3 HOURS AGO Are you and your BFFL too much alike!? Take the #quiz, and see if you're stuck in the clone zone: http://t.co/BpmROLyNcN

4 HOURS AGO Sneak a peek at your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/9XlQA9FGQg

5 HOURS AGO Celebs aren't the only ones who can get away with tights and shorts: http://t.co/MGug4WMOI1

COMMENTS

5 first date dos

The gotta-know tips for your V-Day outing.

mod mod mod mod
Okay well I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 15 and we were talking about valentines day. He hinted to me that he's getting me a necklace and I was not expecting that at all and now I have no idea what to get him! Do you have any ideas? He's way into theater and also loves the Mets...

Hey girlie,

That's so sweet! Try buying him a Mets baseball cap or tee shirt, then baking him some sweets (brownies? cookies?) and making a cute card. You could also snag a DVD of a production of his fave play/theater production and watch it with him, if that would make him happy! Smile Think about the things he loves and go from there!
Lauren C.

by swazyelover2497 on 1/28/2012 12:13:15 AM

MOD! What do i talk about with my crush on chat? There are always these super awkward silences where neither of us knows what to say,

Hey chica!

You could ask him what he likes to do in his spare time, what his favorite place to go on a weekend is, what you're into, musically, on tv, online or hobby-wise. If you'd like to hang out with him then when a thing both of you like doing comes up, such as go bowling or cook something, you could suggest doing that thing together sometime.

Krupali D.

by coccinelle4 on 1/26/2012 1:12:03 PM

Hey fedorachick189, no I don't think it's too early to hold hands. He's your boyfriend so why not. And maybe if you show more signs of affection, e will. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMOD
hey, so my "boyfriend" and I havn't quite declared our "thing" as an official relationship yet, but we've talked about PDA (lmao)and spending more time with each other instead of being awkward about everything...he's kinda nervous around me sometimes, so he's not too good at showing affection; do you think it would be a bit too pushy at this point if I tried to hold his hand? We're 14, still newbies at this, lol neither of us have been in a relationship or kissed before Lynae P.

by fedorachick189 on 1/25/2012 7:35:56 PM

Come to be bffs fashion blog for all things fashion!!!!

by hermione&ron on 1/25/2012 7:31:40 PM

MODD MOD MOD
so i kinda luv my neighbor, weve been nest friends 4ever. but he is like, 15 months younger than me. im 13 btw. his b-day is 2 days after valentines day. wat can i do that is sweet but not obviously flrity? pleeeez help i have no ideas.

Hey girlie,

Personally, I'd bake him something super sweet for a present! You've heard the phrase, "The way to a guy's heart is through his stomach." Well... it's kinda true! Bake up some tasty brownies, cupcakes, or whatever his fave sweet is. Give it to him with a fun birthday playlist or a birthday card Smile It'll be sweet and could be seen as a "friend" move, but will also hint at the crush you have on him Smile
Lauren C.

by k8luvscake on 1/21/2012 10:53:28 PM

So, I asked my parents about public school and they said YES! So.....my Qs
1) High School....how scary is it?
2) Have most high schoolers dated or had their first kiss? I want to be my bf's first everything.
3) Are all girls flirts or drama queens?
4)Do I have to wear new clothes everyday?

Hey girlie,

I went to public high school all four years! And trust me girl, it's not scary at all! It's can get a little stressful because the work can be hard and sometimes people start drama, but overall I had a blast. It's all what you make of it! Get involved in clubs, work hard in your classes, talk to your teachers and, most importantly, always talk to your classmates. Be social before class, in the cafeteria, during gym, etc. You'll make friends, get more comfy with being out-going, and will feel more confident! There will be SOME sassy girls that you wanna stay away from, but you will definitely find the girls who are meant to be your friends. You'll click with a group (you just gotta find them) and it'll be smooth sailin Smile The level of "experience" each boy has during high school will be different for each guy. Chances are, by 15 years old or so, a guy will have had his first kiss. But you never know! You could be his first GF, first kiss, etc. But it's not about that - it's about connecting with a guy, opening up and getting to know another person really well. And of course, having fun with him! Try not to focus on the numbers - instead, focus on trying new things, enjoying your dates, and being laid-back about it all. As for clothes.. DON'T WORRY about it! No one is keeping track of exactly what you're wearing. Personally, I didn't wear the same outfit in one week (5 days). But next week? I'd totally reuse my fave skirts, shirts, or dresses if I felt like it! Dress how you want Smile
Lauren C.

by ButterflyGirl18 on 1/21/2012 10:20:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
I always get nervous when I meet new guys and I try to see if I like them as a friend or something more. After getting to know the guy and seeing were I like him as a just friend I want to be able to hang out with him and invite him over, but I always feel weird asking a guy to my house even if more guys would be coming. How can I get over this fear? I am a freshman and it's even harder if the guy is older than me. I don't know why it just is. HELP!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

You're probably feeling nervous because you don't know him that well yet! Inviting him over to your house is kinda a big step, so give it some time and get to know him by talking in school, chatting online/through text, talking on the phone, and hanging out outside of school (movies, mall, bowling with a group of friends). Once you settle into a friendship, it'll be a lot easier to invite him over to your house - because it won't seem so weird or out of the blue! Smile
Lauren C.

by Pugglegirl1008 on 1/21/2012 9:49:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like I will never find love. I know I'm young and have plenty of time to find him, but if everyone has a perfect match somewhere out there then what do people do when their perfect match doesn't want someone? I just can't believe that there is a guy out there for me. I'm not that picky I just want a nice, loving, caring, proper guy.

Hey girlie,

Personally, I don't believe we only have ONE perfect match out there. I've dated a few different guys and they all made me happy - really genuinely happy - in different ways! Sure we didn't work out, but the fact that I was able to find someone after I broke up with my "first love" gave me faith that there are guys out there. But they're not gonna line up at your front door - some girls get luckier than others because they run into those guys faster/without trying as hard. You just gotta stick with it...and stop searching for it. If you try too hard to look for a crush, you'll constantly be disappointed. But if you just relax, go on with your life, take risks and try new things, then for some reason it seems like the guy always comes around Smile
Lauren C.

by Pugglegirl1008 on 1/21/2012 9:40:25 PM

I luv Valentine's Day......but I lost my valentine a long time ago....the pain is too much, I might not celebrate Valentine's Day this year...... :'(

by clem10 on 1/21/2012 9:02:03 PM

Hey coldplay12, no there isn't a specific weight. You're perfectly fine girl. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD! hey, how much should you weigh when you get your period because i am only 93 pounds and i already got my period. So, is there a specific weight or not?
<3 Lynae P.