1 HOURS AGO Sneak a peek at your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/9XlQA9FGQg

2 HOURS AGO Celebs aren't the only ones who can get away with tights and shorts: http://t.co/MGug4WMOI1

3 HOURS AGO Need a mood booster? Here's 10 to help you get your smile on: http://t.co/U5e6lYC5Rv

COMMENTS

Co-ed party dos and don'ts

Throwing your first boy-girl bash? Don’t fret! Here are 10 rules to make it rock…

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My birthday is coming up soon and I can either have a party with <15 people or take one friend to the beach. I really want to have a party but the problem is, I have alot of different "friend groups". I have my science olympiad friends: 2 of my best guy friends in the world, my popular friends, and my sorta-punk/goth friends. My mom likes them all and she doesnt care who I invite but I don't want the science guys to just sit there the whole time because the popular ones dont accept them or something like that. I really don't know what to do so please help Smile

Hey girlie,

I can't see why they wouldn't get along alright.  Especially as long as you invited more than one person from each group.
Jordan S.

by awtechnofish on 3/31/2012 6:01:37 PM

MOD!! I'm having 9 people over for a movie night-guys and girls-and I'm not sure what movies to rent and watch! We do have neflix and can always go to a redbox or blockbuster or whatever, but I need some good comedies or even romantic movies, as long as the guys won't get bored. Please help! and thank you Smile(pg-13 highest rating, so no R's please!)

Hey girl! Sounds like it will be a fun night! I would check out some of the new releases on your Netflix que and get a couple of options! Footloose, Jack and Jill, and Puss in Boots have recently come to DVD (I actually loved Puss in Boots and thought it was hilarious for an animated film!), so they all could be good options. The Benchwarmers, Rush Hour, or a movie with Will Ferrell might be a good one to watch with the guys (just ask your parents first to make sure they approve!). Hope you have a blast!

Colleen K.

by veggigurl on 3/12/2012 3:00:16 AM

So i was thinkin of having a co-ed bday party but i don't know kind of what to do for that.. can you give me some ideas of wat to do
if it helps my bday is in may

by favcolorgreen on 3/10/2012 6:18:06 PM

***MOD***
So in the summer I was thinking of having a Co-ed campout at a provincial ar down the road. What do you recomend I do?
Thx, SuperSavvy

Hey girly! Classic games like charades or capture the flag are always fun and everyone can play. And for night time, don't forget the always popular spin the bottle, and nothing is more romantic than a kiss around the campfire
Ana D.

by SuperSavvy on 3/9/2012 9:35:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I sent in a problem asking for advice, but i havn't gotten a reply. how long should i wait?

Hey girl,

When mods are busy, it can take a little longer than normal to answer your questions! I don't see any comments with your username waiting, though, so if you'd like to resend I'll answer asap!

Meghan D.

by caimccle on 3/3/2012 11:22:44 AM

MOD!!
i'm having a joint sweet 16 with one of my friends, and instead of buying a big fancy birthday cake we decided to make cake pops. what should we do for candles though? one idea i had was just each of us having one taper candle to blow out, another idea was to have the candle lighting ceremony (first candle is for the parents, second is for siblings, etc.) but would our friends get bored if we did that?

Hey girl,

Individual taper candles sound like a great idea, and so does a ceremony! You could ask your friends before planning it to make sure they won't be bored, but it sounds fun to me!

Meghan D.

by ILUVMETROSTATION!!! on 3/3/2012 11:21:47 AM

I want a boy and girl party for my birthday but i dont think my parents will let me??

by girsrcool on 3/1/2012 6:57:55 PM

MOD! hey im having my birthday party its nightclub themed with guys and girls. itll have strobe lights and mocktails and my iPod blaring and were all 13ish. i need a way to invite people without them thinking 'oh its a theme party and thatll be lame' so yea any ideas? oh and guys will dress casual while girls dress like all sparkly and stuff. please and thank you for your help!

Hey veggigurl, let the invitation show the theme of the party. Instead of getting plain invites, look for ones that have a nightclub feel. Hit up arts and crafts stores, book stores, Target and Wal-Mart for some fun cards. You could even design your own online. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by veggigurl on 2/29/2012 7:00:17 PM

MODMODMOD MODMODMOD MODMODMOD MODMODMOD
I'm having a boy/girl party, and the theme is club masquerade. Everyone comes dressed for a club and at the door the get to choose masks. Do you have any tips/ ideas to make my party better? Please answer ASAP

Hey girlie,

That is so cool! You could have typical masquerade activities set up, like card games, a Ouija board, mask decorating, etc. Focus on black, silver, gold and red - the "usual" masquerade colors. You could set up an ice cream bar and decorate a corner of the room with draped fabric/twinkle lights as a place where people can take photos of themselves. Maybe karaoke? Get creative and think about what would be most fun for your friends!! <3
Lauren C.

by lemonade.mouth.luver on 2/9/2012 7:24:29 PM

Man, this caused me to look up "kissing" in the search box, and know I really want some sugar!

by potterandthedoctor on 2/4/2012 9:46:08 PM

MOD!!!!!!!!!! So i got my first boyfriend on tuesday, but we dont have any classes together so we only gget to talk in the halls, at lunch, and on facebook. On facebook we will talk forever and he'll call me beautiful and i feel so happy and i'm pretty sure he means that im beautiful cause he never dated anyone before either. But at school he barely talks to me and at lunch we sit with each other but he doesnt seem that into me. Should i break up with her or give it some time???????

Lynae P.

by luv798 on 1/20/2012 3:44:39 PM

Mod!! so i got my first bf on tuesday, but we dont have any classes together so we can only talk at lunch in the halls and on facebook. On facebook we will talk for forever and he will call me beautiful and im pretty sure he means it because he never dated anyone either. But in the halls he never really talks to me and at lunch he doesnt really seem like he likes me. I dont know id hes just really shy and wait or break up with him

Hey sweetie!

Some guys can be shy, so try to coax him out of his shell by talking with him and hanging out with him. If he's doing the hot and cold thing for too long, it just might be time to show him the door.

Krupali D.

by luv798 on 1/20/2012 3:02:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
What are some great sleepover ideas just for 2 people? The problem I'm having is we can't go anywhere. Any ideas?

A mani-pedi session and board games are some fun things do; click here for more sleepover suggestions.

Krupali D.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 1/20/2012 11:00:32 AM

I'm having my thirteenth birthday party in three weeks and This was really helpful! Thanks girlslife!

by katie020699 on 1/20/2012 7:46:37 AM

So, saturday I have honor band, it's a one day thing, and I paid a hundred dollars for a registration fee. I HAVE TO GO TO IT!! However, for two days I have had a sore throat, cough, and a weak stomach. How do I keep from getting sick????????!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Don't panic! You could feel super sick on Thursday and be totally fine by Saturday. Just take it easy: get lots of rest and/or sleep, drink orange juice to get vitamin D (it helps your immune system stay strong), drink tea with a small dollop of honey in it to soothe your throat, and eat soup/crackers when you feel like you can stomach it. Remember - TAKE IT EASY. If you treat yourself right and don't push yourself, you'll start feeling better soon <333
Lauren C.

by georgetownroad on 1/19/2012 10:36:27 PM

Cool, though I don't think I'll be having a party like that in a while.

by amileofroses on 1/19/2012 10:32:21 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
I like this guy. We talk casually in class. He's really popular, but really funny. He's the guy that every girl has liked at one point or another. He seems nicer this year, although we don't talk a lot, just in English. When my friend was putting contacts in my phone she put his number in there. Should I text him? I'm worried he would be freaked out or think I'm weird or annoying if I randomly text him.

Hey girlie,

It might be weird if you just text him something out of the blue like, "Hey, it's __your name__, what's up?" But if you have a reason to text him, it'll seem way less strange! Try coming up with a question (homework, about one of his major hobbies, etc.) to ask him. That way, you can start off with the same introduction, but follow it up with a way more specific question than "what's up" or "how are you." It'll be totally un-creepy Smile
Lauren C.

by Dancediva555 on 1/19/2012 9:26:53 PM

@Joe7197:
Yes. A couple days. i'd say fifth or sixth grade. I don't tell them.

by angelicjade on 1/19/2012 9:09:19 PM

What I always do at parties? I mingle dance and have fun with my guests!!

by lavlo on 1/19/2012 8:07:00 PM

wow um spin the bottle? no no no! why in the world did they suggest that?! im not gonna be going to a party that has that for loong time!

by fearless;) on 1/19/2012 8:03:35 PM

I am starting my own drama club. The problem is: (1) My friend has a drama club too.(2) I DONT HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR PLAYS! (enter scream) Can you help with any of these? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Part of being in a drama club is getting creative, so you have to sit down and work hard to think of play ideas. They won't just magically come to you! You have to be dedicated and write many plots before you get to one that could be turned into a full play. Try starting by thinking of specific characters and developing them like a real person, with hobbies, personality, looks, etc. Or you could write about a particular event instead. The most important thing is that you GET WRITING! You could also choose to adapt a play that has already been written...and in that case, you should get READING instead Smile As for your first question.. the best thing to do is grab a couple friends or fellow drama lovers to join you for your club. With a little support and help to spread the word, your club could grow and grow!
Lauren C.

by lemonade.mouth.luver on 1/19/2012 7:33:01 PM

My number-one rule is to always have music playing! It makes the party so much more fun!
Need advice? Well, I've got it! I can help you with anything from guy problems to friendship issues, school drama to body dilemmas, fashion Qs to money-making ideas. Whatever your question, I've got an answer! Just stop by my profile and leave a comment!

by supersingershannon on 1/19/2012 6:18:39 PM

Good ideas!

by svds on 1/19/2012 5:09:59 PM

I know I haven't posted a question for a long long time!! Smile Well I'm back and I have a new question for ya'll!!
Do you have a boyfriend? If so, how long have you been going out? What age do you think people should start dating? And how should you tell your parents your dating?
If you want to answer be sure to answer on my profile!

by Joe7197 on 1/19/2012 4:46:58 PM

*MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD
What is a good homemade recipe for dry thick frizzy hair? I normally straighten my hair then I don't wash it for 2 weeks. Is that bad? I really don't like my hair natural. I want it to be thinner, shinny and silky? Got any tips or recipes?
Thanks!!!

Hey chica!

Natural hair is beautiful; maybe it just needs some mousse or gel to get it to behave the way you like. I scoured the web for ya and found this site for some conditioner recipes

Krupali D.

by ninadasiy on 1/19/2012 4:16:41 PM

hey Smile so im gonna throw a co-ed party at my house for my 14th birthday. do you have any ideas on what activities i should have ( indoor and outdoor activities ) thanks in advance <3

Hey girl!

Here are some tips on co-ed parties. Good luck!

Krupali D.