Bridget M.

is modding

8 HOURS AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

11 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

12 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

Banish PMS forever! Say see-ya to mood swings

Do ya get majorly moody when Aunt Flo comes to call? We feel ya. Luckily, there’s a cure for what ails ya…

Hi I need some help. So the deal is, I ride horses a LOT every summer but last summer I got my period when i had a lesson. So Can I wear pads when horse riding? or tampons? Also- would it work to stick a few pads down a cowboy boot?
One more thing- we're also going on a 4 week long road trip this summer and i should get my period around then. the only problem is that we're going to be camping. how will i work with that? I don't think we'll be stopping often, so i can't change pads every couple of hours... Frown So yeah sorry this is long but i need help. Thanks!! Smile <3

Hey girl!

I would recommend using tampons when you're horseback riding. They'll be way more comfortable than pads. You could totally stick a few in your cowboy boot as long as you're sure they're secure in there! Don't want an embarrassing situation if they fall out! Tampons would also be good for camping. They're more comfortable and reliable and way less messy. You won't have to worry as much while you're camping. You can just have a good time! Good luck!

Rachael A.

by Nikichic on 6/18/2012 5:31:45 AM

i am super negetive and i cry alot the past 2 days but i have not started my period does this mean it will happen soon?

Hey Girl,

That may mean it's coming-- sounds like pms. Or it might just be the reg teen hormones

good luck,

Simone
simone s.

by popgirl79 on 6/14/2012 1:24:54 AM

I want to tell my best friend that I got my period, but she is more of the joker type not the serious type. Whenever something comes up that makes her uncomfortable, she jokes about it. When my other friend told us she got hers, my joking friend made fun of her for it. When one of my other friends had a stain, instead of quietly telling her about it so she can do something, she just laughed and pointed. I know that it sounds like she is really mean, she just doesn't know what to do when she is feeling akward, so she makes fun of people to get her out of that state. Any tips?

Hey babe, the best thing for this sitch would be to tell your bestie when you two are hangin' out alone. Have her over for a sleepover, and when you have a moment, just tell her that you have something serious to say. If she makes fun of you, be honest, and tell her that she's hurting your feelings. Don't bring up any of the incidences with your other friends or seem accusing. Just focus on your friendship.
Carrie R.

by mainbunny1 on 6/12/2012 3:26:28 PM

MODMODMOD
I have really bad cramps a few days before, and for the first couple days on my period. Because my tummy hurts so bad, I skip out on exercise. I was wondering: would working out anyway help with the cramps?
Thanks!

Hey babe, get out there and get active! It's tough when you don't feel so good, but your bod will thank you for the exercise. Working out will release pain-numbing beta-endorphins, and you'll end up feeling better after.
Carrie R.

by Graciegang on 6/6/2012 1:35:18 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
I heard about these things called menstrual cups and I'm wondering what they are and how to use one?

Hey girl,

I'm not sure what those are, so I would ask your mom or a doctor.

Meghan D.

by Hockeygal5 on 6/2/2012 6:54:28 PM

Hey kkkahy, it will help you to keep track of your periods, so you will know when the next one is coming. Periods come every couple weeks so record the dates when you're on your period again so you can predict the next one. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I feel like my period runs my life!!! When im on my period im always thinking about how if I will be able to change my pads if we are going somewhere all day, if i will leak, if i will have to go swimming (i dont use tampons) or anything! and when im not on it, im always worreid about when it will come again! will it come when i have to go swimming, will i have important tests during school, will i be on vacation?? it controls my life and i dont know what to. I have a bunch of parties coming up this summer at the beach/in a pool and im worried i will be on my period and not be able to go. How do i stop my period from ruining my life? THanks and sorry this is soo long! Lynae P.

by kkkahy on 6/2/2012 3:17:52 PM

Hey Hockeygal5, that is kinda rude. I would just be ring it up the next time you're around your mom and let her know. I'm sure she will say something to your doctor. Xoxo

GMod Mod Mod
So my doctor is really embarrassing because everytime I go to the doctor she calls me "the problem child" because I have ADHD. And it really hurts me to hear that. Now I hate going to the doctor and I don't know how to tell my mom Lynae P.

by Hockeygal5 on 6/2/2012 9:52:00 AM

Mod Mod Mod
I'm just wondering but is there anything else I can use to like control my flow without pads or tampons?

Hey girl,

When you have your period, pads and tampons are pretty much the only way to go.

Meghan D.

by Laxchic2 on 6/1/2012 10:42:44 PM

My mom finally let me use tampons. So I got my period today(I've had it for over 2 years) and I read the back of the box for instructions. There's no diagram but the tampon comes with an applicator. I know this is awkward but I don't know where in my vagina to put the tampon. Sorry it's so wierd. I really want to use my tampons it would help a ton!

Hey girl!

Try asking your mom or another girl you trust to help you. Maybe she can stand outside the bathroom door and give you tips while you try to use the tampon. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by Lalainya on 5/28/2012 5:42:04 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
It's almost summer time & I have my period. I LOVE to swim & play sports but I don't know how to use tampons! My friend tried to use one yesterday but she said it hurt! What should I do?

Hey girlie,

It takes a little while to become a pro at tampons, but don't get discouraged! It'll feel so normal and totally comfy once your bod (and muscles "down there") get used to them. They're the only way to keep swimming while you have your period, so they're 100% worth it! Check out our tampon guides to get started and remember - practice makes perfect <3

Lauren C.