2 HOURS AGO Rockin' workout clothes you can sport outside of the gym: http://t.co/sDhSkbCVCU

14 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

16 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

COMMENTS

10 ways to show M&D how much you care

This Heart Day, show the 'rents how much your lurrrve them...in a snap!

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a huge problem. I recently bought The Hunger Games on DVD, but it had to be a secret from my very Christian stepdad cuz he does not like it at all. So I had a plan to have my parents watch the movie so they can understand why I like it so much. The problem is that yesterday my grandpa told my stepdad that he bought the movie and threw it away after watching it. Now I think he hates it more. What do I do?

Hey girl, this is tricky. Try sitting down with your dad and talking to him about The Hunger Games, tell him why you like it, ask him what his concerns are and maybe you can come up with some sort of agreement or maybe he'll agree to watch the movie to approve the movie himself. If not, I'm afraid  you might just have to return the DVD rather than risk getting into trouble for watching it. Good luck girly. xoxox

Lauren I.

by AMCfangirl on 9/5/2012 12:29:43 PM

My parents have been divorced since I was seven. It's been a very long time, but I just can't take it anymore! Whenever my friends ask me a question about it, I just about burst into tears [sometimes I do]. I can't stand it! My friends say that they will be there for me...but shouldn't I be fine now after all these years? Help!

Hey babe,

We all break down about sensitive subjects no matter how long it comes to be.  Time solves a lot of things but it will never completely erase a scar.  It will, however, wear it away and make it easier to deal with.

The same things happens to me still, and mine got divorced even longer ago than yours did.  When triggered in the right way, I end up crying too.  I like to look at how much stronger it made me, and how impressive it is that I've come to deal with it so well as is.
Jordan S.

by hermionegirl12 on 5/21/2012 8:24:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
please help!!
Me and my mom get in fights ALL the time. not like little fights or yelling, but like screaming and she physiclly abuses me, like hitting, scratching, suffocating me, etc. i swear im not exaggerating and i need help because it feels like no one cares about me. i know my mom hates me and i dont know why. she always tells me i have problems and yells and me and im super derpressed. help.

Hey girl,

Check out this article for some tips on calming down, stepping back from the angry fights, and fixing this sitch. Try to take some of the advice there like walking away if you get really upset and talking to her quietly and calmly when she is in a good mood. But you need to talk to someone else if she's actually physically abusing you. This isn't a joke - your mom should be someone who protects you, not someone who hurts you. It's obviously causing you to be really hurt and depressed, so this isn't healthy at all. Please please please talk to a teacher you trust, a school counselor, a clergy person at a local church (even if you don't go to church), or a friend's parent about this NOW. <3 It's worth it so you can feel like your home is a safe place!
Lauren C.

by Brie1411 on 3/18/2012 2:11:40 AM

MOD MOS MOS!!!!
My mom and I got in a fight a few days ago when I didn't do the dishes. I went to my room because I was mad and went to bed because it was the time she wants me to go to bed. I also said things about her I regret to my friend. I was just mad because I had a bad day and I just wanted to go home and forget about it. My mom took away my cell phone and said she would give it back when I respect adults. Now she read my texts and she is really sad and won't give my phone back. What should I do? I have already apologized and done everything she told to.

Hey girl! Tough sitch, but you got this. Let your mom cool off for a bit. While she's busy cooling off write her a hand written note apologizing and saying everything you love about her. Tell her just how thankful you are for her! Handwritten notes are one of the most special gifts you can give a person. She might not give you back your phone right away but she'll def appreciate your kind words. Good luck! xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by Catty13 on 3/15/2012 7:57:39 AM

Hey veggigurl, first try to reason with your mom. Ask her if she can make an execpetion just for the Wednesday. If not, you should just break down and tell him the truth. Let him know about you being grounded but also tell him you would love to go out with him some other time. I think he'll understand. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 2/25/2012 8:45:50 PM

theres this guy i like that asked me out to the movies next wednesday, and hes a 'good kid' is what everyones parents say, but i am ALWAYS GROUNDED! i didnt text my mom while helping out at a homeless shelter with my church today, and now she says im grounded for a month. I don't want him to think im making things up because i dont like him, but also dont want to be too straightforward with saying that i do(like him). He's not, um, the most crushed-on guy, and so i dont want him to get the wrong idea, because most everyone elses parents in the area are SUPER lenient (sometimes a litle too much)...so yea please help! and thank you

by veggigurl on 2/25/2012 8:18:48 PM

My older sister sometimes grabs and pinches my boobs. Do you know how I can stop it or how to tell someone?

Hey girlie,

This is definitely not ok - she's hurting you, plus embarrassing you on top of it! Try talking to your mom or dad about this. Tell them you don't want to sound immature, but what she does is WAY crossing the line. Tell them you deal with a lot of stuff because you understand living with a sister means compromising, dealing with some annoying stuff, and accepting other people's weird habits. (That's totally mature and will make them listen to you more seriously.) Don't freak out, don't get emotional or throw a tantrum...but ask them if they could talk to her about it and make her understand that she needs to respect you more. Hopefully getting them on board and telling them how this makes you feel will make it stop! <3
Lauren C.

by Em&Emmalee on 2/24/2012 11:47:09 PM

mod mod mod mod.. this is really serious for me... i really dont like my dad at all...he fights a lot hes annoying and is lazy hes act like he is 7..... my parents ARE NOT divorced which i find confusing becuase my mom always fights with my dad and they always talk about eachother in a bad way...some day tough my dad is SUPER normal and acts like a real dad but not mostley...there is NOOO way i will even try talking to any family memeber abut this/: most of the time its all becuase of money i just want to sit and my room and cry what do i do..

Hey princesschick1999, aww man. Since there's so much tension in your house and it's beginning to affect you, why don't you become involved in some extracurricular activities. That way you'll have a reason to get out of your house and somewhere to channel all your anger and hurt. You could try acting, dancing, singing, or sports or visual arts. See if there are any clubs at your school you can join. If not search for some organizations in your neighborhood. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by princesschick1999 on 2/24/2012 4:02:14 PM

Need help with ANYTHING?
school? drama? boys? besties? family? This club is just for that(: theres noo need to be embarssed to ask any question...there might be someone who is wondering the same thing(:

by princesschick1999 on 2/24/2012 3:55:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD (Lauren C) what do i tell my dad Whenever he's bringing it up? It makes me so mad and sometimes i wan't to tell my dad off or somthing cause he's acting like I made a BIG crime or somthing and this happened like almost a month ago and i wan't him to drop it now but he wont! what do u suggest i do Or tell him?

Hey mozilla10, Lauren C. is done modding for the day but I can help you out. Maybe try talking to him and asking why he flips out on you for small things. He may not be aware of how much he overacts, so just bring it to his attention. Whenever he brings the situation up just ignore him or say "Yeah" and "Uh huh" to show him that it doesn't annoy you the fact that he still brings it up. If he sees it has no effect, then he might drop it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.