15 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

16 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

17 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

Banish PMS forever! Say see-ya to mood swings

Do ya get majorly moody when Aunt Flo comes to call? We feel ya. Luckily, there’s a cure for what ails ya…

My period arrived today...yippy... Anyways, I'm always a disaster when it comes to periods! Either I end up leaking or something! I'm just not ready for them yet! PLEASE HELP! Also I have hairs down there, what do I do with them?

by Rainbows_rawr on 7/13/2012 11:56:32 AM

by Rainbows_rawr on 7/13/2012 11:56:22 AM

Hey girl,

If you've had your period already and you think you might be ready to use tampons, I'd definitely recommend them. They come in all sizes so that you can last longer. If your period is heavy, try a bigger sized tampon to reduce the mess (plus you won't have to change it as often). Always have toilet paper and wipes on hand in the bathroom so that you can keep everything clean. If you're leaking, your period might be heavier than you think, and you need to change your pad or tampon more frequently. If you have a free day when you're on your period, try out a tampon or pad for a timed period and see how much it fills up to determine when you should change/how heavy your period is. For those hairs down there, you might want to cut them down--it'll help keep your period days a little cleaner and be easier for applying tampons. Before shaving down there, ask your mom for tips on what you should do. Remember, she was a teen too! She went through the same stuff!

Catherine C.

by Rainbows_rawr on 7/13/2012 11:56:07 AM

MOD MOD MOD!! My period was heavy last month. Does that mean it will be heavy this month too?

Hey girlie,

Not at all! Some girls have naturally heavy periods each month, but your flow can be affected by all sorts of things. And one month of a heavy period doesn't guarantee that yours will be heavy forever Smile
Lauren C.

by Piano player114 on 7/12/2012 8:43:39 PM

The first time I had my period i wasn't moody at all! I think you should also do things you love and try to be happy!

by Luna8844 on 7/2/2012 9:41:56 PM

Ok this didn't get posted before.
1. Lately, for like the past couple of weeks, I have been feeling really tired and been really clumsy. No matter how much I sleep, I am always suuper tired. s that a part of PMS? Also, Everyday, I've been clumsy like 24/7. Is that a part of PMS too?
2. I e-mailed Girls Life for the "Your Friend Did What?!?!" contest, and I was wondering if I would get e-mailed if my story was one of the stories chosen. Thnx!
P.S sorry it's so long!

Hey chica, it is possible that PMS can cause you to feel tired and clumsy, but only for the week leading up to your period. You shouldn't have those symptoms from it for weeks on end. So make sure you're eating a healthy diet, keeping your sleep cycle regular, and exercising daily to get your bod on track. And about the contest, you probably won't get emailed, but you'll see your story show up when you get your copy of the mag.
Carrie R.

by happyone123 on 6/27/2012 12:18:39 PM

My brothers always want me to go into our pool but i have my period... how do i tell them that i cant go in? my mom was starting to bribe me in..... how do i say that i cant go in the pool? it is the beggingin so i can only use pads, not tampponbs..... Frown

Hey girl, if it's just your family, it's okay to tell them the truth. They'll understand, and you can join in next time!
Meghan D.

by 13agari on 6/22/2012 9:49:38 PM

mod mod mod
this is a little akward but how do you insert a tampon and are there smaller ones? if you can plz answer.

Hey girl!

There are directions on how to insert a tampon in every single box, so try checking those out for some help!
Rachael A.

by watsmyuser on 6/22/2012 4:09:15 PM

Hey 13agari, mark on your calendar the days you have your period, so you'll know when the next one is coming. Be sure you are wearing durable pads that keep your underwear from getting soaked. Also switch when your pads gets too wet. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Hey back also..... its the begginging of my period and i dont know when and how to predict it my mom says that it is like every 28 days but not in the beggingin and my enderwear keeps on getting like bloody... embarrasing! So how do you predict in the bvegginging... thanks! Lynae P.

by 13agari on 6/19/2012 8:25:58 PM

Guys, I am at a B-ball camp and I have my period.... Just started so no way for tampon.... Its a little bit uncomfortable, but it is only 3 more days. Can you play sports in a pad? Just another question... how did you ask yur mom/ dad for tampon when yur older?

by 13agari on 6/19/2012 8:21:16 PM