4 HOURS AGO Sweater weather also happens to be smoothie weather. Snag our recipes for seasonal sips: http://t.co/s00kRlDnDq #pumpkinspiceeverything

4 HOURS AGO RT @PeytonList: Lots of great questions! Keep them coming on @girlslifemag Facebook! 😻�pic.twitter.com/iuIzoC1K4Q4Q

4 HOURS AGO The lovely @PeytonList is answering Qs on our FB wall *right now!* Head to http://t.co/7oz2xj5ydi to join in! #glpeyton #peytonlist

COMMENTS

Banish PMS forever! Say see-ya to mood swings

Do ya get majorly moody when Aunt Flo comes to call? We feel ya. Luckily, there’s a cure for what ails ya…

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm on my period and as usual i get cranky and mad easily. Today my little cousin(shes like 9) (im babysitting) was telling me about something and i sppazed out on her and stated telling her how shes so annoying and stuff. I really really really feel bad, and she told on me to my mom and her mom (my aunt) and they think i just yelled at her for no reason. How do i prevent this from happening everytime i have my period? Thanks

Hey! The trick is to recognize your mood swings before you lash out. I get that way sometimes, but when I  start to get mad i try to stop an think: is this something that is worth getting upset about? and then take a deep breath and see if that helps

Helen S.

by Sarah_12 on 8/28/2012 5:02:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm about to turn 14 and I think I got my period but I'm not sure. At the very beginning of August I had spotting and cramps for 5 days. The spotting started heavy (like lots of little smears and dots) then got lighter(only one or two dots). The thing is, I've heard periods are sometimes very light for the first time (like just a few spots of blood). This was the first time I ever spotted or cramped. If this was my period then I'm supposed to get it again at the end of the month... And that's the first or second day of school! What do I do? I'm not sure if the blood was enough to be a period. I don't know if this matters, but the blood was all bright red. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP. Thanks! Also, my mom said it was not my first period Frown

Hey girl! It might have been your first period, so if you're really worried about being protected for school, bring a couple panty liners and pads to school and stick them in a cute bag in your locker or backpack.  You'll be fine if you just pay attention to how your body feels and if you get cramps, maybe put a panty liner on just in case.  xoxo

Kate G.

by purple10115 on 8/20/2012 2:51:38 AM

by purple10115 on 8/19/2012 7:55:44 AM

Mod Mod Mod
What if I don't like milk and do not drink it? Could I substitute something for it?

Hey girl! Dairy is found in all milk products, so if you don't like drinking milk, try eating yogurt, pigging out on some fro-yo, or makin' yourself some grilled cheese.  Anything with milk in it! xoxo

Kate G.

by kiki_5 on 8/10/2012 1:34:22 AM

MODMODMOD!! I try to warn my parents when I'm moody and jumpy, but they just think I'm using it as an excuse. I can't warn them what should I do!?

Hey girl! Mood swings are a totally normal part of growing up and we've all been through them.  I'm sure your parents understand this too, but they may still get frustrated.  If you start to feel moody, try to separate yourself to get some space and calm down, that always worked for me Smile xxoo
Maggie P.

by AwesomeBlossom on 8/9/2012 3:32:57 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
My period only just started in May this year, since it's only been like 3 months since I first started getting Aunt Flo visits, do I get PMS? I know it stands for, "Pre Menstrual Syndrome", but in a book, I read that this happens like a year or two after you started getting periods. Is that true?

Hey girlie,

Nope, that's not true! Girls can even experience PMS before their first period - it all has to do with changing hormones that affect your mood. Check out these articles about it!

Lauren C.

by cheetah#1 on 8/2/2012 8:39:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Please help! I am on my period right know and I have really bad cramps, they hurt so much I am almost in tears! What can I do!?!?!?!?!?!

Poor girlie! I've been there, trust me!  Try a heating pad, it'll help relax your muscles.  Some ibuprofen (if your parents will let you) will also help.  You might not want to exercise, but I promise it will make you feel better.  xoxo (oh, and treat yourself to some chocolate!)

Kate G.

by hermionelover on 8/1/2012 4:29:28 PM

Hi, I have had my period for a while now, and its pretty unexpected. Will it straighten out and become more regular or will it always be like this? BTW I have had my period for almost a year now

Hey girl, periods can be irregular for the first 2 years after your initial one. So it's totally normal for yours to be weird. There are also lots of things that can affect periods and make them irregular at any time, so don't sweat it if yours isn't completely stable all the time.
Carrie R.

by Catyperry12 on 7/18/2012 1:42:35 PM

I have a friend who has ginormous boobs for our age. The thing is, she brags about them and talk and talks and talks about them all of the time! She *always* brings up the fact that apparently her boobs 'weigh her down', she's always suspecting that boys are staring at her boobs, and girls too! She even comments about the size of MY chest - when we were laughing about the myth that corn makes your boobs bigger, she says, "than YOU should eat lots more corn!" and when we are in the locker room she comments on how 'small' my chest is! Its super annoying and kinda gross! Frown

Hey girl, she's probably just commenting on your small chest because she's jealous. Everybody wants to have the boob size that's different from the one they have. Just be happy with yours, and tune her out when she goes on about hers. And if she says something negative about your chest that bothers you, tell her (in private, of course). Be honest, and ask her not to make fun of your boobs because it hurts your feelings. She's your friend, so she should understand.
Carrie R.

by cmfox99 on 7/16/2012 1:37:07 PM

Mod mod mod mod
I havent gotten my period yet but my family goes to the lake on our boat every weekend and i am scared i will get it then. There are no bathrooms on the boat and we dont stop at all anywhere there is bathrooms. We stay out there for like 8 hours sometimes! What if i get my period on the boat? Also what do i say to my friends and younger bros when we are swimming when i do get it? Thanks!

If you're so worried I suggest you try to put in a tampon before you head out there. It will protect you while you're out there and keep you from leaking everywhere. That's what people wear out in water normally. Good luck! xoxo kerra

Kerra S.