4 HOURS AGO 4 brilliant ways to wear a braid crown: http://t.co/Vh5xQu3jr0

7 HOURS AGO Which trendy print are you? http://t.co/ZNIaHQDOTy

8 HOURS AGO This sweetie shows that sometimes life really can be like the movies: http://t.co/5BF8G1XBso

COMMENTS

Can I speed up my period?

I was just wondering if there was any way I could make Aunt Flo pack her bags a li’l more quickly…

I use U by Kotex for tweens, is tht a good type of pad?? I just tried it out a couple of hours ago....will it hold all the blood on??? Also, I started my 4 or 5th period...is it strange for my period to start on april 2nd and start again on april 30th?? I thought it happens 1 month later on the same day but its always different! Frown Also, tomorrow I have gym class, what should I do to protect from leaking( also: i go 2 a all girls skool so should I bring pads to skool, i see others do it all the time???)

Hey babe,

At this age your flow is bound to be irregular, it really won't become predictable until your later teen years.

Yes, your pad should hold it sufficiently, but if it doesn't then your best bet is to give tampons a shot.
Jordan S.

by Susmita24 on 4/30/2012 6:05:32 PM

i have a question. when ever i run or play sports i get a lot of sweat in my underwear and i know its sweat not discharge. anyway where is the sweat coming from is it coming from my legs or my vagina? and how can i make it not fell as wet "down there"

Hey girlie,

Your body sweats all over, but some areas have more sweat glands than others, like between your legs.  You can't really make it occur less, but you can wash more thoroughly where you sweat more.
Jordan S.

by softballgal72 on 4/30/2012 4:36:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm 14 and haven't gotten my period yet. I really couldn't care less in fact, I'm pretty glad I haven't had to deal with it yet, but my mom isn't. She keeps telling me to eat more of this, do more of that in the hopes it'll speed up my hormones. I know it won't really work, but she is hopelessly old fashioned, and thinks that since I'm a "late-bloomer" I'm less feminine, her worst fear. I do lots of girly things, but she just can't be satisfied! What can I do to get her off my back?

Hey girl,

Your period can be slower if you're underweight or super athletic, so why not ask your mom if you can set up an appointment with your doc? That way, you can get some professional recommendations about what's up with your period and get the advice you need. As for being feminine, let your mom know that you have your own personality -- she'll understand that!

Meghan D.

by chitownaussie on 4/27/2012 9:22:06 PM

Hey girl! We mods try to answer most any question we get, but sometimes, there are questions that it would be better to get answered somewhere other than GL. I think you'll get a more complete answer if you were to bring this issue to a teacher or other trusted adult. Best of luck chica!

Helen S.

by MusikRox1999 on 4/27/2012 3:09:48 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I'm 14, and I haven't had my first period yet. I'm a bit under weight, about (edited by mod) lbs, and I'm 5'1. I'm wondering 1. What will happen if it never comes? and 2. Does my weight have anything to do about it?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Your first period can be affected by all sorts of body factors including your weight, but we can't tell you exactly why your period hasn't come yet. But first periods come at all different ages depending on the girl - some girls get it as late as 16! Don't panic Smile If you have questions about your weight, your period, or anything else body-related, definitely talk to your doctor, who is the only person qualified to give you advice like that Smile
Lauren C.

by sawlly_cool on 4/26/2012 7:54:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! last question, lol
Okay, so I'm on my period and I was like cleaning up down there, like wiping until there was completely nothing, this is kinda nasty, but I was wondering how big your vagina was like the actual vagina itself, so I stuck my finger up there... Did I masturbate by doing that??bc now I'm like really grossed out so yeah, Just wondering.

I wouldn't consider that masturbation, no.  You didn't intentionally do it with some kind of pleasurable aim.  Even if it was, that wouldn't be anything to be grossed out by.

By the way, your actual vaginal canal is only a few inches long.
Jordan S.

by Tayincali on 4/23/2012 8:32:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Hi so I'm on my period and I'm having really really bad cramps, so I was thinking about taking a hot bath, but I read that your not supposed to take a bath while your on your period.. Is this true???
also, should I tell my mom about my cramps and see if she has any advice. And my periods heavy and it's only the second day!!!
HELP!!
Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a bath while you're on your period.  If anything, it should help soothe your muscles.  And your mom should have some advice, so why not tell her!
Jordan S.

by Tayincali on 4/23/2012 7:56:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
so i really have a problem that i cant get over. im in 6th grade and mostly all of my friends are 12 and im 11. people say that most girls get their period at 12 and im afraid that all the other girls will get their period before me and i cant stop thinking about it every day! any suggestions on how to get my mind off of it???

Hey girl,

There's really no reason to want to have it right now.  Every girl will get it at a different time, whenever their bodies are ready.  Anyways, in the end, nothing really changes once you get your first time period.  You're still the same girl.  Try to distract yourself by reading, of focusing on schoolwork, sports, etc.
Jordan S.

by Kelly268 on 4/23/2012 6:27:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
so Im on my period now, and all day I've been having horrible cramps. What can I do to ease the pain?? Should I ask my mom for help???
Thanks so much Smile

Hey babe!

Look around here and you should find your answer:

Jordan S.

by Tayincali on 4/23/2012 6:07:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
My period has been really abnormal lately. Like a few months ago it didn't come at all, then it was like a week late...etc. My period has always been 100% normal and always came on the exact day its supposed. I've lost a bit of weight which my mom thinks might be causing this. I haven't intentionally been trying to loose weight but the last time I went to the doc I weighed 97 pounds...and I'm 16, so I'm really worried this is super unhealthy.
HELP!!!

Hey girl,

Weight loss can affect your period, and when you're young you can be irregular in general. If you're still getting periods, I wouldn't be too worried! If you're concerned about your weight, you should talk to your doctor to see what BMI range you fall under to make sure you're healthy.

Meghan D.