AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveAways 2 cuties can cover their walls with an http://t.co/1IXzvVgELI $250 shopping spree! @AllPosters #TooCute #WantThemAll...

1 HOURS AGO #BookClub: The story of one cute crush—told from 14 other people! We love #ALittleSomethingDifferent: http://t.co/orSadmBRgR #swoonreads

14 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

COMMENTS

Psst! Calling all super sitters

Do you have a babysitting biz? Then we’ve got the tool for you!

My little sister is a babysitter and she is only ten. is that a good age?

by ja3908 on 6/28/2012 12:25:17 AM

MOD MOD
I want to get a summer job but I don't know what jobs are available at 15. Any ideas?
Thanks!

hey! you should try to rustle up some babysitting jobs. here's how:

Helen S.

by shootforthemoon17 on 4/27/2012 7:46:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
im 12 years old and im a certified babysitter.i have like 250 cards my mom and i made on Vista Print but i dont know who to give them too! i cant put up signs and i cant give out the cards to strangers... how can i get more jobs? or is 12 too young?

Hey girlie,

I don't think 12 is too young, if you're confident, capable, certified, etc. Try talking to your mom and asking if she has coworkers, friends, extended family, or neighbors to give them to. Talk to your friends' parents too - they could have friends with small kids! Babysitting businesses work best if you spread them by word-of-mouth. That way, you're not babysitting for strangers, but you'll be able to reach more than just the people you know personally!
Lauren C.

by mcw3400 on 4/15/2012 1:27:58 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I was going to fill out that baby-sitting card thing, but I'm not sure what I should put in the 'About me' column?
Maybe like.. How many baby sitting job's Ive had?
I'm not sure..Tong

Hey Girlie,

Just tell a little bit about yourself. What are your hobbies? Do you have a nickname? What's you favorite color, food, game... Just make the card a bit more personal! Hope this helps Smile
alicia m.

by sawlly_cool on 4/12/2012 10:31:54 AM

so i am a certified baby sitter and people say i am awesome with kids but no one will hire me what should i do? i cant put fliers up , but what other option is there?

by sunnycheak101 on 3/29/2012 5:58:20 PM

I REALLY want to babysit, but I'm not sure I'm assertive enough. I might soon....

by Glitterheart16 on 3/16/2012 8:46:57 PM

OMG thank you sooo much Girls life!
First of all, I am in a babysitting course (graduating test tomorrow, wish me luck Smile ) and for homework for this class, we needed to make business cards. since I am sooo busy all the time, this was totally quick and easy! i love also though, how it can reflect your personality and how you can choose your colors!
thanks again!
-twilight*gurl Laughing

by twilight*gurl on 3/12/2012 5:55:46 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod!!
I can never get babysitting jobs! I'm fully qualifyed, but my babysitting instructor told us to NEVER post flyers because creepers can take your personal info and attack you or something. Any tips on how to get a gig?

Hey girl,  tell your parents to tell their friends. And your friends parents to tell theirs. It's all about networking.Maybe you can make business cards and hand them out to adults that you know?

lauren r.

by blacksandwitch on 3/7/2012 6:47:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!! I babysat my aunts kids once how do i tell my aunt i want to babysit again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl, just let her know that you had a good time babysitting her kids last time and you definitely would love to do it again!

lauren r.

by kaylagurl42 on 2/25/2012 1:39:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD! so im in 9th grade and we had tropical day and I wore...

Well first of all - it was just one outfit. Yes your shirt tied up around your waist was a little risque. But it was tropical day! Who cares. That outfit on a normal day might have been a bit weird...but it wasnt a normal day. Dont freak out about everyone thinking youre a "slut." Youre clearly not, so that will show through. Just be yourself from now on and avoid exposing your midrif and you should be fine Smile xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by rockerchick411 on 2/21/2012 5:14:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD ok so no matter how hard I try to babysit kids no matter how many flyers I put up and no matter how many times I ask my parents friends to babysit nobody ever wants me to babysit their kids and I don't look like a freak I look like any other 13 year old girl I'm even CPR certified and I've been to all the babysitting classes and I'm even a strait A student why doesn't anybody want me to be their babysitter?? And is ther anything that I can do to get them to want me to babysit their kids?

Hey girlie,

Do you act mature? Do you tell them all of your qualifications? Most likely, it's not because you "look like a freak" - it's just because you're talking to the wrong people, people who want older babysitters or who aren't comfortable with people watching their kids if they aren't family/super-trusted. No worries! You gotta stick with it, ask neighbors, spread the word through your friends, talk to other family friends, and try hard. It's never easy for anyone to start out, but you'll hit on a family that wants to give you a shot! Smile
Lauren C.

by supergirl345 on 2/16/2012 5:05:05 PM

Mod! I babysit two little brats! They think they can do whatever they want! There's a good pay so I don't leave. What can I do to teach them discipline without getting fired?

Hey Girl,

I know how frustrating babysitting can be! When I babysit, I make sure to stay with the same rules every day so that the kids get used to it. If I say no, I mean no and it's not going to be different if you ask me an hour/day/week later! Try to set strict rules for watching TV, going in time-out or having play dates. Kids are trying to get away with stuff, we all did, and they want to test you! Follow the 3 C's: Stay calm, confident and be consequent if they don't listen. Kids need rules to understand the difference between right and wrong and you all going have a much nicer time together once you get in the rhythm! Good luck Smile
alicia m.

by emmadi136 on 2/7/2012 3:29:26 AM

Hey izzygirl13, to submit a Blush Much story click this link and submit your story.

To get advice from Carol, send an email to GirlsLife addressed to Carol. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD!
How do I send in a Blush Much? story or something for Dear Carol? Can i do that? Lynae P.

by izzygirl13 on 1/27/2012 5:57:34 PM

Come to be bffs fashion blog for all things fashion!!!!

by hermione&ron on 1/25/2012 7:34:33 PM

I went to American red cross babysitting training and learned everything I need to know for babysitting....well I am twelve and I took the class this past summer.i really wanna start babysitting other people's kids but idk who to babysit and I can't put my info anywhere in public places because my dad won't let me because who knows who these people are?! What should I do because I have no one to babysitt and I really want to start ASAP and so plesse give me some good advice as soon as you read this!!(:

by Kathryn58 on 1/22/2012 5:46:10 PM

Hey Girlies!(: Come join my club Sassy Songwriters! This is a great club for all those girlies who LUV writing songs! Join for tips, ideas, or just to have a good time with other songwriters! We discuss all sorts of topics & Ask random questions for all of the members to answer! I would LUV for U to join! Thx!(:
XoXo,
Madi(:

by *MusicGirl16* on 1/21/2012 7:58:30 PM

Hey LadyyBugzz2188, get her to supervise you the first night you watch kids. Let her watch the way you handle and treat them. If you do a good job(which you will) she has to agree to let you start babysitting. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
I want to start baby sitting, but my mom says i'm still to young and I won't take it seriously.I'm 14!! I wish i could find a way to convince her i WILL take it seriously. I need help. What should I do?? Thanks in advance!! Laughing Lynae P.

by LadyyBuggz2188 on 1/21/2012 7:36:20 PM

by krazykotabug on 1/21/2012 6:59:08 PM

My mom doesn't approve of it it's soooooooooooooo sad and she won't let me see HUnger Games, which comes out on my BIRTHDAY!!

by TacoLoco1234 on 1/21/2012 6:45:53 PM

Hey smileybai13, get your friends and neighbors to spread the word too. Posting flyers around your community, school, and neighborhood might help too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMODMOD
I am very very ready for babysitting, but there is nearly nobody to babysit! Everybody that I could, my mom has mentioned to their parents, and they all say they might but never do.
How do I grow my buisiness? Why would I even use business cards? I live in a city so idk how to do it, I dont want a ton of personal info out there but I doubt parents would consider me without knowing about me. Help! Lynae P.

by smileybai13 on 1/21/2012 5:32:42 PM

Hey horselover408, ask your sister to let you help her babysit next time. After you do a good job she'll see that you're mature and ready to handle watching little ones. Get her to put in a good word for you and to reccomend people to you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I am 14 and I would love to babysit, but my problem is I have an older sister and if anybody needs a babysitter they ask her Tong
how can I show I am ready to babysit and get people to ask me to babysit for them???
thanks in advance <3 <3 <3 Lynae P.

by horselover408 on 1/21/2012 2:50:18 PM

Hey madisklogg, continue getting your family, friends, and neighbors to spread the word about you babysitting. Post flyers around your community and school too. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I want to start a babysitting business but while my parents are telling their friends who have little children, my friend is babysitting like 3 different kids! I'm kind of jealous of her so what should i do to start a business? thank you! Lynae P.

by madisklogg on 1/21/2012 2:27:00 PM

GREAT idea GL!! Smile

by fallsb-ball on 1/21/2012 2:17:53 PM

Mod, Mod, Mod,
Do you have any ideas where I could take babysitting classes?

Hey girl,

Your local community center is a good place to start, so see what's going on in your town!

Meghan D.

by wxyz22 on 1/21/2012 12:38:54 PM

Do you guys need advice... like stat? Post it on my profile and I'll answer it on ur profile (if its public.. if not ur out of luck) I'll answer your hardest qs on ANYTHING within two days! Promise!

by hermione&ron on 1/21/2012 11:36:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
I want to start babysitting more, and I have once and I loved it! I am CPR certified for kids and adults. My mom doesn't want me to post flierss because my town is turning into a bad town, do I just tell people I know about it?

Hey girl,

Try spreading the word by telling friends and your parents' friends that you'd like to start babysitting, or ask your parents if they know anyone with younger children where they could suggest you.

Meghan D.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 1/21/2012 10:57:00 AM

MOD MOD MOD. My mom like never washes the things I want. I asked her to wash my new sweater thing today and she got all mad and said NOO. I know how to do laundry because one time I did it when she was sick but she said I did it all wrong but it turned out fine. I am seriously mad because this has been a problem for a while now. What can I do to make her do my laundry that I what done?
THANKS!(:

Hey girl,

If you think you're ready to start doing your own laundry but she won't let you, ask her (calmly) to show you how, even if you already know. She'll be happier that you want her help explaining it. If that doesn't work, why not ask an older sib or your dad to help?

Meghan D.

by Birdgirly11 on 1/21/2012 10:45:57 AM

Sweet, I will do this.

by svds on 1/21/2012 10:20:09 AM

AWESOME love this!!!! <3

by meganbenedict on 1/21/2012 9:19:41 AM

I need money fast!! and babysitting is possible but I not know how to get it started! HELP! and I'm not able to create a business card cause I don't have a printer that works!

Hey girl,

You could also make fliers and put them underneath neighbors' mailboxes or on community bulletin boards. If you don't have a working printer, try printing your first copy at a friend's house and then taking it to a local library -- you can use their copier to make the rest!

Meghan D.

by yorkielover88 on 1/21/2012 8:59:58 AM

1st comment....?
UGH!!! I already did that last YEAR! if your gonna post something at least make it new, not bringing the old back, this IS a new year right?
Not to be rude but just sayin'

by clem10 on 1/21/2012 7:31:42 AM

YAY! This is so great. Thanks!

by PandaPrincess♥ on 1/21/2012 2:55:08 AM