7 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

8 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

9 HOURS AGO Excited to be back at school? Show off your new nerdy nails that girls will die for! http://t.co/HljuRfVyHY

COMMENTS

Spread the love: Our top 7 fave charities

Looking for a good cause? We’ve got ‘em in spades…

Alex's Lemonade stand is great too! It's a girl with cancer called Neroblastomia, one of my good friends had it and Alex (the girl who started it) made a lemonade stand to raise money for this cancer and she died but her family kept it up, so have youer friends and you have a lemonade stand donate it to this great cause.
Please try! We did this with my class in school and raised 652 dollars!!!!!!!!!

by raeshrimp on 4/21/2012 10:50:25 AM

I am going to donate to at lease three charity's for my birthday.

by Hebe on 3/10/2012 6:42:30 AM

What about Kiva? You can help people in need AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

by foxface911 on 2/16/2012 11:02:52 AM

don't forget the Make @ wish foundation! My lil' bro had a life threatening heart condition and we thought he was going to die. We were (and are part of) the make @ wish foundation and they granted his wish when he was little. He's 12 years old and doing great Smile if you are ever donating, please give it to make @ wish, they helped our family and they will help others!

by flutechick101 on 1/30/2012 7:06:27 PM

The NEGU (never ever give up) foundation and Joy Jars
are awesome too! They help kids who are fighting cancer by bringing them jars filled with toys and fun stuff just so their days could be a little brighter. It was started by my friend Jessica Joy Rees when she found out she had a brain tumor. She passed away on january 5th but her story still lives on. If you see this and you have a facebook could you please like her page! Thanks!
Forever NEGU,
Kimmie

by kimmiebrooke on 1/29/2012 12:59:40 PM

The ASPCA may have been the first, but PETA is still the strongest animal support group.

by iloveskittles on 1/28/2012 11:43:06 AM

Heyy new advice thing coming soon try lets get it straight in 2 days add everyone you know we will talk bout ANYTHING U WEANT TO

by toddtas0 on 1/27/2012 7:28:21 PM

I haven't heard of some of these. I support the Arthritis Foundation, Susan G Komen, The Cancer Society, St. Jude, and many others. It feels great to donate money to charities who need it!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 1/27/2012 6:53:45 PM

Heyy my name is Tasia Todd .....so if you have any question or need advice on any subject literly all u have to ask in my people and I will get back to u asap...... we r also having appication sent in if u would like to become one of the leaders so start sending them!!!) First come first servedSmile

-Tasia become a member at "Ask us"

by toddtas0 on 1/27/2012 5:08:13 PM

I think Make A Wish is an awesome charity! My aunt is a big fundraiser for it and it'a always so nice to see the results. Going to help that one out next month so that should be cool.

by Fly1213 on 1/27/2012 5:05:37 PM

My aunt and uncle donated to Heifer International for Christmas for me and my brother! It was cool! I think JDRF should be on here. That is Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation because being a kid or teen with type 1 diabetes stinks but this organization looks for a cure! the school mt mom teaches at did a fundraiser for it and rasied $1003!

by teampeetapercy on 1/27/2012 3:44:59 PM

When I get famous I'm totally going to donate to a whole ton of charities. How come the charity for Haiti isn't up here?

by Princess Keziyah on 1/27/2012 10:46:23 AM

Hmm, I might e-mail my school's vice principal (my grade level VP of course) and ask about the stop bullying fundraiser, he'll love it! There were many fights this month and tons of bullying over the course of the year so he'd like the idea Laughing

by clem10 on 1/27/2012 7:09:57 AM

What's the Q in LGBTQ? Queer? That's the only thing I can think of Tong

by Dawnstar on 1/27/2012 6:46:28 AM

I recommend KIVA as a charity

by PandaPrincess♥ on 1/26/2012 10:28:26 PM

These are great! There's another, less known organizations that I think should be mentioned too. Smile Shriners Hospital for Children. They help millions of kids around the world who don't have enough money or access to proper medical care around the world. They have two types of hospitals, one for burns, and another for orthopedic (bone) needs.
They treat children 0-21 for free and have been helping my family since I was 8, and their doctors go to provide services for everyone in war-torn countries as well.

Unfortunately, not many people know about them, and many of their hospitals almost shut down in the recent years.

So, if you want another way to help kids, try this organization!

by Kailani_Maui on 1/26/2012 10:11:37 PM

To help, you could also go to this website called freerice.com. You answer questions and for every answer right, you give someone 10 grains of rice and for every 5 questions answered right, you give someone 50 grains of rice. So help the world! It's only one question away! (:

by katv2114 on 1/26/2012 10:09:12 PM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
ok so i want to lighten my hair(its dirty blonde) is there any way i could do that nauturally?
thanks!
Smile

There aren't tons of ways, but you could definitely spend more time in the sun! That will let the sun enhance your natural highlights! You could use products like Sun-In to help that process along, too Smile
Lauren C.

by dojhallow97 on 1/26/2012 9:51:29 PM

Hey Chicas!(: Need Advice? I'm here for U, girlies! Nothing is too embarrassing to ask(: I give advice on Boys, Fashion, Beauty, Money-Making, Friend Problems, Baking, Growing Up, Hair Styles, Makeup, Drama, School, Music, Studying, Getting Good Grades, and SO much more!(: So head over to my Advice Queen Page & I will try to get back to U ASAP!
Luv,
Madi(:

by *MusicGirl16* on 1/26/2012 7:54:42 PM

I love this post! it's good that GL has articles like this that encourage helping those in need! This is why GL is my fave magazine! Keep up the good work GL!

by piedude on 1/26/2012 7:15:43 PM

Or you can can do free rice.com.

by briannam911 on 1/26/2012 7:03:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I haven't gotten the newest issue of GL yet and I'm wondering what's taking so long. My friends school subscribes and they got it- why haven't I????

Hey girl,

We're on our Feb/March issue so you should get your magazine by the end of January. If it's February 1 and you still haven't received it, click here for the contact info to report your missing issue!
Lauren C.

by GT23 on 1/26/2012 6:15:45 PM

Valentine's less than 3 weeks away and i dont know what to get my boyfriend. we just had a fight, and he's still upset and i want to give him something great. Anything i could bake/make or buy? he likes white chocolate, and his favorite colors are blue, white and black. thanks

Hey girlie,

Try baking him something special (white chocolate brownies? cream cheese brownies? white chocolate chip cookies?), making him a mixed CD of songs you both love, songs that remind you of him, songs he adores, etc. You could also wrap that up with a cozy scarf in one of his favorite colors, a tee shirt of one of his fave sports teams/bands. But the most important thing is that you get this fight cleared up before then - apologize if ya have to so you're both happy and ready to celebrate Valentine's Day together <3
Lauren C.

by Smasheroo on 1/26/2012 5:53:42 PM

I like all of these and this is the best post ever!!

by svds on 1/26/2012 5:20:59 PM

wow, never heard of most of these

by k8luvscake on 1/26/2012 4:30:09 PM