AN HOUR AGO Still a few hours left of #BlackFriday, and we're stocking up. What deals did you get today?

2 HOURS AGO 5 ways to deal when you're feeling down: r

4 HOURS AGO #QUIZ! What signals are you sending to your crush?

Can I speed up my period?

I was just wondering if there was any way I could make Aunt Flo pack her bags a li’l more quickly…

MODMODMODMODI'm eleven and I've have had my period for about a year and my last one only lasted a day and I have had nothing for about three months all my mom said to do is to track it what else should I do????? HELP

Helen S.

by Rocker711 on 11/3/2012 12:03:03 PM

I hate it when Aunt Flo comes to town. /=

by BabyDahl13 on 9/18/2012 4:11:56 PM

this may sound wierd but i dont know what a tampon is or how to use one ???? help :?

Hannah H.

by kwarnecke2000 on 9/11/2012 4:26:18 PM

Hey girl,

If you're bleeding, it's probably your period, but you should describe your symptoms to your mom or a doc so that they can find out what's up. Your symptoms sound totally normal though, so don't worry!

Meghan D.

by purple10115 on 9/1/2012 8:48:08 PM

I got my period in July and I'm the only one in my class that is having her period
So in school our backpacks are in a corner of the room and my little bag with pads and stuff are over there. Any ideas about getting that bag without anyone noticing? Also in the bathroom how do you stick on a pad/tampon quickly? It's my third period.

Hey girl,

Even if you go over there to get your bag, I'm sure no one will notice the difference! They might think you are just getting a pencil or school supply. You could also take your whole backpack to the bathroom, though that would be a bit of a hassle! Once you've had your period for a while, you will be able to change pads faster, but don't worry about that now! You'll be fine Smile

Meghan D.

by cupcakelover295 on 8/31/2012 8:54:52 PM

I just got my first period a while back. I told my mom and she told me everything and taught me to use a tampon. I also already really knew everything cuz Im already almost 15 and the last of my friends to get it. Im fine with it now, and so do I really need to tell my mom when I get it EVERY month? I just got my 2nd one and it's really awkward telling my mom and I feel like im fine on my own. But before she kept asking if I got my 2nd one like she wants to know. Do I really have to tell her again?

Hey girl! Let her know you got it (you don't have make a big deal, just mention it in passing). She might just want to check in and make sure everything is happenin' all as it should be.  You don't have to tell her EVERY time, but if she asks, it doesn't have to be awkward to chat about- periods should be an embarrassing thing to talk about with other women. xoxo
Kate G.

by alyssadiver on 8/23/2012 12:03:15 PM

Modmodmod di just got my period and even though i know how to use tampons im not really comfortable with using them. Unfortunately my dad want to take me and my brother swimming tomorrow. Though the last thing i want to do is swim. i don't want to crush my dads feelings by not going but i REALLY dont want to swim and if i go to the pool i know theyll find a way to make me get in the water. Please help i have know idea what to do! Thanks!

Hey girly! It's hard to get used to tampons at first. But, the more you use them, the more comfortable they'll be. You could always wear one just for swimming, and take a pad to switch over to after you're done swimming Smile

Becca G.

by myipodrox16 on 8/11/2012 12:35:17 PM

Mod mod mod!
How do you put in those weird cardboard tampons? I'm going to camp for the entire week that I'll have my period and I'll be swimming a lot. Help me!!!

Hey girlie! Cardboard tampons are the same as plastic tampons, the holder is just made of different material.  Open one up and see- you can insert it the same way as plastic applicators.  xoxo

Kate G.

by goldenheart7 on 8/7/2012 12:09:20 PM

I've had my first period and it's been about 30 days so, if it's regular, I should be getting my second period really soon. I'm going on a road trip where the gast stations are REALLY far apart. How much will a pantyliner hold if I can't get to a bathroom? What should I do?

Hey girl! Try a pad, which will be the most absorbant.  Also, wear dark clothes and sit on something in your car (a towel or washable blanket), just in case.  Unless the gas stations are more than 12 hours apart, though, you should be fine. xoxo

Kate G.

by pepperseeds on 8/6/2012 2:35:18 PM

Do doctors weigh you by height or by age?
(Meaning are you supposed to weigh a certain amount at a certain age or a certain amount at a certain height?)

Hey girl! Doctors calculate weight and height to determine average weights for each age. xxooo
Maggie P.

by beautybaby7000 on 8/2/2012 2:52:18 PM

Always running out the door in the morning? Take the extra millisecond to put both backpack straps on your shoulders to prevent back injuries down the line.
What do you wear on your lips?

Tight, hip-hugging jeans are hazardous to your health.

WIN IT! Can *you* solve the mystery?