012 8:15:05 AM