9 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

12 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

13 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

COMMENTS

How to talk to the popular cutie

Social ranking got you nervous? Don't let it! Here are our no-fail tips to grab his attention.

MOD MOD MOD!!
Hi again, The guy that I've liked and known for 2 years I asked about before well we've been dating for 2 weeks now. We've both finally realized that our feelings for each other are stronger than we thought. Everyone says we will be together forever, but forever might end this summer because were both going to completely different high schools. The good thing is that I could go to his high school if I use my dads address, but the bad thing is I just got accepted into the College prep program for my high school. When I got the letter my parents were excited but I was dying on the inside. I told my mother I wanted to go to the high school for my dads address but I didn't tell her why. Should I give up the College prep program for the guy I love or Give up the guy I love for the College prep program??? Please Help

Hey girl,

It sounds like a lot to give up a good high school program for a guy you've only been dating for two weeks. What did your mom say? Your parents' advice is super important on this one! How far apart are your high schools? It will be tough to not go to the same school as your boyfriend, but if you can still hang out on weekends and stay in touch through facebook and the phone during the week, it would probably be better to go to the college prep program, but that doesn't mean you can't still be with your bf!

Meghan D.

by xxCityGalxx on 4/28/2012 12:42:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I've liked this guy for a long time and i told him. He told his friend he liked me a lot to. My bff told me hes gonna ask me out on Monday, but i never know what to talk about or say to him. I guess its nervousness, when this happens i just feel like an idiot. Im afraid if we date it will be hard for me to talk to him even more. Hes the one who always starts the convos and i dont want him to think im not interested cuz believe me i am, Any advice???

Hey babe,

Don't feel pressured to ask him out.  Obviously you're not fully comfortable around him if you're worried that you won't know what to say to him.  Try to focus on getting closer to him, and once the conversations start to feel effortless and just flow, then ask him out.
Jordan S.

by xxCityGalxx on 4/14/2012 4:18:12 PM

Blarrrgh the popular ones USUALLY aren't even worth the trouble. They tend to be kind of egotistical and judgemental. I'm not saying ALL popular boys are bad!

by brownichick on 3/13/2012 8:31:09 PM

This is just like a thing that happened to my friend. She liked a guy last year when he was "sweet",(I am new, that is just what she told me) and now he is popular -and not very sweet- and she doesn't like him. Such a shame. They would be a cute couple. Tong

by Glitterheart16 on 3/3/2012 12:32:53 AM

Ok so there's this guy I like in my math class and he's really funny but annoying to others. He's loud and a troublemaker. I really like him. I know for a fact he likes me AND my BFF.

by Lanilulu on 3/1/2012 10:40:28 PM

MOD!!!
Please help me. I like this guy hes kinda popular, and i think he might like me back. I am also pretty shy, what should i do?!

Hey girlie,

Even though you're shy, you gotta muster up the courage and TALK TO HIM! Since he's popular, try chatting him up online or catch him one-on-one at his locker, when he's walking home from school, etc. When he's alone, you won't have the pressure of impressing his crew...and HE won't be thinking about what they'd do. He can make his own decisions and talk to you more honestly Smile Talk to him about his hobbies, your hobbies, a class you're both in, or something else you think he'd like to chat about. Give it a try - over time, you'll grow closer and closer... it'll get easier!
Lauren C.

by Mags3405 on 3/1/2012 5:04:32 PM

MOD!!!!
So I like this guy in my launguage arts class. He sits next to me and we are also both in the school play. I have a HUGE crush on him and I think he kinda likes me back. We both are really shy around new people though so we don't talk very often. He is also a lot more popular than me. WHat should I do should I just admire him from a distance or make a move?

Hey girl,

If you think he might like you, you could go for it and see what happens -- he might be totally into you, too! If you're still feelin' shy, keep hanging out with him as friends and see where things go. Maybe he'll make a move!

Meghan D.

by Catty13 on 2/25/2012 3:58:30 AM

MODMODMOD
Okay. So I like this guy and we talk everyday and even email each other! (he doesnt have a phone) We walk home everyday too! But the problem is I kind of dated him last year (I'm not allowed to date) and he dated my bestest friend (not really my best friend anymore) and another one of my friends!! He seems to like me too!! He is also everything I want in a guy! I'm not sure if I should go after him or just stay away cuz he dated so many of my friends? Please help!

Hey girlie,

If he seems to like you, respects you, makes you happy, has a great sense of humor, and has all the other stuff you're looking for... don't count him out! But I think the biggest problem here is that you're not allowed to date. So you'd go for him, and if things work out...then what? Try having a chat with your parents and figuring out how long that rule will last. That can help you decide. If it's gonna be another year or so before you can date, try to enjoy his company as a friend and flirt without hoping for it to turn into a BF situation. If you can date and turn this friendship into something more, then give it a try! Smile
Lauren C.

by jnndrt on 2/24/2012 9:07:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD !!
I like this popular guy at my school , and we hug every day but thats it .. I like him alot but we never really just talk .. We hug and walk off . How can I change that ?

Hey girlie,

The fact that you hug every day is a great start! Next time, hug and ask him a question - "how are you!" or "what's up!" are good ways to start a short convo. On Thursdays or Fridays, ask him if he has any fun weekend plans. On days after a big test in a class you have together, ask him how he thinks he did. Think about what you have in common or what would be interesting to him - and ask him while you've got your arms wrapped around him! Smile
Lauren C.

by RaininLuv on 2/23/2012 1:32:13 PM

Just talk to him. Make him YOUR friend. Or al least make him think ofnunas a friend. Get to know him and talk to him during class. Than, I'd he is hanging out with the "popular crowd" than you can totally just go up to him and say,"Hey!! How's it goin?" Smile

by JessiJo77 on 2/22/2012 9:35:06 PM