AN HOUR AGO Get high-fashion hair—even when you’re on the field! Here’s how: http://t.co/0fevI8C9AK

1 HOURS AGO Chat w. @PeytonList + you could win her signed copy of GL! Follow @girlslifemag or visit http://t.co/7oz2xj5ydi at 6p/EST to join #GLpeyton

2 HOURS AGO #RECIPES: 5 fall-inspired smoothies to try ASAP…as in now…as in RIGHT now!: http://t.co/olK6obrCUH

COMMENTS

14 ways to fall in love with S-C-H-O-O-L

Impossible, you say? Psh!

And GL is becoming - I hate to say this - but kind of stupid. Who would love school???

Well, I like showing off all of the latest fashion trends, and my new shoes and clothes and Juicy Couture bags so... I kind of like school.

by Sarah510 on 7/25/2012 3:50:45 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put it where the real heart is
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow
6. This only works if you post it on your favorite article

by SecretCupcakeNinjaCalledTurtle on 6/19/2012 10:19:51 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
So i have a problem that i probably cant fix. but I HATE my yearbook picture.It looks weird and some people comment on it. There is also a pic of me and i wasn't ready for the camera...its in the yearbook and some people make fun of it! What should i do? PLEASE HELP!
Thanks xoxo

Hey Girl!

I'm sorry that there are pictures in the yearbook that you don't like! Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to avoid people seeing them. There are two ways that you can approach this. The first way is to laugh it off and act like it doesn't bother you. Soon enough people will forget about. The second option is to tell people that it hurts your feelings when they make fun of the pictures that you don't like of yourself! Hope this helps!

SarahO.

by KatieBieber on 6/1/2012 3:37:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
EMERGENCY - I HAVE UNTIL 3/16
My mom is forcing me to go to a private Catholic school for all of high school. I'm barely getting through freshman year, and I hate everything about it. I'm honestly depressed when I go there but my mom thinks I'm being dramatic when I try to talk to her. I'm not bullied but there are other aspects that I dislike and she promised me that I could go to a different school for high school before 8th grade and again (if I did certain things) a few months ago. My grades are great and I'm a good kid so I don't see why she's making me go! The registration fee for nest year is due this Friday so I'll be locked in for another year by the end of the week. How do I get her to let me transfer to the school I want to go to (which is a great school too)?

Hey girl,

I think she's against letting you switch schools because she might not think you're taking it seriously. Try to make the best of this situation by getting involved in a sport, joining a club, making friends and asking them to hang out outside of school, talking about your classes and homework with your family, etc. Basically, show them you're trying. It's possible that this school isn't for you, but school is what you make of it. If you go to school dreading it and if you refuse to have a good time, of course you won't have a good time. But if you accept the fact that you have to go to this school (at least through the end of this year), you'll look mature to your parents...and you'll probably enjoy it more! After some time passes, ask yourself if it's still as horrible as you thought before. If so, calmly talk to your mom again about this. Don't freak out, don't get emotional, and don't be dramatic. Just tell her the ways in which you're not having a good experience - and tell her how you think the situation will improve if you went to another school. There's no guarantee she'll do what you want though - education is important, so if your private school is better, then she probably will stick with it. But REMEMBER it's what you make of it! Try to pretend you're in a good mood, you have an open mind, and you're enjoying it... and before long, you'll actually open up and let yourself enjoy it Smile
Lauren C.

by loveyoulongtime on 3/13/2012 9:11:55 PM

mod mod mod so i have moments when i dont no what to wear and it really stresses me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what if im rushed and dont have a nough time to look fab? please help from: worried styler

by sbnine on 2/28/2012 8:43:46 PM

Mod Mod Mod , How do i make my self like school i dont like it and i only have to go to 2 diffence class rooms my class rooms are my class room i have the same teacehr same desk all day i do math english arkansas history Science World building lit and tpying lab i do the ace proggram that what 6th grade and up does and where all in the same class and then this 9 weeks my second class is exprements which is fun but i have to wear a tshirt unform or a pollo unform just the shirt how do i make my self like it and dress cute p.s when i have pe its from 1:30-2:35 thanks for you help

Sometimes you just don't like school. Maybe you can start a count down until Summer and that will help you get through the remaining weeks.
Amanda P.

by Dray7999 on 2/20/2012 2:40:44 PM

MOD!
My counselors chose my electives this year because they messed up my schedule & they put me in media, which would be a cool class to take but none of my friends are in it! I'm all alone Frown I sat alone by myself at my own desk. The class is full of seniors & i'm so nervous to be around them! I'm a freshman & it isn't the easiest thing to go up to a group of seniors & ask to sit with them. Everyone probably thinks i'm weird because I didn't smile or laugh while everyones having a great time in that class with their friends. I hated the class & tried to get switched out but every class is full apparently. I kept not going to the class, but I need to start going again because i'm afraid my grade is going to go down. Do you have tips on how I can survive the rest of the school year & have a good time in that class? Please help!

Hey girlie,

I totally know what you mean! I took classes all out of order in high school so sometimes, I was in a class with people who were two or three years older than me. But you gotta relax, take a deep breath, and realize how much you have in common with them! Be confident and try to make small talk with them or partner up on projects. Smiling, laughing, talking, and raising your hand (aka letting yourself relax) will put you at ease and also make you seem more into the class. It'll make you look more approachable, even if you're nervous! You gotta go to class and you can't switch out - so this is a great way to push your boundaries and prove to yourself that you CAN do this. It's intimidating, but it's not impossible! <333
Lauren C.

by AleeexisH on 2/9/2012 5:15:31 PM

We just started doing ballroom dancing in gym, and often i have to dance with guys in my grade i dont know, and even older boys... Its always kind of awkward, and I dont know how to make it less awkward.

by lilriver123xD on 2/5/2012 9:23:33 AM

MODMODMOD
Okay. So I think my crush likes me. How? Well, my crush's friend came up to me and was trying to tell me that my crush likes me but my crush was saying "no no no!" like he was scared to admit it. Then the next day at lunch, my crush's other friend told me he likes me but then, of course, he denied again. So do you think he really likes me? Should I ask him out? Or wait for him to ask me out?

Hey girlie,

It's totally possible he likes you! But he's feeling awkward about it and his friends are pressuring him into telling you. But it's also possible his friends are teasing him and doing this to embarrass him, which isn't cool but something that could be happening. Instead of going straight for asking him out, try talking to him one-on-one and getting to know him on a friends level right now. Show him you're laid-back and cool - that way, he'll get more comfy around you and might be more willing to admit his feelings. After some time goes by, see where you're at. He could totally ask you out - or you could feel more comfortable asking him out. Just give it time! Smile
Lauren C.

by fizzydee12 on 2/3/2012 10:05:45 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I have a boyfriend, and dont get me wrong, hes soo kind, sweet, and funny. But hes also incredibly shy. This isnt really a bad thing, but it makes me feel a little embarrassed sometimes when I try to have a conversation with him and he doesnt say much. When we text, he only really sends me a few words in replies. When we first started dating, he would text me the sweetest things, but now it doesnt work anymore. I told him I was trying to think of a nickname for him (like sweetheart or whatever) adn he just said 'Lol. What else is new?' and I've also tried to tell him about some girls who are being mean to me but all he had to say was "Aww I'm sorry" I feel like he doesnt care and is avoiding me but I really want this relationship to last.....its almost been a year!! Advice??

Hey girl,

If you're having trouble carrying a conversation, try talking about something he's interested in, like a sport or club, or his favorite class. Everyone likes to talk about himself, so be sure you listen and he'll want to do the same!

Meghan D.