43 MINUTES AGO 3x #BellaThorne looked flawless in an updo: http://t.co/IKtgTwrut1

1 HOURS AGO Why "Computer Engineer Barbie" failed miserably: http://t.co/nqF4Fpckgf

COMMENTS

Snag our fave Golden Globes updo in 6 steps

A how-to from the star's stylist.

i'm going to a friend's bat mitzvah tonight. I have a dress, earrings, and bracelets to wear, and i gave myself a french manicure Smile the question is, what should i do with my hair? i like to dance, but i think i look better with my hair down. thx!

Hey girlie,

Start with your hair down! It'll look great in pictures, make you feel very confident, etc. Then if you start dancing and getting a lil sweaty as the night goes on, reach into your purse and grab a hair tie - pull into a sleek high ponytail and voila, you'll have two totally different looks in one night AND you'll stay cool Smile
Lauren C.

by Kass247 on 5/27/2012 9:32:49 AM

MODMODMOD
so I am getting my hair cut tuesday and I don't want anything that i have to do a lot to (Low maintinence), and I have fine, thin hair and a long face, so I was thinking shoulder length hair with bangs/side bangs/whatever they're called. my hair is blonde. I was thinking something like the Profile picture i have, if that helps. I just want to know if that would look good? I don't want to look like a boy though, since i am sorta flat chested. or if there is a better hairstyle for someone like me?

Hey girlie,

That sounds really cute! If you don't want to look like a boy, keep the hair long (shoulder length is perfect). And if you don't want a lot of maintenance, do NOT get straight-across bangs - stick with side swept bangs and you'll be good to go Smile
Lauren C.

by bunnehz on 2/5/2012 10:08:34 AM

so me my crush and some friends are all going to this dance outside of school a couple days before V-day, and I don't know what kind of hair styles will look good with my dress(its a black strapless with pink kiss prints on it)
please help!

Hey girlie,

Cute dress! I'd probably wear my hair in a sleek high ponytail or a low romantic bun, maybe with some curly pieces loose in the front. It all depends if you want a soft look or a more dramatic look Smile
Lauren C.

by Blackkrose on 2/2/2012 5:23:49 PM

I wanna get a fashion color extension in my hair. I don't know what color. I have dark brown hair. Suggestions on what color?

Hey girl, I have dark hair and went with a blue extension. It was still really cool but classy at the same time. I had it hidden under some strands of hair so it wasn't just sticking out all the time.

lauren r.

by Lexydoodles on 1/28/2012 4:13:08 PM

HI! So I have looooong kinda wavy light brown hair with no bangs or layers. yah i know kinda boring. Smile i think my hair looks best to the side which makes me think if i should get side bangs... So should i get side bangs and if not what else can i do with my hair that will look good?

Hey girl,

Side bangs can be super fun, but if you're not sure if you'll like them, ask a hair stylist for their professional opinion before she starts snippin'! She'll also have other tips for you since she knows tons about hair!

Meghan D.

by sophiabest1 on 1/28/2012 10:39:22 AM

Hey jmktwalshgirl, high ponytails are my fave. A bun, side braid,or wearing your hair half up, half down would be cute and quick. Throwing a hair accessory in your hair would work too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I need a really quick hairstyle... What is an easy one for rushed school mornings? Another thing... Would a ponytail look good if it was put high? Like, REALLY high? Lynae P.

by jmtkwalshgirl on 1/27/2012 8:20:12 PM

Thanks Lynae P.!

by Gabriella123 on 1/22/2012 8:23:13 AM

Hey Gabriella123, a low side ponytail or braid, messy bun, and wearing your hair half up half down would look cute. Hope this helps! Xoxo

My hair looks best with my side bangs parted to the right. What kind of hairstyles look cute with side bangs. My one friend loves my hair when it's up with my bangs, but I don't want to wear a pony tail my whole life! Lynae P.

by Gabriella123 on 1/21/2012 8:35:47 PM

Hey Duffawuff, I think blunt bangs will look good on you. Bangs going straight across your face will get you an edgy yet soft look. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok, I always needed help with this, but I dont know who to ask!! Please help!!
Alright, so I haven't gotten my hair trimmed since october, and ive had the same style since like 2009. Ya, its pretty boring too. All it is is kinda long, and falls around the middle of my back, and I have layers, like 2. One falls right below my jawline and the other one right in between that one and the rest. I have side bangs that fall down to my lip, and are swept from left to right. I have a pretty round face I guess. I have chipmunk cheeks and my chin isn't so round, it has a soft triangle edge to it. Im getting a haircut today and I really don't know what to ask for! I want it to look kinda edgy/sharp but pretty and casual at the same time. Please help. Oh and I have dark brown hair with blondish peekaboo highlights. I don't want short hair thoug, i wanna grow it out. I just feel like I need a change. Please help! And thank you soooooooo much!!! <3 xx Lynae P.

by Duffawuff on 1/21/2012 4:24:11 PM

MODMODMOD
ok so in a few weeks im going across the country with my track team for a track competition!! Im really excited but im just a little bit scared because there wont be any adults in the hotel rooms with us and im worried that one of the people im in the room with invites like boys or brings alchohol or something bad i dont wanna happen!! Tong if one of these things were to happen what should i do?? Frown Thanks!!

Hey girlie,

I totally understand where you're coming from! But just remember: you don't need to put yourself in any situations that make you feel uncomfy. If someone does bring alcohol or invites boys over and you feel weird, just excuse yourself. Go to another a room to hang out with them, hop on the phone with your bestie back home, or check out the hotel's vending machine situation. If it gets really out of control, you can tell your chaperone in their room - discreetly and without anyone else knowing it was you, of course! It's your trip too, so don't feel like you have to be forced into any situations. You should totally have fun!!!! Smile
Lauren C.