1 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

4 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

5 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Is yoga safe?

Follow our number-one rule, and you’ll be pose-perfect…

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
i've been trying to exercise more but i have this trouble spot. it's just beneath my butt, on the tops of my legs and when i stand up, it sort of goes out to the side. what kind of exercises would you recommend for that spot? and also in between my legs, at the top?
thanks soooooo much!

Hey girlie,

You definitely want to focus on cardio to burn fat and get your bod in shape. Running, kickboxing, biking, swimming, etc. can all really help tone your whole body! Next, I'd try an exercise class like pilates. It helps target your core and all parts of your legs to give you long, lean muscle toning. It'll help get those "problem areas" and also get you feeling great! Stick with it and be patient - you'll see (and more importantly, FEEL) results after a while Smile
Lauren C.

by drpeppa23 on 1/19/2012 5:46:30 PM

True!!

by svds on 1/19/2012 5:32:24 PM

True GL!From my yoga exoerience and lots of dance experience,never push yourself too far.It's one thing to challenge yourself a little but going outside your comfort zone can be harmful!I know from experience!

by baconlvr711 on 1/19/2012 4:56:17 PM

I know I haven't posted a question for a long long time!! Smile Well I'm back and I have a new question for ya'll!!
Do you have a boyfriend? If so, how long have you been going out? What age do you think people should start dating? And how should you tell your parents your dating?
If you want to answer be sure to answer on my profile!

by Joe7197 on 1/19/2012 4:49:27 PM

GL is SO TRUE! I was trying to do a pose where I stood on my hands with my feet a few inches off the ground (I had never taken classes. I was doing this from a book.) and I landed on my head a few times. There was a pillow in front of me and I landed on it, but between that and a couple other things I ended up spraining my neck. I was lucky I didn't break it.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 1/19/2012 3:31:27 PM

by Princess Keziyah on 1/19/2012 10:52:08 AM

I am trying to be able to get both legs behind my head, I practice everyday and I'll hopefully be able to get them over my head by the end of 2012! Smile

by New_York_City on 1/19/2012 10:34:27 AM

Heyy chicas! Smile I do yoga 2x a week, and as long as you don't get all competitive about it you def won't get hurt. Just remember it's all about going at your own pace and doing what feels good to your body. Listen to the teacher, but don't pay too much attention to what people are doing around you so that you won't start thinking "Oh no!! I need to go into a split or a headstand because that's what everyone else is doing!" even if you know it will hurt. Smile Namaste, everyone!

by ArtChic on 1/19/2012 10:03:50 AM