7 MINUTES AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

3 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

4 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

Killer case of razor burn

Whenever I shave my legs after I get out of the shower my legs burn—even if I moisturize!

mod mod mod OK i just shaved today should i put lotion on my under arms right after i get outof the shower or what ? oh and i only shave my under arms that is what my comment was meaning the one before this one so read this one also
~thank you Smile

Hey girl, this post says not to put lotion on immediately after shaving because it can irritate your skin.  Hope this helps!

Karin E.

by 2cute03 on 4/18/2013 4:43:09 PM

mod mod mod OK i would like to know how often to shave is every other day good or to much could you tell me what alot of people do and even people who are not mods please comment on this
~ thank you Smile

Hey girl, shaving is different for every girl.  You have to decide when you want to shave and how often.  Best of luck finding your own routine!

Karin E.

by 2cute03 on 4/18/2013 4:40:46 PM

i've never told anyone but i need help of my fear of razors
when i was young i played with the razor i cut my finger thumb i got scared their was so much blood i got o scared i never touched,look,thought,or even got near a razor i scream if i get near one and in the future i don't wanna be the hair legged women what should i do to over come the fear of razors

by jaynasa on 12/29/2012 12:44:23 PM

To girls who want to shave: When you're at the store with your mom and you pass by razors try and build up the courage to ask her if you could try shaving. Or ask when SHE's buying a razor for herself. That's how I started shaving. And if you don't know how to shave when you get your razor then just ask her about it. If she doesn't tell you much or something, I bet there's things online that can tell you how. GL probably has an article about great shaving tips!

by CristinaHoran on 7/11/2012 8:47:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
This is so embarrassing... I always have white-ish bumps on my leg that look like zits. Sometimes when I pick at them a piece of skin oozes out. What I want to know is, what they are and how I can break my bad habit. And, I picked again earlier. Without buying any products , can I make them go away by Sunday?
Thanks! I find this the best site for advice!!! Smile

Helen S.

by jellybean101 on 5/18/2012 4:48:13 PM

My friend said your so lucky that you don't have under arm hair I said well I kinda do but I only shave once every 2 weeks or once every month soooooo... yea your akward and then a boy asked me if girls wear bras we used to be friends he is a perv!

by smilygirl008 on 5/15/2012 7:59:56 PM

I have this mole on my chin like Cindy Crawford's. I think it's ugly. But the weird thing is, like, when it is in the sun it shines, like (I can't believe I'm saying this...) a bald man's head does. That's the only thing I can think of to compare it to. This makes me not able to wear ponytails or to put my hair out of my face because my hair, like shades it so id doesn't shine. What can I do about this shine?

Hey girl,

I think your best bet would be to cover the mole with a bit of concealer. Then, use light foundation to even out your skin tone. Lastly, use a powder to set your makeup and cut down on oily shine. Smile That's my makeup routine and it makes a big difference!
Lauren C.

by LovePeaceHope on 3/22/2012 7:39:35 PM

by lovepeacehope on 3/21/2012 8:55:11 PM

WOAH! i have the razor in the pic haha

by HollaYo on 3/16/2012 4:10:39 PM

WOAH! i have the razor in the pic haha

by HollaYo on 3/16/2012 4:10:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey yesterday I noticed bumps under my eyebrowas almost like freckles today people kept pointing them out to me . I might go see a dermatologist if it doesn't go away but do you think you know what it is and how I can make them go away

Hey babe!

It could be blackheads/clogged pores or ingrown hairs.  I think your best bet is to take a trip to the dermatologist though.
Jordan S.

by Juliacar on 3/12/2012 5:04:42 PM

I shave my arm pits and i started to get these bumps. I poped one of them and it turned red and burned when my clothing rubed against it. What do I do!!

by puppies11 on 3/3/2012 6:09:32 PM

I have this weird bruise on my leg. Its been there a long time now. Are there any tricks on how to remove it??

Hey dramagurl2222, cocoa butter and neosporin may help in lessing the appearance of it. Also try hitting up the aisles in Rite-Aid and CVS for some scar ointment that helps with getting rid of bruises. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by dramagal2222 on 2/29/2012 6:41:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! i have stretch marks on my hips, and when i was trying on my bikini, i noticed that my bottoms don't cover them up. does cocoa butter work for this? what should i use?

Hey babe!

Yes, cocoa butter should help diminish them over time.  If it does not, you can always try a Vitamin E treatment by using either Vitamin E oil or A&E cremes.
Jordan S.

by guitargirl7321 on 2/23/2012 12:49:13 PM

Mod! Mod ! Mod! I'm go g to great wolf lodge for spring break. I was wondering what binkini to wear to flatter my hourglass/ruler figure. P.S. i need so Todd workouts and diets to get a good binkini body by spring break thanks so much

Hey Haileygab, bikinis, cut-out one pieces, high waist bottoms and halter swim tops would look great on you. Be sure you're jogging, doing jumping jacks, bicycling, trying sit ups and push ups to shed pounds. Eating fruits, veggies, and drinking water will help too. Check out our Health&Fitness page for more tips. Good luck girl! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Haileygab on 2/22/2012 5:14:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
hey,first thanks because now I know why my legs itch or stings so much,too. But my question is this, i have lines on my underarms like marks. and I want to get rid of them as I'm gonna spend summer on Disney and ofcourse I want to go to the water parks.Please,do you have some advice on how can I get rid off them? thanks... Smile

Start exfoliating once a week with a drugstore scrub, like the ones by Clean and Clear.  By doing this, you're getting rid of all of the dead skin cells and helping your body show of the new, eventually fading your marks over time hopefully. Jordan S.

by kraCy 4 TaylorLautner xD on 2/21/2012 2:56:29 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by Callie620 on 2/20/2012 10:47:25 AM

MODMODMOD
Which is better: electric or reusable razor?

Personally, I love reusable (also known as disposable) razors. It's a personal choice and I know my mom used an electric razor for a long time so it works well, but I prefer disposables!
Lauren C.

by 2cool2bark on 2/18/2012 11:45:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD thx about answering my question I have 1 more I ask everybody they said wait waitwait so I'm coming to u my period will be the same time in July that I'm going on vacation what do you where in the water like a pool and ocean I am not allowed to wear tampons and I love to swim I dont wanna miss out what should I do

Hey girl,

Try talking to your mom about the situation -- maybe she'll let you wear tampons since it's a special occasion. If not, hopefully you'll be lucky and your period won't last the whole trip!

Meghan D.

by gracie206 on 2/18/2012 8:59:01 AM

hiya! thanks so much for answering my question last time ! ok so my new question is im going to stay at a hotel with my dad lil sis n bro tommorow n were going swimming tommorow i wanna radiate confidence ima wear a tankini but i look fiiineee lol Smile but anyways i wanna radiate confidence and its kinda weird cuz im on my period so ima have to use tampons and well its gonna be awkward anyways cuz its gonna be around my dad like wearing a swimsuit and i look goood in it :/ and what if theres guys! ok well my plan is to just play with my lil sis and brother making them happy n thts nice but i look like really good in my swimsuit and my dads gonna be there so how do i not be self concious bout that and whht do i do if theres guys and i wanna flirt wihout my dad killing me / them or possibly him not even seeing

Hey babe,

The best way to get this off your mind? Enjoy yourself enough that you don't even have time to think about it! Dad could probably see you in a sweatshirt/jeans and think you're showing too much skin haha - you're his little girl, so he's going to be protective. But that doesn't mean you aren't growing up. It's a fact! Try to embrace it and don't feel awkward. You're wearing a tankini, not a bikini, so that's some extra coverage that should make you feel better. And you know not to flaunt your body - that would be super awkward and uncomfy, plus kinda disrespectful to your fam. Avoid that and just have a playful convo if you see any cuties near ya. But mostly, focus on your sibs and have a great time!!!! <3
Lauren C.

by beautiful nerd! on 2/18/2012 12:00:09 AM

Come join my club,.... Beautiful Creatures the Book Club. If you like the Beautiful Creatures series or fantasy romance genre, then this is the club for you. See you there!! Smile

by madi_830 on 2/17/2012 10:58:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I dont shave but I like to use creams like nair and veet,since I dont shave, does the cream still give you the same results as shaving?

Hey girlie,

It's different for everyone, but the creams actually promise smooth legs for a little while longer than shaving! And you avoid razor burn, which can be a plus Smile As long as you follow the instructions and it doesn't irritate your skin, it's totally a great option Smile
Lauren C.

by madi_830 on 2/17/2012 10:54:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD Yesterday, I found out that my good friend likes this one guy, I am SO happy for her, except that she likes the same guy that my other other friend likes. They have no idea that they like the same guy. They always ask me for advice on him, too! What should I do? Thank you so much! <3

Hey applea123, if I were you I would try my best to stay out of it. Try to avoid giving them advice, because you don't want them to get mad at you. So the next time they ask for help say "I don't know" or "I'm not sure if that will work." It may be a little difficult at first, but they'll get the hint soon. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by applea123 on 2/17/2012 7:14:20 PM

mod! ok this is really gross, but i have these gross purple and blue veins ALL over my legs, and im only 13! some look all wormish and short and purple and others r long and blue. EW! sometimes i see oldish ladys with them but im not old! i started geting them when i was like 9 or 10 and i hate them SO much! they make me self concious Frown none of my friends have them! what do i do? sometimes they hurt, also. How do i make them go away and stop them from coming? is their something wrong with me?

Hey noodle&poodles, I don't know why you have them. I think you should make an appointment with your doctor to see what's up especially since they hurt. I don't think it's anything life threatening, but it's good to be on the safe side. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by noodle&poodles on 2/17/2012 5:52:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!! I Already started my period but lately i found some white skicky stuff on my underwear what is wrong with me?

Hey gracie206, that's discharge girl. It's just your bods way of cleaning itself so no worries. I know it looks and feels gross, but it's completely normal. No worries. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by gracie206 on 2/17/2012 5:15:47 PM

I hate red bumps and razor burns.

by svds on 2/17/2012 4:48:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD I already gotta a bf but theres a boy in my math class tht i sit next to and he talks alot 2 me, im ok being his friend although y does he lyk talkin 2 me!? He saw me with my bf a couple of times! Dont he get the message tht im taken!? My bf saw him stare at me once which made him disappointed so he told the boy 2 back off n shes mine n stuff. He's a nice kid but Im not into him? What do i do?

Hey Susmita24, just keep the convo friendly and general. If he starts flirting, don't flirt back, just keep it casual. Hopefully he'll get the hint. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Susmita24 on 2/17/2012 4:20:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD My family birthday party for my 16th birthday is tommorrow. What should i wear? I am curling my hair with my wand. My real birthday is on sunday but my big sweet sixteen party with my friends isnt for 2 weeks. I know what i am wearing for that because it is dressy but not for my family party. Any ideas?

Hey dancercheerleader219, you could wear a cute top with jeans and flats or boots. A sweater with leggings and boots would be cute too. Have fun and Happy Early Birthday!!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by dancercheerleader219 on 2/17/2012 3:56:15 PM

by Princess Keziyah on 2/17/2012 12:40:51 PM

Razor bumps are like the same thing as folliculites. I used to get it really bad but I went to the dermo. She said to use neutrogena shave gel, replacable blade razors, exfoliating body wash right after I shave, and curel lotion right after I dry off from a shower. It all cleared up quickly and these tips will work for anyone! I forgot never shave dry and never use scented lotions/bodywash (it irritates the hair follicles).And if none of these things work go to the dermo and ask for prescription cleansing pads they work magic when things get really bad.

by mkmnj on 2/17/2012 9:24:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Wow... I have the SAME THING exept on my under arms!! It's a bit ddifferent, I have little Pimples that form. A have like ten at a time, both pits. Help? It hurts! I can't just not shave, that would get ugly... I think my deoderent may be irratating it to, but I can't stop THAT either, because I'd stink terribley. Help!!

Hey girlie,

Have you ever asked your doctor about this? Razor burn usually does pop up some red bumps that hurt/burn, but these could be pimples or even ingrown hairs. Talk about ouch! These could be a reaction to your deodorant, a change in laundry detergent, or from shaving. Whatever it is, try talking to your doctor so they can give you tips! <3
Lauren C.

by Ktbug120 on 2/16/2012 9:35:40 PM

I have the same razor as the one in the picture, LOL.

by voucher on 2/16/2012 9:02:23 PM

Oh so I get razor burn!
I don't know why, but it always feels better to shave with a dull blade...weird...I cant stand fresh sharp blades that's when I get razor burn!!

by hockeygirl1999 on 2/16/2012 9:01:05 PM

I was just going to ask someone what to do when you get razor bumps because my legs were hurting so much

by jazziesgirl on 2/16/2012 8:04:42 PM

for a couple weeks now my skin had gotten dry(sometimes when i put lotion on its burns) and my hair is super staticky and its really annoying,how can i stop this.i know its winter but i dont like it!thnx

Hey girlie,

Check out these articles! I think they'll have the perfect solutions for your probs Smile

Lauren C.

by natbe99 on 2/16/2012 7:58:00 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!! A guy who used to live on my street came up to me and this guy wants to go out with me, call him J. I stare at him for a second and see J and one of his friends STARING at me and my bffs. J is a total jerk! He sits nxt to me in class, and is the last person who i would think to like me. He has his perks but is immature. The rest of the day he acted like normal. I didn't even answer what should I do? If another guy asks me to go out with J, how could i maybelet him down gently? Thx!

Hey girlie,

If you don't want to go out with him, just be honest. Tell J (or another guy, if a friend asks for him) that you appreciate being asked, but you would rather just be friends right now. Apologize and move on. As long as you say it in a friendly way while also being strong/staying true to your feelings, it'll be ok <3
Lauren C.

by amileofroses on 2/16/2012 7:03:36 PM

I get that too! i found out the easiest way to help it is to put deodorant right after you finish shaving, on where you get razor burn! it works great!

by purplegirll on 2/16/2012 4:39:48 PM

Come join my new club BGLF (best girlslife friends!) It's going to be SO much fun and I would love any of you to join! Come to my profile and click on the club icon..it explains everything about what the club is about even though it's pretty self explanatory (in my opinion lol).
Thanks so much girls!