11 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

14 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

15 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

5 things to write on your mirror, right now

Those days when you just feel down are no match for you anymore, chica...

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I am not a nice person. I have mood swings that change almost every 3 seconds. I have a BF and a BFF named Maria. I am SOOO nasty to them! Yesterday my BF texted me and I didn't reply because I wanted to punch him in the face. The text wasn't even that bad! It was something like "Good night imy" or something like that. I just remember it making me so angry that I wanted to punch the wall and throw things around. Maria idk HOW she still wants to be my friend. Anything she says that doesn't agree with me (and thats a lot) and I tell her to go away and stop talking to me. And then again with the wanting to punch the wall and stuff. Why am I doing this? I'm worried if I hurt them I'll get in trouble or regret it. HELP?! Thanks.
~Kalavera

Hey Kalavera,

First off, try not to question why your BF and bestie are sticking around. They're there with you even through the mood swings, which means they really care about you because they think you're a good person no matter what! Smile But you gotta get to the bottom of WHY you're feeling this way. Is there anything that brings on these mood swings? Try keeping a journal so you can record how you're feeling each time it happens. It's also unhealthy to keep all those feelings inside (but duh, you don't wanna unleash them on your loved ones), so writing them down is a GREAT way to vent. If you're still feeling super angry and confused why it's happening, try talking to your doctor about it. It could just be normal hormone changes, but don't be silent about it - this is totally common and a doctor can help you talk it through, figure out what's going on, and help you balance things out Smile
Lauren C.

by tessascuzin287 on 5/31/2012 11:03:39 PM

Mod!
I really need help. In the past, I've had issues with self harm and suicidal thoughts. I want to tell my friend, just because we tell each other everything. But, I don't know how to tell her, or even if I should, because she thinks people who self harm are weak and I'm afraid she'll stop talking to me if I tell her. I don't want to ruin our relationship. How do I tell her, if I even should?

by rocketships_and_radios on 3/7/2012 8:07:28 PM

I wish I even had a mirror in my room.....

by Malia23 on 2/22/2012 5:11:45 PM

How young is too young to get a facebook? I really think its basically the same as GL without the articles if you set your privacy settings and are super careful, right?
Thanx
XOXO
Ava

My personal opinion is that you really don't need a facebook until high school, maybe eighth grade.  That is, after all, when I first set up mine.  You can't really use it to it's fullest until then.

But, if you don't have a cell phone, it can be difficult to communicate with friends and in that case I think having a facebook in its' place is perfectly okay.

In the end, it's really up to your parents!
Jordan S.

by hermione&ron on 2/21/2012 4:33:28 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by jessann on 2/20/2012 10:37:04 AM

i love this!

by iloveballet&singing on 2/17/2012 9:44:01 PM

"fake it till ya make it" love that <3

by kenzi143 on 2/17/2012 6:26:24 PM

My parents are super strict, I have good grades, but when it comes to hanging out with people who I havent seen in forever, they get all weird and wont let me go. What do I do? :/

by savannadiane on 2/16/2012 11:12:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I really like this boy, and he really likes me, but he lives seven hours away from me! He and I both have facebooks, but he doesn't get on a lot, and I don't have texting on my cell. How can we communicate?

Hey Girl,

Long-distance relationships can be so hard, I feel ya! I think the most important thing is that you guys schedule times to be online (Facebook) so that you can plan ahead! You should also try out Skype or Viber, which lets you make free phone calls online!
alicia m.

by Abbythedreamer98 on 2/16/2012 11:59:41 AM

I always write "Northern Downpour" on my mirror, whenever I see it I think of the song "Norhern Downpour" by Panic! At the Disco...it always lifts my spirits. Smile

by ginger-rach on 2/15/2012 7:39:00 PM

by Princess Keziyah on 2/14/2012 10:46:57 AM

Hey girlies!

Check out my blog!

I'd really apreciate it! Smile
Thanks soo much!

xoxo
♥whitney

by beauty4girls on 2/14/2012 12:47:06 AM

Hey Everyone!(: Come Join my club 'Girls Rule'! It's a great club for all different girls to hang out and have an amazing time!(: We Discuss fun topics such as music, guys, beauty, fashion, makeup, school, celebs, and more! Hope U join!
<333,
Madi(:

by *MusicGirl16* on 2/13/2012 8:20:49 PM

what do i write it in??

by maggie2567 on 2/13/2012 6:04:17 PM

Mod
I'm skinny but a healthy wieght. But I'm a ballet dancer and since we have to wear leotards, we can see every little thing. So what are some workout to make my stomach flatter? I don't need to make a big of a change but it would make me more comfortable at dance class. Also I have kinda big thighs... How can I make them smaller?
Also my younger sisterand I are about the same hieght although she's three years younger. She's always comparing her body to mine! And she's always telling me and my mom that she fat! She's no where near fat but she does weigh quite a bit more that me. I want to help her. The only thing that would really make her seem fat is her stomach... she has a lot of fat there. Is there something I can do with her to make it go away? How long would it take to make it go away? Help!!!

Here is a link to workouts you and your sister can do together.

Amanda P.

by rosietoes4ever on 2/13/2012 4:18:07 PM

Coolio... Smile

by amileofroses on 2/12/2012 10:32:55 PM

Nice. I love quotes! One of my faves is "Best Friend: Some one you ant stay mad at for more than an hour because you hav something to tell them. "

by ZeusSister on 2/12/2012 10:03:53 PM

Cool! But i can't write on a mirror/ Smile

by charlotte12sky4 on 2/12/2012 7:35:16 PM

who you crush is or your face

by supercupcake7 on 2/12/2012 7:34:47 PM

Great tips GL!!! Keep on doing what you're doingSmile
Happy Valentines day Mods!
xoxo, DaNcInGQu33N9812

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 2/12/2012 7:26:37 PM

My parents would kill me if I wrote on my mirror lol

by Princess Keziyah on 2/12/2012 7:01:38 PM

mod mod mod mod
well i live in pa and im talking to a guy in kentucky (dont ask) but he asked me to be his valentine and i said yes and everything and were talking like people do before they date. this is all good but this would be my first relationship and itll be long distance. any tips? thanks Smile

Well I'm in a suuuuper long distance relationship. So I personally have no problem with them and think they can be great. The tips I have for you are to keep in touch, and make special moments. Have a skype date where you eat together and then watch a movie. Share secrets and stay close. Thats how me and my boyfriend survive the distance. Good luck hon! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Libson15562 on 2/12/2012 6:08:00 PM

being happy is #1 Smile

by mandyluvsyew on 2/12/2012 6:06:03 PM

my 'golden rule' for life? never regret anything that made you smile Smile

by 86cutie on 2/12/2012 12:56:01 PM

Mod mod mod
How can i become a better tennis player when my friends and family wont help me practice no matter how many times i ask, there are no tennis courts/classes around here even at the YMCA, and i cant ask a classmate because i am trying out for a team a different school. I just really want the opportunity to play and nobody will help.

Hey girl,

Try hitting a tennis ball off a wall, talking to your gym teacher or school tennis coach (even if you're trying out somewhere else), or chatting with someone random on your school's team. It might be a stretch and you might feel awkward at first, but it's worth reaching out and asking! You gotta practice to get better Smile You should also seriously talk to your parents about your desire to play. They might think it's just a passing interest so they don't want to devote too much time/money to it, but if they know you're REALLY serious about it and you talk to them maturely, they might be more willing to help.
Lauren C.

by wednesday1408 on 2/12/2012 12:25:01 PM

ModModModMod-
So I'm a writer and I want to submit my work to different places. I know gl accepts writing but when I try it never posts mine, is gl accepting other valentines day related writing that arent letters? Are there other ways to post my poetry other places? Thank you!!(:

Hey girlie,

GL always loves to get submissions from our readers! We can't guarantee we'll post them though - I'm sure you're an awesome writer, but we have a lot of other girls submitting stuff too. So unfortunately, we can't post everything! Keep trying though! Poetry, letters, short stories - you name it, we've posted it in the past. <3
Lauren C.

by livesmiledance on 2/12/2012 12:21:50 PM

MODMODMOD!
Hey, so I won something on December 25th from the daily giveaways, and I still haven't recieved it. Do I need to contact someone?

Hey girl,

YES, let us know asap! Please email trish@girlslife.com and give your personal info, the prize you won, and any other info that might be helpful.
Lauren C.

by uni301 on 2/12/2012 12:13:53 PM

i wish pretty is what pretty does was on here thats my fav quote!! its so true u can be really ugly and be nice and caring and thats pretty Smile

by fearless;) on 2/12/2012 11:47:14 AM

I love this! I have a huge volleyball game comming up soon,and I have a tendency to make myself play worse when I make one little mistake, because I'm so upset. This def makes sense.

by uni301 on 2/12/2012 11:32:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
what is the average range of weight for a 12 year old. im just wondering. thanks
!

Hey girlie,

Your "healthy" weight actually doesn't depend on your age - it depends on your height! If you have any questions or concerns about weight, definitely ask your doctor. He/she is a professional and the only person qualified to tell you what weight range you should be in <3
Lauren C.

by abcgirl790 on 2/12/2012 11:31:12 AM

OKay... am SO SICK of, "anything is possible"

I mean, seriously, aren't we over this yet?

by spencer9800 on 2/12/2012 10:03:11 AM