9 HOURS AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

12 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

12 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

COMMENTS

How do I ask my mom about s-e-x?

I’m kind of curious, but it’s sooo awkward!

MOD so there's this guy who's kinda cute, I don't really have that many feelings for him though. He's a year younger than me. I heard a rumor, but I'm not sure if it's true. If it's true what should I do about it? He said ' I don't know if I should like Rebecca (me) or Mikaela( other girl he likes). Rebecca is "easy", and Mikaela is pretty.' It's kind of hurtful for a guy to want to date you cause he thinks you would go with his intimacy...

Hey girl!

Hmm I would say don't take rumors seriously, just because sometimes people could be making things up, but you could try talking to him and asking him about it. And yes, that's not respectful or loving if it's true, definitely not something you want in a boyfriend. <3

Krupali D.

by wenhua9 on 2/6/2012 3:57:45 PM

Some of my friends cant even talk with their mom about sex, I am glad I can. To a point I can but there are always some things need to keep private, you dont have to say and tell everything but you can go over the basics. I think thats important, especially with so many people having sex and getting pregnant.

Last week, we had a little talk after she saw me seriously checking out this slightly older guy at our gym. I guess since I have a bf and she saw what was going on she felt it was ok to bring up the sex talk in the car.

And if you are going to go to the bookstore, some of the books show everything including a lot of pictures of our and of guy reproductive parts. That is why I would just rather go online and learn on my own because it can get awkward.

by luckykel on 2/6/2012 2:31:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!- I really want to ask this guy out that I went out with last year, because I still like him. Thing is, were really good friends now and I don't want to ruin that if he says no! Plus I really don't want to be single on my birthday (Feb. 10) or Valentines day! & I don't want to be desperate and just ask some random guy out!, Hellppp!
thanks!

Well just wanting to not be single on your birthday is not a good enough reason to rush into a relationship. Yes its kinda lame to be single on valentines day but who cares? Im sure you have other girl friends who are single too who will celebrate with you. Plus why rush into a relationship for the wrong reasons? The right guy will come along. For now get to know this boy and grow closer. Dont rush into it. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by lovemahone on 2/5/2012 5:32:00 PM

@paxetcatitas~ Well some people are more comfortable talking with their fathers because they're closer to them. Some girls don't have moms and a father is all they've got..

by dancestar2452 on 2/5/2012 9:41:17 AM

Mod- ok so i have a thing that kinda looks like a pimple but isnt... Its just a red bump and theres a circle around it thata kinda pinkish... What should i si do??? What could it be?

Hey girlie,

It could be a pimple, ingrown hair, a bug bite or an allergic reaction. Just keep an eye on it. If it doesn't start to get smaller/starts to itch or look "weird," it's worth going to the doc just to play safe<3 But give it some time! Right now, I wouldn't worry about it!
Lauren C.

by hahaha2005 on 2/5/2012 9:05:22 AM

MODMODMOD! i know this isn't exactly relating to the article but...i think i'm paranoid (like EXTREMELY!) i live on a farm in the middle of nowhere but at night when i'm ready to fall asleep it feels like someone is watching me but i know that that's not true because i'd see them (my room is on the 2nd floor) and i also feel like i'm going to be abducted by aliens or something(i know it sounds weird..) i have suffer from insomnia since i was little and the paranoia is relativley recent. i don't know what to do! sometimes i pretend i'm sick at night so i can sleep downstairs on the couch and when i'm at a friends house i feel fine. i haven't talked to my parents about it because i don't want my sibs finding out(i'm the youngest of 6 and am teased already..) please help! Sorry it's so long. thanks!

Hey girlie,

It's not weird! I felt the same way sometimes because my parents slept downstairs and I was the only person upstairs, so it would freak me out. But talking to my parents REALLY helped - they showed me all the ways we locked our doors and windows, so I could feel way safer at night. Plus, if you have that many siblings and are in a house with lots of people, you have way more people to protect you! That should make you feel a bit safer Smile But definitely talk to your parents - and maybe even your doctor, since it gets you so worked up. They can help you get rational and feel way better in your own house <3
Lauren C.

by SuperSquirrel on 2/5/2012 12:09:23 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod-
Okay so I'm crushed! My boyfriend and I just broke up! I cannot quit crying. We've been going out for a long time and it was serious! Now I feel broken. I mean I have been dumped a lot of times saying that I started dating in 7th grade and I'm in 11th grade. But I thought I was in love. No I feellost! Help!!

Hey girlie,

I totally understand what you're feeling. Breakups are always hard, especially when you were dating for a long time and grew really attached. You miss him, you wish you could talk to him, you feel like there won't ever be someone out there for you again...we've all been there. Try reading the articles at the end of this post, some of which helped me through my last breakup. Surround yourself with friends who can let you talk about it if you want, but also take your mind off it with shopping, a fun comedy movie, good food, ice cream, and love. Lean on your fam too! They're always here to support you. And remember the most important thing: getting over a breakup takes time. Let yourself be sad for a little while, but then pick yourself up and try to be social again. Meet new people, get to know your classmates/teammates better, and pick up the pieces. YOU WILL BE HAPPY AGAIN <3 I know it's hard to believe right now, but it's true!

Lauren C.

by volleyballlovergirlie on 2/4/2012 10:08:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD I as going to send this to dear carol... but i couldn't find it. So I really really really like my boyfriend, but he's a really goofy guy, which i think is cute! but it's getting kind of embarrasing like i dont want to admit it but it is i think its really funny when he kneels down to give me a hug like a prince or wears little scarves but he does it in front of everyone he's SUPER sweet and SUPER cute but i need to know how to get him to calm down, but i hav this thing where when i try to talk to people i start getting watery eyes because i think there going to get mad at me which i know he wont but if i try to talk about things seriously i get all sad so maybe if i like begin to pull him up from his little kneel thing quicker idk i just dont want him to think i want him to change cause i like him just the way he is (sorry it was so long)

Hey Makeup Artist #1, no I understand where you're coming from. I think you get watery eyes when you confront someone, because you feel like you're going to hurt their feelings or make them mad. But don't think that way. You're just asking your boyfriend to share and keep those special goofy moments with just you. I'm sure he won't think you're being mean. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Makeup Artist #1 on 2/4/2012 7:40:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD My doctor said tht I should have definitly had my period by my 12th bday... ITS PAST MY BDAY!! I feel like something is wronggg

Hey flipper2ooo, it can be hard to predict when exactly you'll get your period. Your doctor was probably just guessing you would get it around that time. No worries, you'll get it girl. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by flipper2ooo on 2/4/2012 6:27:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD HeySmile i have pale skin, and my "peach fuzz" is really light, but it's really long and noticable. It's totally white so you'd think that you wouldn't be able to see it, but you can. I really don't want to pluck, shave, or wax the hairs. Is there anything else I can do to make it less noticable like make up or something? ThanksSmile

Hey carlyfries132, you can try using liquid foundation to make the hair less noticable. You could try using the electric eyebrow trimmer. It doesn't hurt, just vibrates and buzzes the hair off. Hope these help! Xoxo

Lynae P.