AN HOUR AGO GL's connecting with the cosmos to cast your #horoscope: http://t.co/6q0cyyIeCt

2 HOURS AGO How to stay healthy during Labor Day cookouts: http://t.co/RthaSviW43

3 HOURS AGO Poppin' pin-worthy BTS nail art: http://t.co/EykNKhp6zB

COMMENTS

Bored with my besties

I love my BFF, but she never wants to do anything!

mod mod mod
I have had a problem with my friend not doing anything with me. I've known her since second grade or before. shes always liked reading, and the last time she came over, she found a book of mine she liked, and wouldn't stop reading! I tried to talk to her, but she would just give me one word answers, and I sat awkwardly on my bed for 2 hours until she had to go home. shes one of my BFFs, and I want to hang out with her more, but I don't want a repeat of the last time she came over. (also- I tried to bring up fun things to do, but she wouldn't respond. I couldn't tear her away from it!)

Hey girlie, next time you see her do something out of the house. Get lunch or frozen yogurt or see a movie. Go somewhere so she won't find a distraction. Or if you want to have her over let her know that you really want to spend time with her and you don't mind if she borrows the book to read later.

Lauren T.

by ladybugg on 7/28/2013 7:35:13 PM

The other day at lunch i was with my best friend and she was acting like she was mad at me or annoyed with me and she said some pretty mean things to me!i txted her tonite and asked her if i did something wrong and she said no. For some reason i dont belive her though. What should i do?

Hey girl,

Try talking to her in person next time you see her instead of texting -- it's easier to convey emotion when you can see the other person. Don't be confrontational, but you do have the right to tell her that her words hurt and you want to know what's up. If she's going through something, you want to be there for her, but you shouldn't have to be friends with someone who's unkind to you! If she still says there's nothing wrong, let it go, but be wary if she starts saying mean things to you again later.

Meghan D.

by peacenluv22 on 3/16/2012 10:14:51 PM

I have only have two close friends that I hang out with, but other than that, I only have a few other friends...I guess you could call me anti-social because sometimes I'm scared to meet new people because I get nervous about what other people will think of me. How can I make new friends and get less nervous about meeting people??

Hey girlie,

It's ok to have a few friends that you really trust! Some people are great at having tons of friends, while others prefer a few close ones. But if you do want to meet more people and feel more comfy around them, try getting involved in something new! The only way to really feel more at ease in social situations is to push your comfort zone and do some things that make you nervous at first. If you challenge yourself by joining a new club, speaking up in class, texting a classmate and asking if they want to hang out after school, or something else a little "out-going," you'll get better at it every time you do it! Smile
Lauren C.

by iRokkin on 3/15/2012 8:15:09 PM

MOD MOD I have had this BFF for 8 years and I suddenly found out she told one of my deepest secrets to another girl who hated me for it. And she felt completely justified in doing it. I have so many things she has told me that I am ashamed t even hear, and she goes and says something I didn't mean and only said out of anger. I'm hurt and I want to trust her but I can't. I talked to her about it, and now she thinks it's all normal. I told her who I liked but I won't talk to her about things now because I am afraid to trust her.

I'd watch your words around her for a bit.  Don't tell her anything until she wins back your trust. Jordan S.

by romanticbookworm13 on 3/12/2012 7:55:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Ok, so I really need advice. My Best Friend has a friend that is a boy, and he bullies me. I try to be nice to him, but he is mad at me because I told the school psychologist that he was cutting himself, which he was, and now he hates me and is really mad at me, but even worse, he is trying to ruin my BFF and I's friendship. What should I do!?

You should try to go to her first.  Let your BFF know your worries before things really start to get affected by him.  Get in there before he has a chance to and head him off.  Talk to her about what she wants you to do if things start to change, so that way in times of doubt, you have a go-to plan.

It's likely that he feels like you're against him for now.  So, you can also try and talk to him about why he feels this way about you, and let him know that you want to try and repair the relationship.

Good luck, chica!
Jordan S.

by Allicat13 on 3/10/2012 2:24:30 PM

MOD how come my comments never get posted? so i really wanted to know if 13 is a good age to be able to go to the mall with my friends? i have been out like this before, but when i asked my mom later in the year she said no. i guess im also asking how to decode mom.Smile
thanks and please answer this

Hey girl,

We're doing our best to answer all of your questions, so if yours isn't answered right away it means we are super busy! Some girls go to the mall when they are 13, but every mom is different. Ask your mom why she's not letting you go. Is it because no parents will be there? Tell her you'll check in with her at designated times, or have a parent go to another store while you're with your friends. Is it because she doesn't know the people you'll be with? Invite them to your house beforehand so she can see who they are. If you talk to your mom calmly and don't get upset when she says what you don't want to hear, you'll be more likely to get her to say yes. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by gingeriscute22 on 3/10/2012 11:21:32 AM

Mod Mod Mod
All my friends are on vacation and its only the first day of spring break and im bored to death. And I would try and make more friends through facebook but my dad says that facebook ruins your life... So i cant have one no matter what I say. Advice on how I can talk or trick him into letting me get a facebook and what I can do for fun in minnesota where theres still snow on the ground???

Hey girl,

You need to respect your dad's wishes, at least at the time being, but you can still have fun without facebook! Try texting some of your friends or meeting some new pals in your neighborhood! Ask your parents what's going on in your town, or catch up on some favorite TV shows, or plan a family game night. Spring break will be gone before you know it, so have fun and don't stress!

Meghan D.

by nyagross on 3/9/2012 11:42:05 PM

It all started last year. I was in the most popular group in school.Over the time people got "mature". Everyone started kissing, dating , and cursing.I didn't know what to do. The girls in my group started to get into arguments with me. They'd say thats why no one likes you and you don't have a boyfriend. I would call all of them promiscuous and of course i had to explain what it meant.Right now were all 11 and I'm not ready for that. I don't have to many friends now and a bunch of fake friends.

Hey! That's really rough, but you have a lot of integrity to stand up to your friends like that. It seems like it'll take forever, but you will meet genuine people who share your interests and won't pressure you to be someone you're not. your old friends might even come around someday. Hang in there!

Helen S.

by DivaD01 on 3/9/2012 6:29:34 PM

Mod mod mod!!! Please help!!
One of my best friends is being a witch!!!! So she told me who she liked and not my other bestie. So my other bestie was trying to figure it out. She told me to give her clues but I said no to every guy she guessed. She guessed the guy my friend liked and again I said no. Then she said oh I know it's him someone told me. She wouldn't tell me who. So later that month my friend says that she didn't like the same person anymore. So I asked her who she liked. She said she wasn't gonna tell me cuz I told everyone who she liked. I was super confused and when I asked about it it turns out my other bestie said that I'd given her clues to who it was. I tried to explain and she always cuts me off! But then she goes and tells everyone oh don't tell maddie she tells everyone anything. When I object she's like um YEAH u do. So no one trusts me!! What can I do about my friend friend?? Thanks

Hey girl,

It sounds like she doesn't want to hear the REAL explanation here. I'd try one more time - the next time she says, "Maddie tells everyone's secrets," be firm and don't let her cut you off. Say something short and confident, like - "I respect my friends' secrets and I don't spill them. I don't know why you think that but I would never do that to someone who trusted me." If she still doesn't listen, you're going to have to put this behind you. It takes time to build up trust again among your friends, but you'll have to be patient and prove that you're loyal, trustworthy, and zipped-up when it comes to secrets. I know it's annoying, but sometimes people will believe what they WANT to believe - and we can't do much about it. Just try to be a good friend and things will go back to normal <3
Lauren C.

by Nmun2000 on 3/8/2012 8:47:28 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod-- I have to go bra shopping and I hate that! Advice on how to like it more??? Thanks

Hey girlie,

You probably hate it because it's awkward sometimes and can feel tedious, aka long and boring. Just try to get excited about it, like you would if you were shopping for a cute dress or new purse! Your bras go on your body every single day, so there's no reason they have to be boring old things. Try jazzing it up with a new color or style! Go to a new store for your bra. Try on other stuff while you try on bras, like tee shirts or pajamas. Basically, just try to lighten the mood by making it a fun experience! If you tell yourself it can be fun to look for bras, over time it will feel more fun! (and with all the zebra/leopard print or hot pink bras out there, why should it not be?)
Lauren C.