12 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

13 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalk—get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

14 HOURS AGO The challenge is on, stylish sweeties! Enter the @mkc_couture #StyleSelfie contest: http://t.co/Ufc33qWyNE pic.twitter.com/FgoCyUPQST

COMMENTS

How do I ask my mom about s-e-x?

I’m kind of curious, but it’s sooo awkward!

I'm 12 but I'll most likely be scared to ask my mom when the time comes Tong

by Princess Keziyah on 2/4/2012 11:35:39 AM

Mod.
Hello. I am kind of old to be asking for advice... 17... But i have a question. I will be moving away for college soon, and I have really liked this one guy for nearly 3 years, and I have never told him. I was planning on telling him on sunday, what do you think I should say, and is it a good idea to tell him?

Hey girlie,

There are pros and cons to both sides. If you don't tell him, you'll be able to start fresh in college, won't feel embarrassed if he says no, and won't have to deal with a long term relationship or a "going away" sadness if you do start something with him. But you might always wonder "What if I...?" If you do tell him, you could really feel a time crunch since you're moving soon. He might not feel the same way. You might get to know him and realize he isn't as great as you thought. Or you could finally get together, enjoy time with one another, and leave for college knowing you have no regrets. No one knows how it'll turn out! Make a pros and cons list for yourself to decide if you should do it. If you're confident with your choice, then you gotta go for it! Do it in person, one-on-one. Tell him you've know him for a long time and since you're graduating soon, you just had to get it out there - that you really like him. Smile and laugh naturally to lighten the mood - and relax. If you decide it's worth a shot, go for it! What's the worst that could really happen? Smile
Lauren C.

by LissieLou on 2/4/2012 12:18:42 AM

Mod mod mod-My period is Late i always start at the end of the month but i have not had one in january and now its febuary i am worried .??? P.S-I'm only 11 so nothng should not be going wrong

Hey girlie,

Nope, nothing to worry about! It's totally normal for your period to be late once in a while - it can be affected by stress, changes in sleep, changes in diet, etc. It happens to all of us! Just try to relax and it will come soon Smile
Lauren C.

by ☮Dreamlover on 2/4/2012 12:16:17 AM

MODMODMOD*** Ok so me and my bf made out...or tried to anyways. I didnt know how to, and i screwed it up. He tells me and i dont think he really care, like he will say, i dont think we are ready to make out yet. But im embarrassed that i didnt know how, and people know and some of them make fun of me. What are some tips for making out & aloso open mouth kissing? ALso, how do i get over teh fact that i screwed up the makeout?

Hey girlie,

First makeouts with a guy are always a little awkward! You're still getting to know each other, you're still figuring out your kissing style (and his), and you're super nervous on top of it all. Try to put it behind you and learn from this situation! That will help you shut this chapter and move on. As for the kissing tips, check out these articles Smile I think they'll really help!

Lauren C.

by curlygirl9 on 2/3/2012 9:58:22 PM

Just remember you mom is on your side she wont judge you

by Ally061098 on 2/3/2012 9:55:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD hi so there are zero cute guys in my grade, so i have a big big big celebrity crush. i treat him as if he is a real crush. my sister thinks it's getting out of hand. what should i do?

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to crush on a celebrity! All of us girls have been starry-eyed for a hot star at some point Smile But the key is knowing when you're crossing the line. I absolutely loooooved NSync when I was little, so I had tons of photos up on my walls of Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez. They were so adorable! I read all the articles about them, knew their eye colors and fave ice cream flavors, etc. I was obsessed. But I was also honest with myself: I never chose NSync over a real life boy, my friends, etc. I knew I probably would never meet them - and if I did meet them, I knew I would never become their GF. It's awesome and important to dream big, but this is just not realistic! Plus, one of the reasons I liked them was because I didn't know everything about them. Imagine going to school with your celeb crush - you'd get to know some crazy stuff about them that would make them look "real" to you...and might not be too pleasant. (Justin Bieber farting, making fun of nerds, bombing his algebra test. You get the picture.) Enjoy your crush all you want, but at the end of the day just remind yourself that you're a fan and he's a celeb - chances are, it's not gonna happen for real. And don't let it keep you from meeting new guys, talking and getting to know them. There's a REAL crush out there for you! You just gotta find him Smile
Lauren C.

by PuppyCT on 2/3/2012 9:26:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!! my BMI is a little too high , and I wondered how I could be healthier and lower it back to normal , it should be 14-21 but it's 22 ??

Hey girlie,

If it should be in that range, you're not too far off! It should be easy-peasy to get it down to the number you want Smile First, start with your diet. Try cutting out junk foods and fast foods, replacing them with more veggies and "smart snacks" (like yogurt, granola bars, sliced carrots, peanut butter, fruit, etc.). Next, get active for a little every day. Jog, do a pilates or kickboxing DVD, play basketball with friends, bike ride, walk quickly, swim...whatever is fun for you. All these things will help your body kick its metabolism into shape! That will help you gradually get your BMI where you want it - in a healthy way!
Lauren C.

by volleyball4lifee on 2/3/2012 9:15:14 PM

This probably sounds dumb but what does MOD stand for?

by fiala123 on 2/3/2012 9:06:18 PM

oh yeah totally talking to your dad about sex sounds great...smaaaaaaaaart GL.

by paxetcaritas101 on 2/3/2012 8:57:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hey I was just wondering if you have any good ideas to get my boyfriend for valentines day? We have been dating for 2 months. Is a stuffed animal and candy a good idea? And could you give me other ideas? Thanks!

Hey Dancer1846, yeah I like the stuffed animal candy idea. You could also get him one of those giant valentines day cards from CVS or Rite-Aid and write him a message about how happy you are that he's your boyfriend and that you two are celebrating v-day together. A box of chocolates and a card is nice too. Maybe you could make him some cookies or brownies. Hope this helps! xoxo

Lynae P.