Bridget M.

is modding

1 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

2 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

3 HOURS AGO How to deal with a super-strict dad: http://t.co/CuQ1uUykKt

COMMENTS

Can I speed up my period?

I was just wondering if there was any way I could make Aunt Flo pack her bags a li’l more quickly…

Mod Mod Mod!
Recently I've started working out more and eating healthier because I want to get in shape. I normally run and I love how it feels after I'm done working out Smile A couple days ago I got my first period, and I haven't worked out at all since. I'm not sure if you CAN workout too much when you're on your period! My main question is, can I go running on my period if I'm wearing a pad? I don't think I'm ready for tampons yet. Thank you : )

Hey babe!

Yep, it's totally fine to workout while you have your period. In fact, it can be helpful and boost your mood and any other PMS symptoms!
Kelly G.

by barenziah97 on 7/4/2012 3:19:35 PM

MODMODMMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD okay thank you but im scared of tampons. I know it isnt ok to put in when off ur period and still is risky when on because of tss. I dont no if its okay. And i will be there forever, and i dont know when to change. And i only have one absorbency, so i might leak. But hoe do i no when to change? Like im worried.

Hey again!

With tampons, it's always better to be safe than sorry. In general, you should change it every few hours, depending on how heavy your flow is. Bring a bunch of tampons with you so you're not worried about running out. If you have a really heavy flow, change it every 2 hours or so. If it's not too bad, try every 4 hours. Running to the bathroom is annoying and inconvenient, but you'll be glad you do when you don't leak.
Rachael A.

by savanny on 6/25/2012 11:01:56 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD i got my period for the first time today. And mt team is having a party this afternoon. And it at a waterpark. I have to go, and i really want to swim. Plus my crush will bethere! What should i do???

Hey girl!

The only way you can swim while on your period is to use a tampon. I know that's kind of scary since this is your first period, but if you can use a tampon, you'll feel so much better and more confident. If you use a pad and go in the water, it will get all soggy and icky--not good!
Rachael A.

by savanny on 6/25/2012 10:43:56 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!
My family is going on vacation here in a couple of weeks to the beach. I am supposed to get my period during that time. I don't wear tampons and my flow is usually heavy. Is there any way I can still swim and be confident?

Hey girl!

The only way you can swim is to wear a tampon. Try using one! You'll be so much more comfortable and confident if you use one. You'll have so much less to worry about!
Rachael A.

by sarieberry98 on 6/22/2012 2:47:48 PM

Mod MOD MOD:
So cheer camp is tomorrow and i started this month's period this morning. What are some things that i can do to make sure i'm protected and I wont leak and ruin my camp clothes and how to manage it well? PLEASE reply STASAP! Thankyou!! Smile

Hey Girl--

Just be sure to change your tampon every few hours and you should be fine. If you're nervous, you could also wear a thicker panty liner to prevent any leaks.

have fun!
simone s.

by selena_wiz_lover on 6/21/2012 2:20:43 PM

modmodmodmodmodmodmod
okay so this week ive been really active. like playin basketball all morning. and i dnt have my period, but after, i have like really light brownish discharge. what is this??? plzz answer soon!!

Hey girl,

I don't think that's really anything more serious than a sign that your period may be coming soon.

Jordan S.

by summergirl190 on 6/20/2012 7:19:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I'm 10 years old and have discharge, hair, mood swings,boobs, etc. minus period. I don't have my period but for some reason when I was watching tv, I got a bad cramp pain on the left side of my uterus, by my you know what. . . girl part. What kind of cramp is that? Was it just from sitting to long or will I get my period soon?

Hey chica, if you were getting cramps because of your period, you'd probably get it in within the next day or two. But if this cramp that you're talking about was only for a few minutes and only happened once, then it was probably just a fluke. If ya start getting major cramps but don't get your period, you should see a doc. 10 is still really young to get your period, though, so if ya don't get it, be patient.
Carrie R.

by chloe4137 on 6/20/2012 1:54:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD.....i am 11 years old and i have all of the signs of maybe getting my period like armpit,pubic hair discharge etc. the district nurse told us you will probably get your period when your mom did...my mom got hers when she was like 15?i know this is weird but i just want my period to start! is there any way my period would start now?

Hey girl,

Periods can start at anytime. Unfortunately, there isn't a full-proof way to guarantee when you'll get it. Just try to be patient! Your body knows when it's time.
Kelly G.

by hawii12328 on 6/20/2012 1:13:08 AM

why arent my questions showing up??????? i posted a few, but none of them show up in this article!!!!

Hey girl,

We get tons and tons of questions so sometimes it's hard to get to them all! Try posting it again and I'll get back to you ASAP.

best of luck

simone s.

by summergirl190 on 6/19/2012 2:45:10 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!
okay so i know that ur period is supposed to be irregular the first few years, but mine is settling into some strange pattern. so the first time i got it, nbd. but it seems that the last two times i got it, it stays for a week, leaves for 4 days, and then comes back for little less then a week. is this just a coincidence, or is it bad? cause ive heard that if it goes longer then 14 days, u should c a doc. but what about this?? and if i went to the doc, what would they do?? answer soon please!!!!!!Smile

Hey Girl,

Fluctuations like yours are completely normal. However, it couldn't hurt to speak to your doctor. Just tell her you're confused about your cycle. Trust me, she's heard (and seen!) way, way worse.

best of luck!