1 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

2 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

3 HOURS AGO 5 book babes who had #awesomesauce summer jobs: http://t.co/fbg3ePO9v9

COMMENTS

5 first date dos

The gotta-know tips for your V-Day outing.

i really like this guy, his name is Joey.
He just got out of a relationship, and we've been getting closer recently(before they broke up, but not flirting) Like he pokes me in science and takes my jewlery to wear for a few hours, etc. I like him alot, and his friend, my kinda guy friend, keeps asking if i like him.
I want to tell him i like him, is that okay? they broke up 5 days ago, but shes already trying to ask another guy out and according to Joey's friend Joey doesnt miss his ex or anything.
Is it okay to tell him i like him? and i'm afraid to go out with him, i'm always so worried a guy will hurt me.

Hey girl,

There's no set amount of time to wait between relationships, so if he asks you out, go for it! You may get hurt, but you'll have to decide whether that chance is worth not entering what could be an awesome relationship. It may end badly, but it also might be amazing, so it's worth a try!

Meghan D.

by kelkellkelly on 1/21/2012 12:05:16 PM

Okay, there's this boy, we both like watching adventure time, we LOVE SCIENCE, he's in almost all of my classes, and I kind of like him. He's two days older than me but he's shorter. Everyone thinks would be a good couple, but he doesn't want to go out. What should I do? He's always flirting and I flirt back. The signals are getting confusing, I really need advice for this. I think he likes me.
<3 Thanks a bunches!

Hey girl,

If you like this guy, don't let height be a factor -- he can't help how tall he is, and it won't affect a relationship! If you think he likes you but you're not sure if he's ready for a relationship, just keep hanging out with him and see what happens!

Meghan D.

by cleopatra300 on 1/21/2012 11:47:57 AM

So I have a career project coming up, and we have to do a speech, and Im doing author. We have to have a quote to begin our speech; to be our attention getter. Do you think that this is an OK quote, or does it sound too tacky? Im onyl in 8th grade, so at of ppl are immature.
It’s a job. It’s not a hobby. You don’t write the way you build a model airplane. You have to sit down and work,
to schedule your time and stick to it. Even if it’s just for an hour or so each day, you have to get a moderater
and make the time. If you’re going to make writing succeed you have to approach it as a job."
— ROSELLEN BROWN

Hey girl,

I think this is a great quote, it's not tacky at all. Good luck on your project!

Meghan D.

by uni301 on 1/21/2012 11:44:28 AM

MOD MOD
I have a boyfriend and the dance was just last night. Of course I met up with him there and we danced together and had a really good time. Valentines day is coming up and I wanted to get him something really nice. He's so special to me and I feel like I need to show him how much he means to me. Any ideas on what i should get him? Also, how do I convince my parents to let us go out on a date even if it was with a group of people?

Hey girl,

Check out our February / March issue for tons of great Valentine's Day gift ideas. Here are two posts with super-cute gift ideas for your crush on Valentine's Day, too! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/10/Cheap-V-Day-prezzies-for-the-dude-of-your-dreams.aspx  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/02/09/V-Day-gifts-for-your-guy.aspx. As for your mom, try to win her trust by giving her specific places you'll be, who you'll be with and when you'll be home, and tell her you'll have your phone on at all times.
Meghan D.

by horse2468 on 1/21/2012 11:17:58 AM

How can I be nice to this guy that I want as a friend, without flirting with him?

Hey girl,

Treat him like you would treat any other friend, and if it seems like he likes you after you start hanging out, make sure he knows you only want to be friends.

Meghan D.

by uni301 on 1/21/2012 10:59:41 AM

MOD!!!
Ok so this is kinda complicated and a long story so sorry. My BGF and i used to sorta date over the summer, but than we broke up to spare our mutual friend's feelings. Since than we've been talking lots and flirting to. I dropped hints awhile back that i still liked him, but he told me he only liked me as a friend. Then just recently he's been wanting to hang out more and uping the flirting level. We were texting a couple of nights ago and i said "lol true ur like the nicest guy i know ;) but were just friends uve made that clear multiple times" He replyed saying "ya idk if there's any girl that i would want to date it would be you.. But i dont want a gf.. Idk u could change my mind ;D" What does he mean by that??? Does he want to go out with me or is he confused?? What do i do from here?? Should i hang out with him to see what happens???? Help!!

Hey girl,

It sounds like he likes you but isn't sure if he wants a relationship. There's no harm in hanging out with him -- if he says you could change his mind, maybe you will!

Meghan D.

by pati5dance on 1/21/2012 10:56:54 AM

Hey Chicas!!!!!!
Have a prob? Need Advice? Just need to vent your feelings? I'M THE GIRL YOU"RE LOOKING FOR!Smile I give advice on anything and everything and nothing is too embarrassing. Come on down to my advice queen page or my profile and you wont be dissappointed!!

by artistchic99 on 1/21/2012 10:53:32 AM

Great ideas!

by svds on 1/21/2012 10:24:09 AM

When I talk to a guy, what's the line between just being really friendly (and I don't like him), and flirting with him. Because I see this guy as a friend, but apparently, to other people, I act as if I like him, which I DONT. I don't even know what Im doing to make it look this way. I'm just acting normal.

Hey girl,

It doesn't matter what other people think, as long as you're not leading him on, so if he knows you're only friends and you're not being flirty, there's no reason you and him can't be pals!

Meghan D.

by uni301 on 1/21/2012 10:17:35 AM

I wish me and my BF weren't so shy when it came to this stuff. Sigh. Whatever!

Hey girls! Are you looking for serious advice from someone who truly understands you? check out my advice queen page! For help on anything you need! Really! I'm on GL a lot, so expect your answers coming in in less than 24 hours!

Have a fun day!