2 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

3 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

4 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

COMMENTS

The secret to becoming a breakfast person

Hate b-fast food? Laura Williams does too! She's dishin' out early morning eating tips to help ya conquer the day.

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I want to lose some weight though I'm not fat. I want to have a healthier breakfast and lunch. The problem is that I don't want to seem like I'm on a diet or make my dad suspicious. It's embarrassing because I'm only 11. Is it fine to eat regular lunch or lunchables for lunch? Is lunchables a good choice for lunch? If not, want are some healthy ideas? Finally, my friends have a high metabolism and I have a normal one so I have to watch out for what I eat, but my friend always brings sweets and I always want to eat it and I do. How do I keep the sugar to a minimum? Oh, if I eat healthy and try to get 3-4 days of swim (it's a swim team for 1 hour) do you think I will see results? Thank you!

Hey girlie,

You can eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle without "going on a diet," and I'm sure your parents wouldn't be upset if you wanted your family to be more healthy! Try incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your breakfast and lunch. I don't know much about lunchables, but I'm sure there are healthy options within the brand or within other lunch brands. You could try incorporating more natural sugars from fruits into your diet, and having sweets every once in a while is totally fine if you live a healthy lifestyle Smile Swimming sounds like a great way to exercise, and if you want to tone a certain part of your body you could ask your swimming instructor about what strokes and exercises would be best. Check out our recipe and workout channels for more health ideas! http://www.girlslife.com/category/healthy-recipes.aspx http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx

Meghan D.

by sohi105 on 5/4/2013 11:48:43 PM

I make my own parfaits with walmart brand granola cereal, vanilla ypugurt, and frozen strawberrys that I picked llast year. eaysm, yummy, cheap, and fast.

by emma.and.lightning on 5/20/2012 4:32:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have been trying to slow down on the soda so I have been drinking more water but I wanted to know if Vitamin Water is good for you to drink?

Hey Chica,

Vitamin Water is NOT good for you to drink! It's better than soda, but it still has plenty of sugar and not too many real vitamins (though the misleading name...)! Try to stick to real water instead. What you can do to make water a little tastier is to add real fruit. Try to mix in some lemon pieces/juice (it's especially refreshing when it's really hot outside), or add some berries for flavor!
alicia m.

by victoriabieberz on 4/12/2012 1:44:56 PM

Cool! I have to try this!

by Super8fangirl98 on 3/18/2012 3:59:17 PM

huh... i'll have to try one of these Smile

by FashionLover1198 on 2/29/2012 6:58:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD! i just came back from two days of snowboarding and i am really sore! any advice to help relax my muscles (i can't get a bath because i don't have one). thanks!

Hey girlie,

Since you can't take a bath, the next best thing is to try to RELAX. Give yourself a spa day - paint your nails, give yourself a facial, light some candles, listen to slow and soothing music, stay in comfy clothing, and rest. Try slowly massaging your leg muscles with your thumbs, kneading each section. Use a hot water bottle or microwavable "bed buddy" (those things with beads inside) and rest it on your muscles, to soothe them. Some low-intensity stretching could help loosen your muscles, while Tylenol or Advil can also work to relieve that pain! <3
Lauren C.

by coldplay12 on 2/24/2012 11:54:51 PM

by Princess Keziyah on 2/24/2012 9:39:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me and my sister are completely useless when it comes to deciding things,so going around the mall and eating there after a movie or eating at panera and then going to barns and noble after a movie?? Thanks Smile

Hey girlie,

I vote for the mall/food court after the movie Smile You'll have way more options because there are clothing stores, electronics stores, and much more!
Lauren C.

by iluvmusic♥ on 2/24/2012 9:33:22 PM

heres a recipe that you can try for breakfast or an after school snack its sooo yummy and super healthy! Its also quick to make. Put some yogurt in a bowl (I use activia) and then wash up a handful of fresh fruit (I use raspberries and blueberries and strawberries) and put on top and then sprinkle some granola on top (I use granola with nuts in it for extra protein) it is sooooo good!

by honeycakes on 2/24/2012 5:41:58 PM

Mod Mod Mod?!
Lauren C.?
Today people in my class were talking about it. I didn't say anything because I wasn't near them but I could hear them. It was a half day today so I was okay until that happened. I feel like I never want to talk to my mom again. I know middle school doesn't matter, but I don't want to talk to my mom. I just needed someone to talk to, do you have any more advice?
BTW your my favorite moderator! You actually answer my Q's!
I don't even like redheads. I like a guy with brownish/blonde/gold hair and it was because he likes me...now idk...
What should I do? I feel so stupid.

by LLL328 on 2/24/2012 1:36:40 PM