11 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

14 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

15 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

The secret to becoming a breakfast person

Hate b-fast food? Laura Williams does too! She's dishin' out early morning eating tips to help ya conquer the day.

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I'm allergic to a lot of things like eggs, peanuts (all types),seeds,fish, and coconuts. I don't know what to eat for meals, so I usually skip. What are some good things you suggest. Most of those things are my favorite!

Hey girlie,

The WORST thing you could do is skip meals! When you're allergic to things, you sometimes have to try harder to get all the vitamins and nutrients you need. If you don't have those, you can get sick faster, you'll feel weak, you'll have less energy, and you'll be way less healthy. You can still eat meat, veggies, pasta, breads, fruits... you have TONS of options. I know these are your favorites now, but it's probably only because you can't have them. You can find plenty of things to eat - if you think about it and eat what's available to you, you won't starve. Chat with your doc for more recommendations!
Lauren C.

by Minaxoxo on 2/23/2012 9:23:52 PM

MODMODMOD
ok so i was in the shower today and i was about to wash "down there" and i notice i had a little pain (just on one side on the inside of the lips) the pain was almost like i had a cut there but i havent shaved or cut any hair down there for a while!! i also compared the side that hurt and the other side that was okay, and the part that hurt was a little more red, and it hurts mostly just if i were to touch it, other then that i can barely feel it.. im really worried HELP!!

Hey girlie,

It could've been an ingrown hair! That's super common "down there" and could cause it to hurt/be red for a little while. You can also get pimples, cuts, or irritated skin down there - just a normal rash, nothing to be worried about. The best thing to do is keep it clean and dry, by washing thoroughly and wearing cotton underwear. If it hurts a lot, putting a dab of Neosporin on it could help numb the pain! Check out this article for a few more tips - it's mostly about ingrown hairs on your legs after shaving, but the advice (especially seeing your doc if it doesn't get better in about a week) still applies!
Lauren C.

by Classy_Cassy on 2/23/2012 8:55:13 PM

Here's a good recipe to try:

Take some instant oatmeal and follow the instructions on the packet. Then, put it a teaspoon of cinnamon,brown sugar and vanilla and mix it in! If you have more time, put in a few apple slices. Enjoy! :>

by Thespianstar on 2/23/2012 8:34:57 PM

Mod Mod MOd
Lauren C.
And thank you

Ahhh ok, I see what you meant. But what I said still holds true - looooots of your friends have been embarrassed by parents before. I promise!! And if none of your buds respect your mom because she spreads info like this, that should comfort you in a way - it's not like they'll take her seriously. <3 I know it's rough, but hang in there! <3
Lauren C.

by LLL328 on 2/23/2012 7:58:57 PM

Mod Mod MOd MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So my mom and I were talking about guys and I said I liked gingers like Ron Weasley. Today my mom supervised recess and told all the guys i like redheads and there is a redhead in my class and I do NOT like him. My mom told him I do not like him.
She is so embarrassing, only two people said anything.
Brad said: Your mom said you like redheads
I didn't reply.
Brad: Do you like your mom
Me: No
Brad: Haha you're like everyone else then.
How can I get her to quit embarrassing me? She does every time she comes to school or I am w/ my friends. I try telling her to not talk to them or be normal but she won't listen. She thinks it doesn't matter.
She never did this to my older sister so its not fair! What should I do?

Hey girlie,

Brad's right - I know this feels soooo embarrassing right now, but ALL of your classmates have been embarrassed by their parents before. And probably a lot! She's not trying to hurt you, but sometimes they just don't understand what will help you and what will make you upset. But you're not alone! Just try to put this behind you and be confident at school tomorrow. If the redhead in your class says anything, just apologize and tell him you're not sure why your mom said that, that you've talked to her about it, and that you'd love to just be friends.

Then, try talking to her again. Instead of asking her to be "normal" or getting super upset, tell her how this makes you feel. Tell her that sometimes you tell her things because you trust her - and you want them to stay BETWEEN you two. If she tells your friends or other family members, it's like you can't trust her anymore. And tell her you don't want to stop coming to her and chatting about stuff like boys, but you're going to have to if she keeps betraying your trust. THIS will help her understand how she's making you feel <3
Lauren C.

by LLL328 on 2/23/2012 7:36:13 PM

MODMOD
So lately, my eating habits have been really weird, sometimes ill barely eat anything. i feel like im barely ever hungry. And i dont usually eat breakfast in the morning because every time i do i get a stomachache and it feels like i might throw up by the time i get to school (it takes maybe 20 minutes to get to school). Ive always been a good eater and my parents think im doing this on purpose or something when im not.

Hey girl,

This has to do with your metabolism. Depending on how many calories you're burning in a day, your body will want to eat more/less calories. Your bod needs energy when it works more... so it makes sense! Try working out or even playing a sport with friends after school to see if that helps you work up an appetite. If this has been going on for a while though, try talking to your doctor. Some things that cause your metabolism to slow down, like stress or other health conditions. Your doctor is a professional and can really help sort this out! You're not getting the vitamins and nutrients you need, so you gotta speak up now!!
Lauren C.

by baileybluu on 2/23/2012 7:07:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay so I'm always starving later in the morning and I get up SUPER early for school. I try to eat peanut butter on bread, but I have a sensitive stomach. I could drink some milk and get a stomach ache! How do I fix this? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You don't need to have milk with your breakfast to be healthy! (Although we recommend it because it's amazing for your bones.) Try whole grain Cheerios with Lactaid milk, a cup of yogurt, and a piece of toast with peanut butter on it. Fruit salad is also good and plain pancakes could also help keep you filled. But it's important to eat breakfast, so even if you have a craving for something "non traditional," give it a try! I used to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast before school because I was kinda queasy in the morning. It was the only thing I really wanted to eat - and it was fine because it kept me full til lunch! <3
Lauren C.

by Flgirl97 on 2/23/2012 6:27:04 PM

****MOD mod MOD mod MOD****
Ok so (please don't ask why) but today a boy and I were being idiots in spanish class and he poked himself with a push pin and then I did (with the same one) apparently there was a little bit of blood on it (not visible) but will I get AIDS now? Omg I'm so scared!!!

Hey girlie,

Try to relax! It's probably good to go to a doctor just in case - if the pin was dirty or rusty, etc. But chances are, it wasn't enough to pass on any diseases. Don't freak out, but like I said...it's probably smart to admit you did something wrong and talk to a doctor to make sure you're totally healthy <3
Lauren C.

by txtingirl on 2/23/2012 6:25:12 PM

MOD- i think i may hav an eating disorder. Every spoonful of food, i think, makes me feel fat. Im 5'7" and about ___ pounds, i feel like a blimp!! I compare myself 2 skinny girls and think ill never be able 2 look as thin,as pretty. I went on a phase wen i barely ate anything, and lost a ton if weight,and felt better, the only thing that stopped me from continuing was i fainted once,so people were constantly watching making sure i ate. I gained back all of the pounds i lost, and again feel myself start2slip back into that. I just want 2 feel happy, and not hate food,shopping,or the scale. I want2be able to look in the mirror and not think"fat" automatically!!!

Hey girl,

You've already succeeded here - because you've admitted this behavior ISN'T healthy. It's so great that you don't want to live like this anymore! First off, I hope it makes you feel better that you aren't alone - a lot of other girls have had these thoughts. It can hurt seeing so many skinny celebs, models, and classmates because you feel like THAT is what's pretty. But it's not the only thing that matters! Sure skinny girls can be pretty (because we love ALL our GL babes equally!), but girls who have a natural, normal body weight look healthy, happy, and gorgeous. You don't deserve to live this way, constantly thinking about food and weight and hating what you see in the mirror. Try talking to someone about this - your guidance counselor, a parent, a person at church, or someone else you trust. Tell them you're having a lot of trouble and that you want to talk to someone who deals with eating disorders. Since people noticed you losing weight before, I think they'll be relieved you admitted this and will really help you try to find someone to talk to! And even though that might seem awkward at first, these people are totally able to help - they've heard EVERYTHING before. They can help you sort out your feelings, figure out good foods to eat that make you feel healthy and not guilty, figure out what is causing you to think about food this way, find ways for you to love your body and your amazing qualities, etc. The important thing is that you SPEAK UP!! Please girl, promise that you'll get help! <333 Lots of love, we're always here for ya and want you to LOVE yourself as soon as possible!
Lauren C.