AN HOUR AGO Kill your period cravings with these healthy picks: http://t.co/AIbgSRKDNa

2 HOURS AGO 9 must-read books to binge on this weekend: http://t.co/wvZcj2xuJz

2 HOURS AGO Amp your everyday look with @AboutFacesDay's bubble braid tutorial on @Fanlala: http://t.co/3ZoRU8NHie

COMMENTS

Total-body tone-up for dreamin' gymnasts

ish you could conquer the uneven parallel bars or the balance beam?

I LOVE gymnastics!!!

by Sarah510 on 5/19/2012 9:32:36 AM

I am a level 6 competitive gymnast and I need a bigger split leap for my routines on floor and beam any tips?

Hey girl,

This is the best article we've got with gymnastics specifically in mind, but check out our other workouts for some great tips on staying totally toned! http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by skgpace on 3/2/2012 11:18:12 PM

Thanks! I've been doing gymnastics fro 8 years, and my coach always has us do these exercises, and now I know why!

by peaceupdog99 on 2/18/2012 11:58:53 AM

MOD: I'm dancing in a show, and our choreographer put a split into one of the dances, but I can't do a split. Any ideas on some stretches that could help? Thanks so much!Smile

Hey kh3639, check out this article for help! http://www.fitness-training-at-home.com/split-stretching-exercises.html Xoxo

Lynae P.

by kh3639 on 2/17/2012 5:29:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD hi, so i've always realllly wanted to take ballet, but i have nooo idea how to find a good dance studio that will teach 13 year old beginners. I live in cleveland, but every time i google something like "dance studios in cleveland" the only ones i can find are in the ghetto. any suggestions?

Hey guitargirl7321, try getting a phonebook and look up dance studios in there. There should be some in better neighborhoods, and since they're in the  phonebook they've porbably been around longer which might mean they have a good reputation. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by guitargirl7321 on 2/17/2012 11:08:25 AM

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS, YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVER OF YOUR LIFE. TOMMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS, DON'T STOP, THIS IS FREAKY.

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by fieldhockeybabexoxo on 2/17/2012 11:01:47 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I am going on a 10-15 day hike in about a year and it is one of the hardest trails in North America, so i need to shape up fast. Any suggestions?

Hey littlemissfashion, try jogging, jumping jacks, lifting weights, and biking. Go for exercises that work your leg muscles. Have fun and hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by littlemissfashion on 2/17/2012 10:49:35 AM

I think it'd be really helpful if they put video tutorials of these workouts, then I'd know if I'm defo doing it right x

by shockingpink on 2/16/2012 5:57:23 PM

MODDD!!!!!! I was just wondering if u have a workout for muffin top,flat stomach, and legs and inner thighs???!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Hey Kitkate963, try jumping jacks, leg lunges, jogging, and sit ups. Good luck girl!

Lynae P.

by Kitkate963 on 2/15/2012 7:03:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!! idk if this will show up bc some of my comments havent been but I've got my fingers crossed that this one will!! I was just wondering about how to put on some weight. I feel like I am too skinny but its not like I have an eating disorder or anything, I actually like pig out on food like every day but no matter what I do I cant seem to put on any weight!! People always comment that I am so skinny or that theres no one skinnier than me. I am perfectly healthy. Soo I was just wondering if you have any ideas that could help me gain some weight??? thanks so much!!

Hey girlie,

You probably have a high metabolism, which lets you eat a lot and not gain much weight. That's just your body - nothing wrong with that! I can understand wanting to put a little weight on though, to look healthier and stop all the comments from other people about it. (Seriously, people can't mind their own business!) The best way to do this is actually NOT to pig out on junk food, eating high calorie foods and sweets. Instead, you should talk to a doctor and/or nutritionist (your pediatrician is fine to start off with - he/she can refer you to another doctor if they need to) about what you want to do. They can help you make a plan including healthy foods, snacks, and eating schedules that is good for your body! Smile
Lauren C.