16 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

17 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

18 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

Dear Li - A love letter

Crushing on a special someone in secret? So is this GL reader. Here's her love letter to the guy of her dreams. Dear Li, Oh...

by nazirah817 on 2/11/2013 7:46:02 PM

I contacted trish@girlslife.com b/c I won december week one givaway and haven't recived it. She hasn't replied. Can you tell her? Thanks. If you can't should I resend it?

by echosong on 2/11/2012 7:32:41 PM

Aww this is really sweet and I like how she's not ashamed she hasn't been on a date or anythingSmile

by svds on 2/11/2012 7:20:01 PM

**************

Need Advice?? Then ask me, KitKat! I can help with ANY Problem you have! I'm kind sweet and quick to respond! Ask me any questions like things about boys, friends, fashion, fitness and my personal specialties of DANCE! So write on my page and I'll respond ASAP! Smile

by KitKat10101010 on 2/11/2012 7:06:11 PM

aww! How sweet!

by charlotte12sky4 on 2/11/2012 6:54:05 PM

Cute! I love her words and descriptions!

by HelenaPS on 2/11/2012 6:46:50 PM

by Princess Keziyah on 2/11/2012 6:12:02 PM

awww

by oreolover123 on 2/11/2012 5:18:39 PM

MOd MOD MOD
Well this is probably one of the weirder questions that's been on here. (If not let me know, I take it as a challenge.)I have a weird celebrity-ish crush on this blogger and pop culture analyst. Her interpretations are so insightful, and her fanfiction is so nuanced and complicated.(Eh, I say her, but the person in question is genderqueer but goes by female pronouns online.) The problem is, she isn't really a celebrity, so her life is not part of the public domain in the way the lives of professional celebrities are. So then, what are the moral implications of crushing on someone you've never interacted with who is not a celebrity? I feel kind of uncomfortable about it, and would like to solicit your opinion. (Anyone else reading this, drop by my profile and weigh in.)

Hey girl,

I think the same "celeb crush" rules apply - she may not be a star but she's a public figure, just like the Biebs or Lindsay Lohan. She might not be in the tabloids, but she still puts herself out there and offers parts of her life to be "consumed" by the public. I wouldn't feel uncomfy about appreciating her point of view and crushing on her a little! Smile But just like other celeb crushes, it's important to remember you DON'T actually know her - and the chances of knowing her are still slim. Just stay practical! <3
Lauren C.

by peaches and raspberries on 2/11/2012 5:01:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD i have a bf but i dont know what to get him for valentines day, any ideas? btw we havent been going out that long

Hey girl, there are some adorable DIY ideas online for V-Day gifts! I would say, make your own gifts, he would appreciate that more. Definitely stick to something little. Maybe you can give him some candies and make a card?

lauren r.

by quinn1218 on 2/11/2012 3:47:34 PM

Oh, GL, thank you for publishing my love letter! Smile It's nice to get my feelings out there. Laughing
Li is so amazing. I really do hope that V-day is something special for me.

by kadabrafreak890 on 2/11/2012 3:18:09 PM

I sent one of these on Wednesday. Will all of the stories submitted be posted? I really want mine posted, because I want my feelings to be out in public. Thanks!

Hey girl,

If your story is selected, our editors will publish it when they decide is a good time!

Meghan D.

by Gleek13pgn on 2/11/2012 11:34:21 AM

Aww!

by CupcakeCutie_21 on 2/11/2012 11:15:38 AM

Awwwwweee!

by Pistachio Queen on 2/11/2012 10:30:19 AM

I love it!!!
Will you continue to put love letters up after Valentine's day because I want to write one but won't have enough time to write it before Valentine's day.

Hey girl,

We love reading -- and publishing -- reader-generated writing pieces year round, so feel free to submit something after V Day!

Meghan D.

by quest6c on 2/11/2012 10:23:02 AM

Modmodmod
Hey! I'm babysitting Wednesday and I'm thinking since its only the day AFTER valentines day I'd still get them to make cupcakes for it. The little girl is 5 and the boy is 7. So I have two questions:
1. How do I make the cupcakes pink with a yellow cake mix?
2. What do I do if the little boy thinks its too girly? I'm going to have different colored frostings and such.
Thank you!(:

Hey girl,

That sounds like a fun babysitting project! If you only use a drop or two of red food coloring, it should come out pink. Why not bring another color of food coloring like green or blue so that both children won't think the pink is too girly and can choose what they want? Have fun!

Meghan D.

by EgirlH.97 on 2/11/2012 8:57:36 AM

How on Earth does she have the guts to send that?

by hollistersister on 2/11/2012 3:57:03 AM