4 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

7 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

8 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Can I speed up my period?

I was just wondering if there was any way I could make Aunt Flo pack her bags a li’l more quickly…

Mod Mod. Mod. Mod. Mod. ModMod Mod. Mod. Mod. Mod. ModMod Mod. Mod. Mod. Mod. Mod. Plzzzzzz answer ok so this is really akwerd when u get ur period what does it feel like

Hey girl!  This isn't awkward at all, it's totally normal to want to know!  Except for occasional cramps and aching that some girls get, periods don't really feel like anything.  xoxo

Kate G.

by nina20017 on 7/17/2012 1:38:19 AM

this has nothing to do with periods.my couisin is 15 and pregnent!is this wrong?

by blue543 on 7/14/2012 9:04:57 PM

I'm like 10 days late on my period.
Is their anyway to jumpstart it?

Hey girl,

There's no easy way to make your period come faster, but if you're worried about your schedule, you should talk to a doc or nurse to be safe.

Meghan D.

by Makeup Artist #1 on 7/13/2012 11:53:20 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
i am going into 7th grade this year! (I'm 12) the doctor said i will get my period in about 6 months-a year. Which is around the time my mom had hers,so i know its coming soon! i've have pubic hair, i started shaving my armpit hair about 6 months ago, i got breast buds also about 6 months ago,i got discharge in march, ive been tired 247 lately, and recently started getting slight headaches a lot. I haven't had pms or cramps yet. I've nervous im going to get it during school! As if school isn't stressful enough! I know my period might be far away but i'm nervous about swimming. I'm scared to wear tampons and i know my mom wouldn't let me wear them at first anyway. i'm afraid not wearing tampons will effect when my family goes on vacation and swimming and stuff is huge. Are there any signs to tell its like months away close? Is there anyway to not wear tampons and still go swimmming during your period? sorry this is long! Thank You!<3

Hey girl,

Unfortunately I can't tell you a clever way to tell your period is coming months in advance, but don't be too worried about it. When it first comes it will most likely be extremely light and easy to handle. Start out with pads and you can move to tampons when you're ready. For swimming, try to convince your mom to let you use tampons. If she won't let you, come to an agreement on what you can do so that you can go swimming with your period. Don't be scared to wear tampons--they're super easy and you don't even feel them once you're used to them! It definitely sounds like you're getting closer to getting your period, but don't worry too much. When your period is just starting you'll definitely be able to tell and run to the bathroom. Talk to your mom about the whole situation and explain your worries, etc. She'll give you some awesome advice and be able to help you out a ton

Catherine C.

by GlitterGirl14 on 7/13/2012 11:52:10 AM

MODMODMOD
I play volleyball and just got my period, only prob is that we have to wear skin tight spandex as part of the uniform. Tampons are out of the question completely so how can I keep the outline of my pad from showing through?

Hey girlie,

Unfortunately, "panty lines" and "pad lines" are kinda unavoidable since you can't try tampons. The only thing to do is wear a lighter pad and change it more often, or try wearing a couple pairs of really tight underwear so it keeps the pad from moving around/bulking up. <3
Lauren C.

by sarahgotglassses on 7/10/2012 10:03:17 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODDDDDDDDD :]
ohhhk. I've been have light to moderate cramps in my lower abdomen for the past few days, but I've also been drinking alot of green tea and one of the side effects of that is being a little gassy. are these period cramps or gassy cramps or what? I Don't have my first peiod yet either. But I've been having nausea, backaches, cramps, and headaches... why?
T-HANKS!

hey! these are all symptoms that you might be about to get your period, but just wait watch and see what happens

Helen S.

by pupcake101 on 7/10/2012 7:49:31 PM

MODMODMODMOD!!!!
I have 3 questions....
I got my period but don't know how to tell my mom... Any idea?
If your not on your period but want to practice with tampons, can you? Like can you try putting it in but take it right back out?
I'm on the swim team... Can I swim if my flow is really light without a tampon?

Hey chica!  Everyone girl get's their period at some point, so you don't need to worry about telling your mom- just let her know you need pads, panty liners, and tampons. I wouldn't recommend trying to put in tampons unless you have your period- it won't be very comfortable and it will be harder to get the tampon in.  You risk staining your clothes if you swim without a tampon.  Your flow may be light when you go it, but you can't predict how it will be all day and a light flow is still a flow, so you want protection!  xoxo

Kate G.

by BeautyBaby7000 on 7/10/2012 10:46:06 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I'm almost 13 (this August) and I have had my period since October 2010. I was 11. I was supposed to get my period last Friday but it didn't come. I've been wearing a pad but I'm super worried. I know I'm not pregnant because I have had NO sexual contact with any guy at all. I only kissed a guy once (on a dare) and that was last year. So why isn't my period coming? I'm too afraid to tell my parents because I don't want them to worry. But I'm stressing out about it! HELP!

Hey girlie,

Even having your period for two years doesn't mean it will be regular yet! I know it's annoying, but it's totally normal for your period to be irregular and sometimes be delayed. It can be affected by hormone levels, changes in sleep/stress/diet, etc. Try not to worry about it - if you're not sexually active, then you know you're not pregnant and it's just taking it's good ol' time this month. It will come when it's ready! <3
Lauren C.

by mikabean on 7/9/2012 10:04:42 PM

when i get my period i cant do anything. i cant get up and move and if i do i HAVE to keep movin nothing helps (that ive tried) ive thrown up ive cried is there anything i can do?

by tianaxbiddy on 7/8/2012 7:18:45 PM

MODMODMOD
So I got my period, then had it agian, but then the next month, I didn't get it, and last month I didn't get it. Is this normal because I just started having it, or not? Thanks soooo much!

Hey cutie!

Yes this is normal, periods are often very irregular especially when you first start having it. Don't worry about it unless it stays very irregular. In this case, talk to a parent and maybe think about seeing a doctor, just to check up on everything!

Catherine C.