AN HOUR AGO Boost ya game, girl! Here's how to ask a guy out on the sly: http://t.co/AS1N1ATW1Y

2 HOURS AGO #BeautySpy! GLgirl, Eve spills her secrets for flawless skin: http://t.co/6SJSUXg6TC

3 HOURS AGO Got #PMS cravings? Swap your guilty pleasures for some #cleaneats: http://t.co/gHtcfeaxm7

COMMENTS

5 risks worth taking

Are you ready to take a chance? These ideas are sure to pay off!

no offense GL, but how exactly are these "risks"?

by cutiecayley333 on 3/3/2012 8:19:43 PM

I did that same thing yesturday !! I asked my mom if my frined and I can go see the hunger games at midnight but she said no cuz we're going to utah at 5 AM. but I wanted to see it SOOOOO BAD

by bunniac13 on 3/3/2012 8:11:04 PM

A couple weeks ago i asked my mom if i could start to shave and she said that i can shave my pits but not my legs because our race doesnt have hairy legs. but i feel really self conscious about the hair on my legs especially in gym because we all wear shorts and everyones legs are smooth. there is a lot of hair on my legs,despite what my mom states. im scared to ask my mom again cuz she prob will react the same way...how can i tell my mom about my situation and not feel afraid? my moms understanding but neither she nor my older sister shave their legs
Thankssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Be mature about this and approach her again! Tell her you totally understand that she has never had a problem with her leg hair because of your race - and throw in there that you love being the race you are and you're so proud of it. But tell her that body hair is kinda personal and the hair on your legs makes you really self-conscious, whether or not she thinks it's a big deal. Ask her again if she would mind you shaving it. Tell her you know you're responsible enough to do it often, keep up with it, not cut yourself, etc. And tell her what it would mean to you - that it will make you feel more confident, more comfy in your own skin, and really happy. Be honest and stay calm - and try to accept whatever decision she makes <3
Lauren C.

by crazycow on 3/3/2012 6:59:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I still haven't gotten my Feb/Mar issue. I've emailed GL and they said it would come on Feb 20 but it never did. Why hasn't it come?!?!?!?!?

Hey girl,

Unfortunately, mods have nothing to do with subscription services so we can't help ya <3 Try emailing the same address that you did before and tell them it never came!
Lauren C.

by GT23 on 3/3/2012 6:27:01 PM

***MOD***MOD***MOD***
I am an aspiring writer/journalist. Currently, I am a high school student and I was wondering what things I could do to prepare/get experience. I am looking for a job and I understand that as a teenager, I cannot just get a job at a newspaper or something. But do you have any ideas of jobs that could be slightly related? Also, what about internships? Or just any activities that would be good experience? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You never know what could happen if you try! Write an email to a local newspaper and ask them seriously about an internship (or even a magazine located in your area - GL offers internships to high schoolers, for example!). Tell them how dedicated you are to writing and how much you'd love to get experience. You should also write for your school's newspaper - or start one, if your school doesn't have one. Working for the yearbook can be great experience too! The most important thing though is to write write write, no matter what. Even if that means writing articles or fiction in your bedroom. Set aside time every single day to write and work on your craft - if you work hard, you'll achieve your goals! <3
Lauren C.

by crazyshortie13 on 3/3/2012 5:54:10 PM

Love ice skating? From recreational to classes to competitive, Ice Skating Queens love it too! Join my club today! Talk about what you're learning, get advice, tell others tips, talk about Olympians that inspire you...and Skate on!

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 3/3/2012 5:22:37 PM

Mod!
okay so i have this habit of apply a new nail polish every week. i wanna break that habit, but i just don't know how. i wanna paint them right now but i cant really stop myself. Frown thanks in advance. Smile

Hey girlie,

What's wrong with changing your nail polish every week? To keep your nails a little more healthy, try taking off your polish and giving your nails ONE day to breathe each week. Then, after 24 hours, paint them the new color. I love painting my nails because it's another way to express myself, a way to accessorize my outfits, and a fun way to play with color. Just let your nails breathe every once in a while and you'll be fine Smile
Lauren C.

by stars2010 on 3/3/2012 5:06:07 PM

I took the initiative and signed up for softball. My school's softball team , is not just good , it's division one good - so i'm really hoping i can make the cut for tryouts (: at least this way , i at least have 50/50 chance then no chance at all.

by michipie205 on 3/3/2012 3:55:08 PM

Mod: I'm kinda tempted to start my own business...Or anything that could earn me some extra money. I really enjoy writing and anything on the computer. (I know a lot about Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel.) Do you know of any ways I could make money off of this?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You could try contacting a town paper to see if they would be interested in a column about "teen stuff" - maybe teen fashion, activities around town for teens, etc. Use your imagination and do your research by reading lots of newspapers in your area. See what they're lacking, then pitch it! You never know - they might let you send in some writing samples Smile I had a friend who wrote a summer column for a local newspaper near me about all the seashore "hot spots," ways to protect your skin, the hottest bathing suit trends. It was really cool! You could also try tutoring in English/writing - try chatting with a teacher first so you can prepare, then spread the word through flyers, asking your parents to talk to their friends who have children, etc. Do something you love and work hard at it! Smile
Lauren C.

by IvoryPiano on 3/3/2012 3:45:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!! Ok so i made these two new friends like 2 months ago. We had so much fun and i even got them gifts, but now suddenly they aren't talking to me. They're kinda being mean to me too. What should i do??!! Im afraid that if i ask them why they acting like that, they'll think im too pushy. What should i do?!!

Hey girl,

Just try being subtle and asking them something like - "Hey! Is everything ok?" They'll probably say "Yeah, why?" and then you can tell the truth - "You've just been acting a little distant lately and I wanted to make sure we're still good." It's worth mentioning the problem so you can figure out what's going on. But if they're pulling away, being mean to you, and not telling you what's wrong after you ask, you don't deserve friends who behave that way. You deserve friends who care about you and wouldn't want to hurt ya! <3
Lauren C.