8 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

11 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

12 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

10 ways to show M&D how much you care

This Heart Day, show the 'rents how much your lurrrve them...in a snap!

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a huge problem. I recently bought The Hunger Games on DVD, but it had to be a secret from my very Christian stepdad cuz he does not like it at all. So I had a plan to have my parents watch the movie so they can understand why I like it so much. The problem is that yesterday my grandpa told my stepdad that he bought the movie and threw it away after watching it. Now I think he hates it more. What do I do?

Hey girl, this is tricky. Try sitting down with your dad and talking to him about The Hunger Games, tell him why you like it, ask him what his concerns are and maybe you can come up with some sort of agreement or maybe he'll agree to watch the movie to approve the movie himself. If not, I'm afraid  you might just have to return the DVD rather than risk getting into trouble for watching it. Good luck girly. xoxox

Lauren I.

by AMCfangirl on 9/5/2012 12:29:43 PM

My parents have been divorced since I was seven. It's been a very long time, but I just can't take it anymore! Whenever my friends ask me a question about it, I just about burst into tears [sometimes I do]. I can't stand it! My friends say that they will be there for me...but shouldn't I be fine now after all these years? Help!

Hey babe,

We all break down about sensitive subjects no matter how long it comes to be.  Time solves a lot of things but it will never completely erase a scar.  It will, however, wear it away and make it easier to deal with.

The same things happens to me still, and mine got divorced even longer ago than yours did.  When triggered in the right way, I end up crying too.  I like to look at how much stronger it made me, and how impressive it is that I've come to deal with it so well as is.
Jordan S.

by hermionegirl12 on 5/21/2012 8:24:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
please help!!
Me and my mom get in fights ALL the time. not like little fights or yelling, but like screaming and she physiclly abuses me, like hitting, scratching, suffocating me, etc. i swear im not exaggerating and i need help because it feels like no one cares about me. i know my mom hates me and i dont know why. she always tells me i have problems and yells and me and im super derpressed. help.

Hey girl,

Check out this article for some tips on calming down, stepping back from the angry fights, and fixing this sitch. Try to take some of the advice there like walking away if you get really upset and talking to her quietly and calmly when she is in a good mood. But you need to talk to someone else if she's actually physically abusing you. This isn't a joke - your mom should be someone who protects you, not someone who hurts you. It's obviously causing you to be really hurt and depressed, so this isn't healthy at all. Please please please talk to a teacher you trust, a school counselor, a clergy person at a local church (even if you don't go to church), or a friend's parent about this NOW. <3 It's worth it so you can feel like your home is a safe place!
Lauren C.

by Brie1411 on 3/18/2012 2:11:40 AM

MOD MOS MOS!!!!
My mom and I got in a fight a few days ago when I didn't do the dishes. I went to my room because I was mad and went to bed because it was the time she wants me to go to bed. I also said things about her I regret to my friend. I was just mad because I had a bad day and I just wanted to go home and forget about it. My mom took away my cell phone and said she would give it back when I respect adults. Now she read my texts and she is really sad and won't give my phone back. What should I do? I have already apologized and done everything she told to.

Hey girl! Tough sitch, but you got this. Let your mom cool off for a bit. While she's busy cooling off write her a hand written note apologizing and saying everything you love about her. Tell her just how thankful you are for her! Handwritten notes are one of the most special gifts you can give a person. She might not give you back your phone right away but she'll def appreciate your kind words. Good luck! xo, Erin M.

erin m.

by Catty13 on 3/15/2012 7:57:39 AM

Hey veggigurl, first try to reason with your mom. Ask her if she can make an execpetion just for the Wednesday. If not, you should just break down and tell him the truth. Let him know about you being grounded but also tell him you would love to go out with him some other time. I think he'll understand. Hope this helps! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 2/25/2012 8:45:50 PM

theres this guy i like that asked me out to the movies next wednesday, and hes a 'good kid' is what everyones parents say, but i am ALWAYS GROUNDED! i didnt text my mom while helping out at a homeless shelter with my church today, and now she says im grounded for a month. I don't want him to think im making things up because i dont like him, but also dont want to be too straightforward with saying that i do(like him). He's not, um, the most crushed-on guy, and so i dont want him to get the wrong idea, because most everyone elses parents in the area are SUPER lenient (sometimes a litle too much)...so yea please help! and thank you

by veggigurl on 2/25/2012 8:18:48 PM

My older sister sometimes grabs and pinches my boobs. Do you know how I can stop it or how to tell someone?

Hey girlie,

This is definitely not ok - she's hurting you, plus embarrassing you on top of it! Try talking to your mom or dad about this. Tell them you don't want to sound immature, but what she does is WAY crossing the line. Tell them you deal with a lot of stuff because you understand living with a sister means compromising, dealing with some annoying stuff, and accepting other people's weird habits. (That's totally mature and will make them listen to you more seriously.) Don't freak out, don't get emotional or throw a tantrum...but ask them if they could talk to her about it and make her understand that she needs to respect you more. Hopefully getting them on board and telling them how this makes you feel will make it stop! <3
Lauren C.

by Em&Emmalee on 2/24/2012 11:47:09 PM

mod mod mod mod.. this is really serious for me... i really dont like my dad at all...he fights a lot hes annoying and is lazy hes act like he is 7..... my parents ARE NOT divorced which i find confusing becuase my mom always fights with my dad and they always talk about eachother in a bad way...some day tough my dad is SUPER normal and acts like a real dad but not mostley...there is NOOO way i will even try talking to any family memeber abut this/: most of the time its all becuase of money i just want to sit and my room and cry what do i do..

Hey princesschick1999, aww man. Since there's so much tension in your house and it's beginning to affect you, why don't you become involved in some extracurricular activities. That way you'll have a reason to get out of your house and somewhere to channel all your anger and hurt. You could try acting, dancing, singing, or sports or visual arts. See if there are any clubs at your school you can join. If not search for some organizations in your neighborhood. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by princesschick1999 on 2/24/2012 4:02:14 PM

Need help with ANYTHING?
school? drama? boys? besties? family? This club is just for that(: theres noo need to be embarssed to ask any question...there might be someone who is wondering the same thing(:

by princesschick1999 on 2/24/2012 3:55:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD (Lauren C) what do i tell my dad Whenever he's bringing it up? It makes me so mad and sometimes i wan't to tell my dad off or somthing cause he's acting like I made a BIG crime or somthing and this happened like almost a month ago and i wan't him to drop it now but he wont! what do u suggest i do Or tell him?

Hey mozilla10, Lauren C. is done modding for the day but I can help you out. Maybe try talking to him and asking why he flips out on you for small things. He may not be aware of how much he overacts, so just bring it to his attention. Whenever he brings the situation up just ignore him or say "Yeah" and "Uh huh" to show him that it doesn't annoy you the fact that he still brings it up. If he sees it has no effect, then he might drop it. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by mozilla10 on 2/22/2012 4:48:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok this is a long story Frown 2 weeks ago i was bored and i drew a picture....it was two people together naked and u know the rest... Im embarrassed to say it but i don't know why i drew it i hid it and my dad was snooping in my stuff after i told him not too and he found it and now he's all angry with me. he's saying he thinks im drawing it because of my friends and who i hang out with but ITS NOT and he thinks im lieing and i told my teacher she told me its my body changing and puberty!!! but my dad doesn't know that and he keeps getting angry with me and bringing it up meanwhile i only did it ONCE but he won't stop cause he wan'ts to bring it up to the Children Aid and To "Solve" the problem! im confused my dad is mad at me but my teacher tell's me its normal for my age to think about it but my dad disagrees!! i really need advice please!?

Hey girlie,

Your teacher is so right. You can understand why dad flipped - you're "his little girl" and he doesn't want to even imagine that his little girl CAN get naked, let alone that she's thinking about two people naked together. It's a lot for him to take in and accept, that you're growing up. But it's normal to be curious and it's not a sign of a bigger problem that you drew one little picture. It might be worth talking to your teacher and seeing if you can have a parent-teacher conference about this, since you trust him/her enough to spill this story! You should also try to emphasize to dad that it only happened ONCE - he didn't find tons of other drawings lying around... and he won't find them because you don't have a strange obsession with this or anything. You're just growing up and you doodled something a little questionable ONCE. Keep trying to show him you're responsible and not totally consumed with this kind of thing - good luck girl <333
Lauren C.

by mozilla10 on 2/19/2012 11:55:15 AM

MOD MOd Mod Thanks for the good advice. The only problem is Mason doesn't go to my school anymore. he's coming back next year so should I wait till then or try and get a Facebook and talk to him on there? Thank you MOD! and Girls' Life rocks!

Hey Teampeetapercy, try chatting him up on Facebook. I'm glad I could help and that you like GL so much!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by teampeetapercy on 2/15/2012 8:20:27 PM

I gave Valentine's Day cards to both my mom and dad. And my dad always gets me a stuffed animal or heart shaped pillow on VD. I think its important to let our parents know how much we thank and care for them.

by luckykel on 2/15/2012 1:55:26 PM

Our parents do almost everything for us, so I think these are some great ideas to really show them how much we care. I always make a card for my parents on their birthday or on a holiday, and sometimes for no reason at all <3 Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

by fallsb-ball on 2/14/2012 8:26:09 PM

Hey Everyone!(: Come Join my club 'Girls Rule'! It's a great club for all different girls to hang out and have an amazing time!(: We Discuss fun topics such as music, guys, beauty, fashion, makeup, school, celebs, and more! Hope U join!
<333,
Madi(:

by *MusicGirl16* on 2/14/2012 7:41:57 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
My mom and step dad are acting really weird lately
Last night they stayed up until 11:30 talking ( they usually go to bed at 9:00)
And today my mom drove me to school and she told me to ride the bus home because she had a "meeting" but when I got home I went to get something out of the garage an my moms far was there but she wasn't!! Then at like 4:30 my step dads truck pulled up and he stayed in the car for like 30 min. So I called my mom because I was getting worried and she was in my stepdads car.
They stayed in there until 6:30 and came inside acting all normal but my mom had a yellow envelope in her arm. What do u think I should do?
P.S They aren't fighting

Hmm idk. I really just have no idea hah. Give it time, they may tell you soon. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Haileygab on 2/14/2012 7:36:15 PM

I love my parents. They are REALLY annoying most of the time but I still love them with all of my heart!

by Princess Keziyah on 2/14/2012 6:52:56 PM

I appreciate my parents!!

Join my club, 'Orchestra Nerds & Band Geeks.' It's a loose and fun club where we talk about anything and everything- But especially music Smile Go to my profile to join!! svds

by svds on 2/14/2012 4:46:34 PM

Does anyone think making dinner for ur parents is a good idea? I'm a terrible cook (I burn toast)but i think it would be sweet.

by Moonshadow24 on 2/14/2012 4:21:55 PM

My mom was crying this morning after I gave her a Valentine gift and card. I wrote her a really sincere and deep note that meant a lot to her. I also sewed her a heart shaped pillow and put it in a box I decorated. Everyone should do something special for their parents, they do so much for us. Smile

by mangopie8240 on 2/14/2012 4:10:44 PM

I have a complicated question. I liked someone last year, let's call him Mason. Someonetold Mason I like him and asked him out for me even though I didn't want her to. He said no, but kept sending people to ask about me for him He flirted with me all 7th grade. For 8th grade (this year) he goes to another school. Someone, we'll call her Liza, said that Mason told her on Facebook that he likes me. But my friend, we'll call her Tara, said that Liza lies a lot. Liza is mean to my friend and told me I have a big nose. What I want to know is do you think Liza was lying or telling the truth about Mason liking me? She's brough it up at least 4 or 5 times since I 've known her. I can't talk to mason myself because my parents won't let me have a Facebook. Also, how can I convince them to let me have a Facebook because I'm almost 14 and the only person in my grade who doesn't have one? And do you think Mason likes me because he's moving back to our school next year? Thanks, MOD!

Hey girl!

I would say talk to Mason directly in school. The thing about having friends doing the messaging is that while it may cushion rejection, it makes things vague and you don't get to develop a proper relationship with the person you're interested in. You could try asking your parents why they think you shouldn't have Facebook and communicating why you think it might actually benefit you to have one. <3

Krupali D.