5 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

6 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

9 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

COMMENTS

How do I ask my mom about s-e-x?

I’m kind of curious, but it’s sooo awkward!

Wel I have questions ...... But my mom might start asking why I want to know. Plus I want to start using tampons but don't know how to talk to hear about it ..... I need help because I have swim class and my periods on the same week I have swimming? Wat am I suppose to do .... My pe teacher would make me she's very strict. If I didn't swim she'd fail me and I can't fail Frown

Hey girl, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable talking to your mom or a trusted adult about it..they're there for you no matter what! It seems in this sitch your gonna have to try out tampons so  here's some links to help you out ..click here and here!

Jenn S.

by lilred1220 on 1/2/2013 12:52:34 AM

Sometimes if I dont feel comfortable talking to my mom, i email her.

by rubyfrancesjones on 7/23/2012 7:01:47 PM

i always said "mum could i er talk to u about something" (she would be plaiting or reading) "sure Mouse (my nickname)" "mom i want to know about the talk" then she would tell me and after it was done i would hug her and say thanks mom

by mlshay on 5/14/2012 5:22:19 PM

my mom and I used to be supa dupa close but she doesnt even have a good convo with me anymore when I got my period I felt scared to talk to her how can I have THE TALK with her if we can hardly have a civil convo how do I ask to use tampons I'm scared to get in a fight with her and I don't want to be the one to start the TALK

by llamaglitz on 4/22/2012 5:35:40 PM

We talk about that all he time! Me and my mom are super close. I also have and older sister so... ya.

by Abby774 on 3/26/2012 10:52:29 PM

I've already talked with my mom but I honestly could NOT talk about that with my dad, not that he would judge me or not know the answers just more it would be really embarrasing Tong

by usmcbratknc on 3/15/2012 1:38:15 AM

Taj j, Knowing about sex is good and not something to be ashamed of, so I am sure she is fine with it. My mom knew I knew some about it and it sounds like my mom is more open but then I have friends who never even discuss the subject with their moms. I think its important to know as much as you can since its such a big part of everyone's life, a day doesnt go by at school where the subject doesnt come up among friends.

by luckykel on 3/14/2012 12:01:10 AM

I know about sex but my mom doesn't know that I do what should I do??????

by Tay j on 3/12/2012 7:05:28 PM

Mod Mod Mod I think i like girls but im not sure , i Know don't like guys but whenever my friends ask me what guy i like i just fake it and lie. one time I was talking about lesbians and all my friends just said yuck and eww. Should I tell my parents and/or my friends?

Do you think it's serious or that it's just a curiosity?

Would you ever be willing to date a girl?  If that's the case, then maybe have a chat with your mom about it.  Let her know that you might be interested in girls too.

If you can't imagine yourself with one then it may just be a girl crush.  We all get those!  I have girl crushes on lots of people.  It's just an admiration.

But never let anyone else's opinions get you worried, okay, babe?
Jordan S.

by luvpeeta on 3/10/2012 2:27:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!My mom has 36A bra's. Will mine grow bigger than her boobs in the future?

I can't tell you for sure.  It could really go either way.  Your breast size is affected by both sides of your family.  You may or may not be your Mom's size when the genes from your dad's side play in. Jordan S.

by MarisaMermaid99 on 3/5/2012 5:47:40 PM

I told my mom that I now about sex. need advise how to tell you'r mom just teal me by Sandra2 11:57a.m

by sandra 2 on 3/3/2012 12:58:14 PM

My mom doesn't talk about this at all... I don't think she even knows I what it is.

by music191 on 2/23/2012 5:47:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD have you ever heard of tads?(screws that go in your jaw) I have to get them and I am scared!please help!!!!

Hey girlie,

I don't know a whole lot about it, but from what I know you shouldn't worry one bit! It sounds weird and painful, but they will use a gel and a needle to numb the area and you won't feel ANYTHING. And I've heard it only takes a few seconds to do! You may feel a little pressure during/after the procedure, but taking a Tylenol or Advil should knock that right out. I know it sounds a lil creepy (for them to put something into the bone under your teeth), but it's totally temporary and it'll help them fix your teeth. And it won't hurt a bit! So try taking deep breaths, ask your orthodontist any questions you have before you go for it, and try to relax. <3333
Lauren C.

by sgirl26 on 2/16/2012 9:51:35 PM

MODMODMODMOD I just started using tampons after having it for 5 yrs (i didnt get it yet this month and my mom bought me a box i almost used up to practice) my parents r divorced and i c my mom every other weekend so i cant ask her to get me another box cuz im due for it soon. im afraid itll be awkward wen i ask my dad for them (i already have a full box of pads at home). should i just put them in the cart next time we go to the store? n say somethin like o i use these now? or maybe next month when i restock should i mention it to him when i buy em? wat do i do? tell him next time we go to the store? or next month? i still have a box of pads home so it may be awk when he knows i already have stuff at home..........HELP!

Hey futurewriter16, I would just drop them in the cart the next time you guys go shopping and if he asks you about them, just let him know you use them now. I'm sure your dad won't think of it as akward, he's probably more concerned that you are comfortable and prepared for your period. No worries. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by futurewriter16 on 2/15/2012 4:36:12 PM

HI, I have a friend who uses ALOT o' bad language around me, and I start using it too.... How do I tell her to stop... nicely?
Tanks,
Maceyvm

by maceyvm on 2/11/2012 6:45:22 PM

Can you post something like how to tell my mom about me having a boyfriend or that I like someone or asking if I'm allowed to date and about my first kiss and stuff.....thanks

Hey girlie,

Thanks for the suggestion! In the meantime, read this article about deciding whether to tell your parents...it's really true, your mom would probably be happy you trusted her enough to be open, ask questions, and confide in her!
Lauren C.

by N1icole98 on 2/9/2012 3:04:55 PM

i posted a comment but it didnt appear on the wall !!

by mrsrova on 2/8/2012 2:20:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD ! i need help please ..
my mum doesnt allow me to date anyone .. so i started to date a boy in secret . one day, she saw me wiz him and from this moment , she started to drive me to skool, courses, everything .. she doesnt trust me anymore.. i started hating her , i have the right to have some privacy wiz friends or even go to lessons myself .. im really sick of this. it's not happening to a 17 years old girl :// at least she should talk to me about that.. what can i do ? need help and sorry 4 my english language .

I hate to tell you but until you are 18 years old your parents are going to have the ultimate say of whether you can have a boyfriend or not. It is going to suck a lot and you are going to be mad at your parents quite a bit but there isn't much you can do. Perhaps if you show that you are excelling at every task you are given they will see you have your life under control and are ready for a bf in your life.
Amanda P.

by mrsrova on 2/8/2012 2:03:39 PM

MODMODMOD! I have a problem. There's this really sweet guy that I like. Whenever I'm around him I start to get sexual tension because I had the talk with my mom already and me and the boy have kissed. It wasn't just any kiss,it was A KISS! What do I do to wipe away this awkward and sexual feeling?
XOXO!

Just relax! be yourself. Talk to him and just bond by sharing things about yourself. That will help you feel more comfortable. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by emmadi136 on 2/7/2012 12:50:07 PM

Ughhhh Im so scared to ask about.....my uhh....yeah.

by audz1199 on 2/6/2012 6:09:38 PM

MOD so there's this guy who's kinda cute, I don't really have that many feelings for him though. He's a year younger than me. I heard a rumor, but I'm not sure if it's true. If it's true what should I do about it? He said ' I don't know if I should like Rebecca (me) or Mikaela( other girl he likes). Rebecca is "easy", and Mikaela is pretty.' It's kind of hurtful for a guy to want to date you cause he thinks you would go with his intimacy...

Hey girl!

Hmm I would say don't take rumors seriously, just because sometimes people could be making things up, but you could try talking to him and asking him about it. And yes, that's not respectful or loving if it's true, definitely not something you want in a boyfriend. <3

Krupali D.

by wenhua9 on 2/6/2012 3:57:45 PM

Some of my friends cant even talk with their mom about sex, I am glad I can. To a point I can but there are always some things need to keep private, you dont have to say and tell everything but you can go over the basics. I think thats important, especially with so many people having sex and getting pregnant.

Last week, we had a little talk after she saw me seriously checking out this slightly older guy at our gym. I guess since I have a bf and she saw what was going on she felt it was ok to bring up the sex talk in the car.

And if you are going to go to the bookstore, some of the books show everything including a lot of pictures of our and of guy reproductive parts. That is why I would just rather go online and learn on my own because it can get awkward.

by luckykel on 2/6/2012 2:31:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!- I really want to ask this guy out that I went out with last year, because I still like him. Thing is, were really good friends now and I don't want to ruin that if he says no! Plus I really don't want to be single on my birthday (Feb. 10) or Valentines day! & I don't want to be desperate and just ask some random guy out!, Hellppp!
thanks!

Well just wanting to not be single on your birthday is not a good enough reason to rush into a relationship. Yes its kinda lame to be single on valentines day but who cares? Im sure you have other girl friends who are single too who will celebrate with you. Plus why rush into a relationship for the wrong reasons? The right guy will come along. For now get to know this boy and grow closer. Dont rush into it. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by lovemahone on 2/5/2012 5:32:00 PM

@paxetcatitas~ Well some people are more comfortable talking with their fathers because they're closer to them. Some girls don't have moms and a father is all they've got..

by dancestar2452 on 2/5/2012 9:41:17 AM

Mod- ok so i have a thing that kinda looks like a pimple but isnt... Its just a red bump and theres a circle around it thata kinda pinkish... What should i si do??? What could it be?

Hey girlie,

It could be a pimple, ingrown hair, a bug bite or an allergic reaction. Just keep an eye on it. If it doesn't start to get smaller/starts to itch or look "weird," it's worth going to the doc just to play safe<3 But give it some time! Right now, I wouldn't worry about it!
Lauren C.

by hahaha2005 on 2/5/2012 9:05:22 AM

MODMODMOD! i know this isn't exactly relating to the article but...i think i'm paranoid (like EXTREMELY!) i live on a farm in the middle of nowhere but at night when i'm ready to fall asleep it feels like someone is watching me but i know that that's not true because i'd see them (my room is on the 2nd floor) and i also feel like i'm going to be abducted by aliens or something(i know it sounds weird..) i have suffer from insomnia since i was little and the paranoia is relativley recent. i don't know what to do! sometimes i pretend i'm sick at night so i can sleep downstairs on the couch and when i'm at a friends house i feel fine. i haven't talked to my parents about it because i don't want my sibs finding out(i'm the youngest of 6 and am teased already..) please help! Sorry it's so long. thanks!

Hey girlie,

It's not weird! I felt the same way sometimes because my parents slept downstairs and I was the only person upstairs, so it would freak me out. But talking to my parents REALLY helped - they showed me all the ways we locked our doors and windows, so I could feel way safer at night. Plus, if you have that many siblings and are in a house with lots of people, you have way more people to protect you! That should make you feel a bit safer Smile But definitely talk to your parents - and maybe even your doctor, since it gets you so worked up. They can help you get rational and feel way better in your own house <3
Lauren C.

by SuperSquirrel on 2/5/2012 12:09:23 AM

Mod Mod Mod Mod-
Okay so I'm crushed! My boyfriend and I just broke up! I cannot quit crying. We've been going out for a long time and it was serious! Now I feel broken. I mean I have been dumped a lot of times saying that I started dating in 7th grade and I'm in 11th grade. But I thought I was in love. No I feellost! Help!!

Hey girlie,

I totally understand what you're feeling. Breakups are always hard, especially when you were dating for a long time and grew really attached. You miss him, you wish you could talk to him, you feel like there won't ever be someone out there for you again...we've all been there. Try reading the articles at the end of this post, some of which helped me through my last breakup. Surround yourself with friends who can let you talk about it if you want, but also take your mind off it with shopping, a fun comedy movie, good food, ice cream, and love. Lean on your fam too! They're always here to support you. And remember the most important thing: getting over a breakup takes time. Let yourself be sad for a little while, but then pick yourself up and try to be social again. Meet new people, get to know your classmates/teammates better, and pick up the pieces. YOU WILL BE HAPPY AGAIN <3 I know it's hard to believe right now, but it's true!

Lauren C.

by volleyballlovergirlie on 2/4/2012 10:08:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD I as going to send this to dear carol... but i couldn't find it. So I really really really like my boyfriend, but he's a really goofy guy, which i think is cute! but it's getting kind of embarrasing like i dont want to admit it but it is i think its really funny when he kneels down to give me a hug like a prince or wears little scarves but he does it in front of everyone he's SUPER sweet and SUPER cute but i need to know how to get him to calm down, but i hav this thing where when i try to talk to people i start getting watery eyes because i think there going to get mad at me which i know he wont but if i try to talk about things seriously i get all sad so maybe if i like begin to pull him up from his little kneel thing quicker idk i just dont want him to think i want him to change cause i like him just the way he is (sorry it was so long)

Hey Makeup Artist #1, no I understand where you're coming from. I think you get watery eyes when you confront someone, because you feel like you're going to hurt their feelings or make them mad. But don't think that way. You're just asking your boyfriend to share and keep those special goofy moments with just you. I'm sure he won't think you're being mean. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Makeup Artist #1 on 2/4/2012 7:40:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD My doctor said tht I should have definitly had my period by my 12th bday... ITS PAST MY BDAY!! I feel like something is wronggg

Hey flipper2ooo, it can be hard to predict when exactly you'll get your period. Your doctor was probably just guessing you would get it around that time. No worries, you'll get it girl. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by flipper2ooo on 2/4/2012 6:27:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD HeySmile i have pale skin, and my "peach fuzz" is really light, but it's really long and noticable. It's totally white so you'd think that you wouldn't be able to see it, but you can. I really don't want to pluck, shave, or wax the hairs. Is there anything else I can do to make it less noticable like make up or something? ThanksSmile

Hey carlyfries132, you can try using liquid foundation to make the hair less noticable. You could try using the electric eyebrow trimmer. It doesn't hurt, just vibrates and buzzes the hair off. Hope these help! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by carlyfries132 on 2/4/2012 6:23:39 PM

I'm 12 but I'll most likely be scared to ask my mom when the time comes Tong

by Princess Keziyah on 2/4/2012 11:35:39 AM

Mod.
Hello. I am kind of old to be asking for advice... 17... But i have a question. I will be moving away for college soon, and I have really liked this one guy for nearly 3 years, and I have never told him. I was planning on telling him on sunday, what do you think I should say, and is it a good idea to tell him?

Hey girlie,

There are pros and cons to both sides. If you don't tell him, you'll be able to start fresh in college, won't feel embarrassed if he says no, and won't have to deal with a long term relationship or a "going away" sadness if you do start something with him. But you might always wonder "What if I...?" If you do tell him, you could really feel a time crunch since you're moving soon. He might not feel the same way. You might get to know him and realize he isn't as great as you thought. Or you could finally get together, enjoy time with one another, and leave for college knowing you have no regrets. No one knows how it'll turn out! Make a pros and cons list for yourself to decide if you should do it. If you're confident with your choice, then you gotta go for it! Do it in person, one-on-one. Tell him you've know him for a long time and since you're graduating soon, you just had to get it out there - that you really like him. Smile and laugh naturally to lighten the mood - and relax. If you decide it's worth a shot, go for it! What's the worst that could really happen? Smile
Lauren C.

by LissieLou on 2/4/2012 12:18:42 AM

Mod mod mod-My period is Late i always start at the end of the month but i have not had one in january and now its febuary i am worried .??? P.S-I'm only 11 so nothng should not be going wrong

Hey girlie,

Nope, nothing to worry about! It's totally normal for your period to be late once in a while - it can be affected by stress, changes in sleep, changes in diet, etc. It happens to all of us! Just try to relax and it will come soon Smile
Lauren C.

by ☮Dreamlover on 2/4/2012 12:16:17 AM

MODMODMOD*** Ok so me and my bf made out...or tried to anyways. I didnt know how to, and i screwed it up. He tells me and i dont think he really care, like he will say, i dont think we are ready to make out yet. But im embarrassed that i didnt know how, and people know and some of them make fun of me. What are some tips for making out & aloso open mouth kissing? ALso, how do i get over teh fact that i screwed up the makeout?

Hey girlie,

First makeouts with a guy are always a little awkward! You're still getting to know each other, you're still figuring out your kissing style (and his), and you're super nervous on top of it all. Try to put it behind you and learn from this situation! That will help you shut this chapter and move on. As for the kissing tips, check out these articles Smile I think they'll really help!

Lauren C.

by curlygirl9 on 2/3/2012 9:58:22 PM

Just remember you mom is on your side she wont judge you

by Ally061098 on 2/3/2012 9:55:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD hi so there are zero cute guys in my grade, so i have a big big big celebrity crush. i treat him as if he is a real crush. my sister thinks it's getting out of hand. what should i do?

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal to crush on a celebrity! All of us girls have been starry-eyed for a hot star at some point Smile But the key is knowing when you're crossing the line. I absolutely loooooved NSync when I was little, so I had tons of photos up on my walls of Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez. They were so adorable! I read all the articles about them, knew their eye colors and fave ice cream flavors, etc. I was obsessed. But I was also honest with myself: I never chose NSync over a real life boy, my friends, etc. I knew I probably would never meet them - and if I did meet them, I knew I would never become their GF. It's awesome and important to dream big, but this is just not realistic! Plus, one of the reasons I liked them was because I didn't know everything about them. Imagine going to school with your celeb crush - you'd get to know some crazy stuff about them that would make them look "real" to you...and might not be too pleasant. (Justin Bieber farting, making fun of nerds, bombing his algebra test. You get the picture.) Enjoy your crush all you want, but at the end of the day just remind yourself that you're a fan and he's a celeb - chances are, it's not gonna happen for real. And don't let it keep you from meeting new guys, talking and getting to know them. There's a REAL crush out there for you! You just gotta find him Smile
Lauren C.

by PuppyCT on 2/3/2012 9:26:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!! my BMI is a little too high , and I wondered how I could be healthier and lower it back to normal , it should be 14-21 but it's 22 ??

Hey girlie,

If it should be in that range, you're not too far off! It should be easy-peasy to get it down to the number you want Smile First, start with your diet. Try cutting out junk foods and fast foods, replacing them with more veggies and "smart snacks" (like yogurt, granola bars, sliced carrots, peanut butter, fruit, etc.). Next, get active for a little every day. Jog, do a pilates or kickboxing DVD, play basketball with friends, bike ride, walk quickly, swim...whatever is fun for you. All these things will help your body kick its metabolism into shape! That will help you gradually get your BMI where you want it - in a healthy way!
Lauren C.

by volleyball4lifee on 2/3/2012 9:15:14 PM

This probably sounds dumb but what does MOD stand for?

by fiala123 on 2/3/2012 9:06:18 PM

oh yeah totally talking to your dad about sex sounds great...smaaaaaaaaart GL.

by paxetcaritas101 on 2/3/2012 8:57:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD Hey I was just wondering if you have any good ideas to get my boyfriend for valentines day? We have been dating for 2 months. Is a stuffed animal and candy a good idea? And could you give me other ideas? Thanks!

Hey Dancer1846, yeah I like the stuffed animal candy idea. You could also get him one of those giant valentines day cards from CVS or Rite-Aid and write him a message about how happy you are that he's your boyfriend and that you two are celebrating v-day together. A box of chocolates and a card is nice too. Maybe you could make him some cookies or brownies. Hope this helps! xoxo

Lynae P.

by Dancer1846 on 2/3/2012 8:12:33 PM

**MOD MOD MOD MOD** Okay, so I'm going to a huge indoor waterpark tomorrow from about 10 o'clock AM to about 6 PM. I just showered and my hair is still damp...is there anything I can do to save my hair from chlorine damage or skin damage?? Please answer while my hair is still damp! x0x0...! -Haley <3

Hey fungirl123, just be sure to wash your hair once you get out of the pool. The sooner you wash all the chlorine out the better. Have fun! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by fungirl123 on 2/3/2012 8:08:48 PM

I'd never have the guts to............ever!

by clem10 on 2/3/2012 8:03:14 PM